Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Might not be the same thing but I had a trigger shot doin my ivf. I'm in my 2 ww now and my boobs were Killin me all week . seem to have settled down a bit . still sore just not as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

bobskii wrote: »
    Might not be the same thing but I had a trigger shot doin my ivf. I'm in my 2 ww now and my boobs were Killin me all week . seem to have settled down a bit . still sore just not as bad

I had Ovitrelle injection on CD10, my boobs are still killing me, especially my nipples and they're very white, sorry if that's tmi!!

I had mine 2 weeks ago tomorrow . I've been on progesterone too so I was blaming it on that . with any luck yours is a symptom!

I had mine 2 weeks ago tomorrow . I've been on progesterone too so I was blaming it on that . with any luck yours is a symptom!

Keeping my fingers crossed! This 2ww is crackin me up though, AF due next Saturday, really hoping this is my month! Hopefully all of ours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to answer that but I have no idea :/

I did want to ask you, if you don't mind answering, do you ovulate on your own? I'm just wondering if trigger shots will be my next step. I do ovulate on my own but I was put on clomid to strengthen it...obviously it hasn't worked :pac:

Annnyway, I'm taking a breather from meds and charting and whatnot for a while. My brain is melting out my ears at this stage. No more clomid, which will un-fat me (I hope). Throwing myself into exercise and gonna get me proper fit.

Lucyfur, clomid didn't work for me either. Was so disappointed at the time.

• Advertisement

Clonmid didn't work for me either . drove me to distraction tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Mad, isn't it?And the internet leads you to believe that it's the ''fertility wonder drug''. The first month it made me sick, second month was ok...ish, but since then it's brought horrible side affects. I hope a higher dose isn't recommended :/

I know a few people that it worked for, but far far more that it did nothing for.

I'm having exploratory surgery in June. Gonna ask for a dye test on my remaining tube.

Horrible drug,I had really bad mood swings on it . doc recommend I go on it for another 3 months after the initial 6 and my husband told him no!
    I thought I would be the same on the fertility drugs during ivf but they were grand in comparison.
    getting to the ivf stage is a long process but it flies once you get started.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Mad, isn't it?And the internet leads you to believe that it's the ''fertility wonder drug''. The first month it made me sick, second month was ok...ish, but since then it's brought horrible side affects. I hope a higher dose isn't recommended :/

I know a few people that it worked for, but far far more that it did nothing for.

I'm having exploratory surgery in June. Gonna ask for a dye test on my remaining tube.

Well, you know obviously I'm a big fan, but I do think it needs to be given as part of TSI - that is, with scans to check how your follicles are responding, and when they get to the right size, you get given a trigger shot to force ovulation where you know there are mature follicles. I dont personally agree with it just being given and no follow up ,that you are left to your own devices after getting your hopes up.

With the TSI programme, I was able to see how my body was responding to clomid via dildocam. And I really think you need that when on clomid - if nothing else, you physically see your body responding to the drug, and that has to have an emotional and mental positive effect on the rest of the cycle.

I've my gynae referral finally next month. I really hope she can offer me some solution too.

Totally agree with you there .everyone who's prescribed it should be monitored on It . I was just giving the tablets and sent away in the hope they worked!

• Advertisement

Totally agree Neyite, over the past 2 years I'd say I was on Chlomid 50mg for at lease 9 months with breaks in between but like that you're just taking a pill and completely blind to whats going on inside. I had no real symptoms on it, maybe a little cranky but that's all. Didn't work for me as I'm sure you can guess.

Gonal F and Ovitrelle this month, currently in the 2ww, cracking up, need to keep busy!! Hope all you lovely ladies are doing good

Neyite wrote: »
    Well, you know obviously I'm a big fan, but I do think it needs to be given as part of TSI - that is, with scans to check how your follicles are responding, and when they get to the right size, you get given a trigger shot to force ovulation where you know there are mature follicles. I dont personally agree with it just being given and no follow up ,that you are left to your own devices after getting your hopes up.

With the TSI programme, I was able to see how my body was responding to clomid via dildocam. And I really think you need that when on clomid - if nothing else, you physically see your body responding to the drug, and that has to have an emotional and mental positive effect on the rest of the cycle. .

I agree with you neyite. I was ovulating on my own but monitoring confirmed that the follicles with clomid were much stronger than without. I just found it a horrible drug in that my body didn't like it. Was only on it for 3 months and asked the consultant to take a break. Thankfully I didnt need it after that.

I think I'm on the 2ww now although I promised myself i would not get into obsessing with this and possible symptoms etc. :o

yellow hen wrote: »
    I agree with you neyite. I was ovulating on my own but monitoring confirmed that the follicles with clomid were much stronger than without. I just found it a horrible drug in that my body didn't like it. Was only on it for 3 months and asked the consultant to take a break. Thankfully I didnt need it after that.

I think I'm on the 2ww now although I promised myself i would not get into obsessing with this and possible symptoms etc. :o

Hi YellowHen, I'm on the 2ww also, I don't think I'm obsessing (well I suppose I am a bit), it's the first time in a while that I actually feel and know I could have a chance seeing as we had tsi and the scan went really well, I'm due AF on the 29th, keeping fingers crossed, best of luck to you too, nice to know I'm not the only one on the 2ww

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

Hi Hollywood130, we're both on the same cycle so! I'm due my period this Saturday & praying it doesn't come. We had our second round of stimulated IUI last Saturday week. We were utterly devastated that our first round failed so I'm trying not to get too caught up in it this time, easier said than done though. This 2 week wait business is soooooo long. I've been through around 20 two week wait cycles since we started TTC and they become tiresome after a while, but don't go any quicker! Wow, just seeing that written down means that for 40 weeks I've been wishing my life away & living in hope!
    I'm fed up with thinking every twinge and pain is a pregnancy symptom, only to be knocked back when my period rears its ugly head again. I promise myself I won't think about things, positively or negatively, but in the quiet moments your mind drifts & there you are in full blown thinking about it mode!!
    Fingers crossed this will be our month........

Roustabout wrote: »
    Hi Hollywood130, we're both on the same cycle so! I'm due my period this Saturday & praying it doesn't come. We had our second round of stimulated IUI last Saturday week. We were utterly devastated that our first round failed so I'm trying not to get too caught up in it this time, easier said than done though. This 2 week wait business is soooooo long. I've been through around 20 two week wait cycles since we started TTC and they become tiresome after a while, but don't go any quicker! Wow, just seeing that written down means that for 40 weeks I've been wishing my life away & living in hope!
    I'm fed up with thinking every twinge and pain is a pregnancy symptom, only to be knocked back when my period rears its ugly head again. I promise myself I won't think about things, positively or negatively, but in the quiet moments your mind drifts & there you are in full blown thinking about it mode!!
    Fingers crossed this will be our month........

Hopefully it will keep, praying you get your BFP and I'd love to hear how you get on xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

2ww here too, AF due 3rd not holding out too much hope though as our timing was way off :rolleyes:

Ms2011 wrote: »
    2ww here too, AF due 3rd not holding out too much hope though as our timing was way off :rolleyes:

I'm on cd20 but based on increased cm I think I'm only ovulating now. I still only have a cycle of 26-27 days. I think this was our previous problem too.

I'm on cd20 but based on increased cm I think I'm only ovulating now. I still only have a cycle of 26-27 days. I think this was our previous problem too.

Do you have a short luteal phase?

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Do you have a short luteal phase?

Based on those dates I think so although that has never been confirmed. Having said that I managed to get pregnant last time so hopeful of getting pregnant again.

Based on those dates I think so although that has never been confirmed. Having said that I managed to get pregnant last time so hopeful of getting pregnant again.

Definately, plus I've heard it said that it's easier to get pregnant the second time round as your body seems to know what it's supposed to do, fingers crossed that's the case :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

Hopefully it will keep, praying you get your BFP and I'd love to hear how you get on xx

Thanks for that. Praying that everybody on this forum gets their BFP at some stage soon. There's some level of reassurance that you're not alone but it's also so disheartening that there are so many that are struggling too. Who'd have thought it would be this hard eh?!

Aint that the truth, people just take it for granted you'll get pregnant no problem, so many struggling, it's not fair! But hey what can you do

Tomorrow is my day for testing..I've already got bfp .I still cannot believe it after nearly 6 years trying .

Tomorrow is my day for testing..I've already got bfp .I still cannot believe it after nearly 6 years trying .

Bobskii that is FANTASTIC news, big congrats to you xx so happy for you, you've just given me so much hope after reading that!
    Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Thanks Hollywood!

Congrats, lovely to see another success x

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skylarr

Hi all.
    I've been reading through this thread and just wanted to say hi:) Great Thread Girls!

bobskii Wow that's Great news Congrats!!:) After 6yrs I'm soo very happy for you both!! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months:)) Please keep us all posted with your progress etc..

Also to everyone else who got their BFP Congrats!

I'm only at 4/5dpo now fingers crossed though because I think this month we BD at the right days (Hopefully!!). Also this was my first time ever to use OPTs! I found them really helpful. I started using them about a week before I Ovulated and there was no double pink line but as by my fertility friend app also when it say I was Fertile I got my 2 pink lines on that exact day! I was soo happy for that alone! The next day there was still 2 pink lines then the next day none. So we BD the night b4 I got my positive opt the night of my 1st positive opt and then the next. So Hopefully but we'll see! Looking forward to been part of this little gang lol!:)) X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Woohoo bobskii!! I am so excited for you! Congratulations xx

Congratulations bobskii :) You had a long wait but it just makes that bfp so much sweeter. Have a healthy and enjoyable 9 months :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm over the moon for you Bobskii!! Heres to a wonderful 9 months for you! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement