Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl. 2 X €10 vouchers in the Sunday Indo 6/4/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Just checking as i never buy any newspapers..
    The voucher will also be in Saturdays Sun newspaper right ?

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'm really blowing the budget with all these Aldi & Lidl vouchers lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I dont see Tesco running the offer of accepting those for long as I'm sure they are loosing a lot. But than if they cancel it, I'll be running to Lidl or Aldi. On the other hand Lidl or Aldi are paying to have coupons in newspaper and people are going to Tesco with them .. it's little bit ridiculous. Good for us (customers) tho .. gives us options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's just one €10 off €50 Lidl voucher valid until Easter Saturday in tomorrow's Sun and Sunday's Sindo; i.e. basically a reprint of the second of last weekend's vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Anyone know if there's going to be an Aldi voucher this weekend?

Oops, just saw the other thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Aldi voucher to be in sunday world

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Used my Aldi voucher in Tesco this evening....fantastic.

Was trying to keep track of the subtotal as I did the shopping but lost count. Thought I'd be struggling to make the €50. It just got me thinking if you were someway off the €50 and you got something you didn't need to bring you over and get the €10 off. Then take it back to customer services and ask for your money back on it as the wife had picked it up unknown to you.

Wouldn't normally be into pulling them kind of stunts but Tesco pull enough fast ones themselves so... I'm most likely a bit naive in thinking one would pull it off anyways.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

my tesco were arsey about accepting the lidl voucher. won't be using it there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Aldi voucher in indo today - used it again in tesco buying easter eggs! no problems using it - used last week too no hassle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Aldi voucher in indo today - used it again in tesco buying easter eggs! no problems using it - used last week too no hassle

When is today's voucher valid until?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

El_Drago wrote: »
    When is today's voucher valid until?

Close of business next Saturday? Last Sunday's ones are valid until close of business tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Stoked up on Easter Eggs in Tesco the square they had no issues taking the vouchers, have two more now going to use them for some booze for a family thing I have coming up thanks again OP.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Got a huge shop in lidl. €51.14 - €10.00 off.
    I have left tesco before with two bags worth for €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Stoked up on Easter Eggs in Tesco the square they had no issues taking the vouchers, have two more now going to use them for some booze for a family thing I have coming up thanks again OP.:D
    A neighbour just texted me to say Tesco have brought back the 25%-off-6-bottles-of-wine promotion, as I figured they would in the lead-up to Easter. Compound bargain alert! :D

6 x €5.99 (for instance) = €35.94 —25% = €26.96
    Same again.........................................+ €26.96
    ........................................................... €53.92
    €10 off = €43.92 for 12 bottles originally costing €71.88 = 38.9% combined saving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Got a huge shop in lidl. €51.14 - €10.00 off.
    I have left tesco before with two bags worth for €70.

And I left Dunnes with one tiny bag worth of €100 (bottle of whiskey). Does it mean Dunnes is the most expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

198321 wrote: »
    And I left Dunnes with one tiny bag worth of €100 (bottle of whiskey). Does it mean Dunnes is the most expensive?

You could have got 100 large bags of Dunnes crisps for that.

Two trolley loads. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

Is there 2 lidl vouchers in the Indo today? What pages are they on? Gona get my mom to cut them out and send them in post for price of a stamp instead of buying paper.
    I bought the Indo yesterday for the Aldi voucher, but there's not 1 page in the Sindo I would read.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

198321 wrote: »

Mine was just regular groceries in both cases. Meat veg, porridge, pasta, rice etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

sonandheir wrote: »
    Is there 2 lidl vouchers in the Indo today? What pages are they on? Gona get my mom to cut them out and send them in post for price of a stamp instead of buying paper.
    I bought the Indo yesterday for the Aldi voucher, but there's not 1 page in the Sindo I would read.
    Today's Sunday Independent (13 Feb) has one Lidl coupon (€10 off €50). It's at the bottom of Page 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

leck wrote: »
    Today's Sunday Independent (13 Feb) has one Lidl coupon (€10 off €50). It's at the bottom of Page 2.

Thanks leck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Will this be the last of the vouchers.
    Or should we expect another one next weekend ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I went into Aldi this weekend, filled a trolley up with stuff that'll last a while. Rocked up to the counter, unloaded onto the conveyer and handed in my voucher. Aaaaaaaaaah. I always get Aldi & Lidl confused. Ah well it was still good value. Will do the same next weekend in Lidl, Lidl, Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

timetogo wrote: »
    I went into Aldi this weekend, filled a trolley up with stuff that'll last a while. Rocked up to the counter, unloaded onto the conveyer and handed in my voucher. Aaaaaaaaaah. I always get Aldi & Lidl confused. Ah well it was still good value. Will do the same next weekend in Lidl, Lidl, Lidl.

That's gas! Mortified!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

timetogo wrote: »
    Did you ask them if they would take the coupon? I was curious if anyone used the Lidl coupon in Aldi or vice versa.

I used a Lidl coupon successfully at Tesco on Saturday. I bought €20 top-up for Vodafone and €30 additional items. The cashier reminded me that there were more coupons in Sat and Sun papers and gushed about how great the coupons were. She told me that she had used them herself at Tesco to buy top-up for her phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I dont think you can use the ALDI voucher in LIDL or vise versa. Its only Tesco that are accepting vouchers from Aldi, Lidl, Dunnes & S/Valu. Why cant Tesco issue their own vouchers. They want the custom without any cost of advertising. Its a very mean way of doing it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

leck wrote: »
    Did you ask them if they would take the coupon? I was curious if anyone used the Lidl coupon in Aldi or vice versa.

Nah. They weren't taking the coupon. She found it funny though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As a little aside and not wanting to drag this OT I was in an Aldi store last year and got speaking to a manager about a little problem I had. Anyhow in the course of the conversation I asked was it true that Aldi and Lidl were owned by 2 brothers who had fallen out.......this story has been doing the rounds for years now.

He told me that there was absolutely no connection between the owners of the respective stores.

However he did state that where the story probably originated was that Aldi is owned by 2 brothers and when they set about opening stores here in Ireland they had a a bit of a disagreement regarding the selling of cigarettes. One brother was in favour of it and the other totally opposed to it so what happened was that one brother now has full charge of the stores in Ireland where the old weed is not sold and the other looks after the stores in the UK where they do sell fags.

How much of that is true I have no idea but as I said it came from a store manager.

Anyhow, I thought I would share the above story and apologies for taking this off topic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

muffler wrote: »
    As a little aside and not wanting to drag this OT I was in an Aldi store last year and got speaking to a manager about a little problem I had. Anyhow in the course of the conversation I asked was it true that Aldi and Lidl were owned by 2 brothers who had fallen out.......this story has been doing the rounds for years now.

He told me that there was absolutely no connection between the owners of the respective stores.

However he did state that where the story probably originated was that Aldi is owned by 2 brothers and when they set about opening stores here in Ireland they had a a bit of a disagreement regarding the selling of cigarettes. One brother was in favour of it and the other totally opposed to it so what happened was that one brother now has full charge of the stores in Ireland where the old weed is not sold and the other looks after the stores in the UK where they do sell fags.

How much of that is true I have no idea but as I said it came from a store manager.

Anyhow, I thought I would share the above story and apologies for taking this off topic. :)

Think that story may have it's roots in the Puma/Adidas German brothers story. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adidas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,147 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

muffler wrote: »

Aldi stands for Albrecht Discount.

The Albrecht brothers started the company.

Yes, there was a dispute, over selling cigarettes.

That's why you now have Aldi Nord and Aldi Sud.

Advertisement