Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco to 'honour' Dunnes/Supervalu money off vouchers

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Does anyone know what exclusions Tesco has with this promotion?
    Is it valid on gift cards, clothing etc?
    Query is in the context of a money off coupon

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Why don't you ring them and let us know ?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

This promotion is available now in ALL Tesco stores (except Tesco Express).

Saw the signage in my local store today but no sign of any leaflets with T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

longshot i'm guessing but does anyone know if tesco will
    take the aldi voucher from the sunday indo which was ten
    off a fifty spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

mailburner wrote: »
    longshot i'm guessing but does anyone know if tesco will
    take the aldi voucher from the sunday indo which was ten
    off a fifty spend?

Mine was accepted today. I asked a manager on the way in just to save hassle later at the checkout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

Tried this in Maynooth a few weeks back, didn't work, the chap said they were told they couldn't do it anymore. He agreed it was thick after they announced it, funnily I haven't been back to Tesco since

Mine was accepted today. I asked a manager on the way in just to save hassle later at the checkout

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 43 joney

My aldi indo voucher also accepted today

My Aldi Sindo voucher was also accepted this evening. They now have leaflets at the tills with the following:

"We are happy to accept ANY Spend & Save coupons from Dunnes Stores, Superquinn, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

amazing how they can accept competitors vouchers now. It shows the desperation they have to keep customers that are deserting them in droves to go to aldi and lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

snubbleste wrote: »
    Does anyone know what exclusions Tesco has with this promotion?
    Is it valid on gift cards, clothing etc?
    Query is in the context of a money off coupon

anyone find out the answer to this after?
    because with all the €10 vouchers appearing in tomorrow and sundays papers for aldi and lidl, if Tesco included giftcard's in this offer it'd be a very handy way to get an elec picnic ticket.

deadly...didnt know there was more coming

mine was accepted wed in tesco
    it go me 16 frys turkish delights for 10.40 so free
    thanks to this

I hope they do.
    My plan is to buy the
    Indo newspaper €1.90
    e40 call credit €40.00
    Miscellaneous €8.11

Rip out the coupon and give it to them.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    anyone find out the answer to this after?
    because with all the €10 vouchers appearing in tomorrow and sundays papers for aldi and lidl, if Tesco included giftcard's in this offer it'd be a very handy way to get an elec picnic ticket.

It's not made clear anywhere but I would say more than likely you should be fine. I'd imagine the only exclusions are what they're legally prohibited from including (medicines, infant formula milk, lottery tickets etc), fuel and their own gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Tesco always was and still is a rip off. I avoid if at all possible, although sometimes there's a need.

I do most of my shopping between lidl and Aldi and the remaining few bits via Tesco online or the odd trip to dunnes.

Saves me a chunk of cash and time every month.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I hope they do.
    My plan is to buy the
    Indo newspaper €1.90
    e40 call credit €40.00
    Miscellaneous €8.11

Rip out the coupon and give it to them.

The plan worked..except the paper is €2.30

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Will rather spend my 10€ Aldi voucher in Aldi. I did a full shop in Aldi last time, adding a few 'fancy items' (the ones you pick up on a whim after crossing every must by items off your list), and still the grand total came to 53€. The last time I spent 53€ in Tesco, I had far less items in my trolley

Aldi have yumyum Easter eggs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Will rather spend my 10€ Aldi voucher in Aldi. I did a full shop in Aldi last time, adding a few 'fancy items' (the ones you pick up on a whim after crossing every must by items off your list), and still the grand total came to 53€. The last time I spent 53€ in Tesco, I had far less items in my trolley

Aldi have yumyum Easter eggs now.

Yep, they're way cheaper.
    The whole price match from tesco is complete bollocks too, they match on a few branded items that Aldi and Lidl have, but the vast majority of what Alsi and Lidl have is their own brand and not available in Tesco. Taking people for stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Just for pig iron could I use the €10 Aldi voucher when buying 2 x €25 Tesco Mobile top-up vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

kn wrote: »
    Just for pig iron could I use the €10 Aldi voucher when buying 2 x €25 Tesco Mobile top-up vouchers?

seems to - read three posts above you :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

a voucher for lidl, one for aldi and an aldi voucher for tesco this week

dunnes can go fcuk off this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

mailburner wrote: »
    deadly...didnt know there was more coming

mine was accepted wed in tesco ur
    it go me 16 frys turkish delights for 10.40 so free
    thanks to this
    How were they free? Presumably you spent 10.40 on the Turkish Delight plus 39.60 on other items in order to use the 10/50 coupon.

leck wrote: »
    How were they free? Presumably you spent 10.40 on the Turkish Delight plus 39.60 on other items in order to use the 10/50 coupon.

spent over 60
    you could say I got a tenner off my shopping
    I prefer to say i got 16 turkish delights for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

sweetie wrote: »
    seems to - read three posts above you :rolleyes:

Just had a look at the voucher and the only exclusion is baby formula so if Tesco are 'honouring' them it must include mobile top-ups/gift cards/itunes etc!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

kn wrote: »
    Just had a look at the voucher and the only exclusion is baby formula so if Tesco are 'honouring' them it must include mobile top-ups/gift cards/itunes etc!

There's other things they can't legally accept vouchers for; which Aldi doens't sell and hence wouldn't mention.

However, they seem quite willing to take them for anything legal even if its going to cost them huge amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

MYOB wrote: »
    However, they seem quite willing to take them for anything legal even if its going to cost them huge amounts.
    This is reactionary and, I think, out of character for Tesco. They're obviously staring into the abyss and don't like what they see. It's a good chance for customers to turn the tables and exploit Tesco, for a change.

I imagine Tesco's expansion into small/medium town Ireland has been a disaster for them since customers discovered that, not only were Aldi and Lidl cheaper than them but, often, Supervalu and Centra were too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Supervalu and Centra were too.

Now that should be a worry to Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Lissavane wrote: »
    This is reactionary and, I think, out of character for Tesco. They're obviously staring into the abyss and don't like what they see. It's a good chance for customers to turn the tables and exploit Tesco, for a change.

I imagine Tesco's expansion into small/medium town Ireland has been a disaster for them since customers discovered that, not only were Aldi and Lidl cheaper than them but, often, Supervalu and Centra were too.

It was the old 'Treasure Island' quote from a Tesco C level exec that turned me off them a few years back. That and their British coloured branding.
    But I will give them credit for their efforts in promoting the Irish language which are at least promising! So I'll reward them as they do more.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

This could kill off the chance of any store coming out with vouchers again.

Why would a retailer bother to plan and pay for a voucher campaign when the others will accept them. And they will all follow suit for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This could kill off the chance of any store coming out with vouchers again.

Why would a retailer bother to plan and pay for a voucher campaign when the others will accept them. And they will all follow suit for sure.

Considering we've just had repeated vouchers by Aldi whilst this was going on it appears they really don't mind. And no, I doubt the others will do it as they aren't suffering badly from customers finally seeing through the smokescreen over high prices like Tesco is.

Accepting these is a desperate act, no more.

Advertisement