Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

70kg 2 x 2 hang clean. Sweeeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Haven't done box jumps in almost two years. Was warming up with some bodyweight stuff and somebody had the mats stacked so I have it a go. According to my log, my previous best time was 37.5" for reps (drop jump too). Just kept adding to the stack and surprised myself a lot. Topped out at 42" Box jump. Maybe more in the tank too.

I had a look around google there for any info to put this into perspective. And this was the first link it through up. :D
    http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/box_jump_numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Mellor wrote: »
    Haven't done box jumps in almost two years. Was warming up with some bodyweight stuff and somebody had the mats stacked so I have it a go. According to my log, my previous best time was 37.5" for reps (drop jump too). Just kept adding to the stack and surprised myself a lot. Topped out at 42" Box jump. Maybe more in the tank too.

I had a look around google there for any info to put this into perspective. And this was the first link it through up. :D
    http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/box_jump_numbers

Technique definitely plays a part. I started box jumps a few weeks ago. 44" would be a comfortable jump for me now. My max is 45.25". Have attempted 46.25" the last 3 weeks but keep bottling it. You wouldn't believe how much that extra inch fcuks with your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The interim goal is 45". I think I could went higher, but one more 1" mat higher and it could be too much

Know what you mean. There's more there but it's doubt in the head and if you don't comitt to the jump your more then likely gona hurt yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think 42" is a very good place to start tbh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Squat 180kg 2x2
    Bench 110kg 2x2

Felt good to do relatively heavy doubles again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Not exercise related but I just signed myself up for a Genetics and Health issues course! I'm really excited but also ****ting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Picked up a mystery shin/ankle (side-shin?) injury over the weekend. No idea what it is. Boo.
    Taking that into account, I did a solid 30mins of Kelly Starrett-inspired mobility work. Also 3x12 neutral grip chins which is a PB.

This was supposed to be followed by watching United win, although that part didn't turn out so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,580 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Maybe. But I'll keep building up the triples and see how I get on. I'm in no rush.

Well, today I actually was in a rush.

So I pulled 180. Had thought it would take until June to get there.

IN YOUR FACE, CALENDAR!

• Advertisement

Well, today I actually was in a rush.

So I pulled 180. Had thought it would take until June to get there.

IN YOUR FACE, CALENDAR!

Told you, well done.

Told you, well done.

Reckoned it was there but I hadn't intended chasing singles. But I was actually in a hurry so it ended up that way.

Well, that and the 1st rep at 175 was rubbish and took too much so I went for a single at 180, which came up more easily.

Reckoned it was there but I hadn't intended chasing singles. But I was actually in a hurry so it ended up that way.

Well, that and the 1st rep at 175 was rubbish and took too much so I went for a single at 180, which came up more easily.

Fair enough man, next stop 200kg!

Fair enough man, next stop 200kg!

That's the ultimate DL goal for 2014...hadn't actually set a June goal, per se, but knew i'd need to be at 180 by then to have a shot at 200.

Still plenty to work on but good to be improving nonetheless.

That's the ultimate DL goal for 2014...hadn't actually set a June goal, per se, but knew i'd need to be at 180 by then to have a shot at 200.

Still plenty to work on but good to be improving nonetheless.

Easy going for June at the rate you're progressing!

30kg overhead squat for reps tonight with a pause in the bottom. Progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

15 neutral-grip chins, up from 10 a few weeks ago when I got my pull-up bar. I waited about 15 minutes and then went back and just about managed another 15.

20 is the next goal, it doesn't seem so far off now. BW is somewhere in the 76-80kg region; I don't check it often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

8x3 70kg front squats atg. My mobility is poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Good day yesterday,
    72.5kg snatch balance (+2.5)
    62kg snatch (+1), 7kg off BW,
    80kg power clean + push jerk (+2.5)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Haven't had any pb's in a while due to a tricep/shoulder injury. Over the past week I have achieved the following

130kg flat bench
    100kg incline bench (always weak compared to flat but working on it)
    185kg conventional deadlift
    140kg plate loaded row for 10 reps x3
    190kg rack pull 5x3

all were done at 84kg

This week I might test my sumo deadlift, decline bench, Db press and squat to see where they are at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Some more PRs

85kg front squat x 3
    160kg deadlift x 2

Bodyweight is 82.5kg so happy to be front squatting over bodyweight, only started front squatting 7-8 weeks ago at the start of this program. Love the depth :pac:

So close to double bodyweight DL, been chasing that for ages. I'm testing Saturday. I'll get it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Tested my decline bench last night

8 weeks ago when I tested it I think I got 5-6 reps @ 100kg, 1-3 reps @ 110kg

Last night @ 84kg

12 reps @ 100kg (pb)
    10 reps @ 110kg (pb)
    7 reps @ 120kg (pb)
    4 reps @ 130kg (pb)

Didn't try my 1 rep max but I would say it would be 140-145kg. Deadlifting tonight, lets see can I get any pb's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Trained.

Believe me. That was an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

3rd Cycle of 5/3/1
    so far so gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

papu wrote: »
    3rd Cycle of 5/3/1
    so far so gains.

Does it not take 3 cycles to catch up on your actual 1RM since the program is based on 90% of it at first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

• 75kg power clean x 3
    • 70kg clean x3
    • 60kg clean and jerk x 3

That's the results of the last set of each exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Squat 190kg 2x2

No idea what I'll end up doing at IDFPA Nationals in two weeks. There's a very slim chance of a comp PR.

Double BW deadlift X 3 dead stop with double overhand grip. Grip improving nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Not posted here in a while but I'm in a sharing mood.

Since getting strong is secondary to my goal of losing fat and I'm operating on a deficit 95% of the time (even on gym days), I'll put a little update on the primary goal. I'm 5 months watching what I eat and doing some training, though I've only get serious about training since mid-February.

Today I've an 80 day log streak on MFP (good and bad). I've lost 16.7kg, averaging 1.87lb per week over 20 weeks. I am the lightest and fittest (though still not very fit :pac:) I've been in 8 years. I've had several plateaus, one or two increases, one or two biggish drops, eased off commitment once or twice, had some "fat" days (isn't every day a "fat" day for me? :D) and had some days I questioned what I've been playing at. It doesn't matter really though because I actually see changes now - I'm down a clothes size, I've had to add holes to belts, some of my jeans make me look like a gangsta wannabe and I'm having to pull out old, long forgotten clothes that haven't fit in years so I don't look homeless. I'm going skiing next week, and if the rate of loss keeps up I might be able to skydive before the year is out, something that's been a pipe dream for 15 years because of my bulk.

Moving on to gym stuff two or 3 weeks ago I figured out I could do an unweighted walking lunge, I was elated. I broke my femur in 2003 and spent six months on the mend. I've not been able to do a lunge since then - I have struggled with glute, quad and hamstring weakness and balance issues in that leg and will do for the rest of my days. But I'll have a 20kg empty bar split squat soon.

I still have some issues squatting but I believe they're more practice related than biomechanical issues. I broke my 50kg plateau from about six weeks ago and do 60kg a the minute. I'm hesistant to put on more weight until I'm confident I won't end up in snap city. I can't wait to hit 70, 80, 90, 100. By then I'll have dropped even more weight so maybe a bodyweight squat will be possible before I hit my 30s.
    ...Pulled 100kg last night for reps, though I had to grip over/under - felt awesome. Going to hang out at 100kg until I can 5x5 it and keep an eye on my form.

^-- I had **** form :o Apparently it's much better now, so I'm much more sore/happier. Still not going to push beyond the 100 though, need more deadlifting technique practice.

These might not mean much to some of the more seasoned people in here, but they mean a lot to somebody who was on a one-way ticket to heartattackville by 40 only 5 months ago.

TL:DR - F*ck yeah, achievements - I has them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

5kg dumbell lifts ........maxed out on six reps each arm........................... 3 sets

jumping jacks by 15 ....................... 4 sets

3 press ups................ 5 sets

30 sec shower.................... and dried the whole body including bag with hair dryer while pavel with large belly the weighlifter drank his protein drink

Advertisement