Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The CIMA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Anyone got a copy of E2 text for sale

3 weeks to the exams, how is every ones studying going or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Geraldo

kilburn wrote: »
    3 weeks to the exams, how is every ones studying going or not?

Very slowly so far to be honest. Hopefully be alright though on the night. Good luck to everyone anyway!

Best of luck to everyone over the next 3 days !

Ha - I don't miss those days. Good luck to all - remember to read the question fully.

I guess I am getting on a bit as I don't know anyone doing exams this week.

Time to start thinking of something new to do for the new year training wise.

• Advertisement

E1 was ok today anyway. I was still writing in the last few minutes anyway so that's usually a good sign.
    Fingers crossed for the next 2 now!!

E2 was a bit tricky but ok. The questions were very vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

P2 today....it was almost too easy....such a shock....nowhere near as hard as I expected it to be....

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

statss wrote: »
    P2 today....it was almost too easy....such a shock....nowhere near as hard as I expected it to be....

I know - I thought the same thing. No limiting factors, linear programming - the usual "tough" questions.

Here's hoping we didn't miss a trick :):)

I know - I thought the same thing. No limiting factors, linear programming - the usual "tough" questions.

Here's hoping we didn't miss a trick :):)

glad I'm not alone thinking that....only weird question was Q4, but there should be a few marks going for talking about spreadsheets....the others, well, I can't see myself failing any of them, got something down for every part of every question....fingers crossed anyway...

F2 tommorow, then, DONE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭sky2424

Hi all

I'm thinking of signing up to CIMA and starting off with home study for 1 or 2 of the operational papers.

Does anyone have any idea if the textbooks/material change much year on year?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

I think since 2010 the books have been the same each year so you could get them second hand. E1 is a good one to start with as its all theory and you could combine with F1 which is mostly calculations etc. The books are ok for theory but with F1 or P1 you might need to do a revision course or an online course etc.

Good luck to all getting results this week!

Hate this long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

not long to go now though. Tuesday right?

Results are in!

F1 and F2 out of the way thank god. Best of luck to all y'all!

Hi everyone

Passed F1 - delighted and relieved! Hope everyone getting results is happy.

Does anyone have any experience of a good F2 lecturer in Dublin? Dont mind what college/provider, just wondering who the best (in your experience) lecturer is.

Thanks

Passed F2 & P2 thank God.

I'd recommend Gery Fahy in DBS for F2.

statss wrote: »
    Passed F2 & P2 thank God.

I'd recommend Gery Fahy in DBS for F2.

Same as - had him for F1 and F2. Excellent lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Meursault

Passed F2, thank God. Have to resit P2 in Feb. does anyone have any advice on online revision courses for the resits?

well done to all that passed

• Advertisement

Meursault, not online but I did P2 with Michael Barry in Independent Colleges. I thought his notes were excellent. He did a revision weekend as part of it, if they are doing something similar for the resits I'd recommend it.

btw selling my F2 books if anyone's interested

http://www.adverts.ie/school-college-books/cima-f2-kaplan-study-text-exam-kit-revision-cards/4591859

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Meursault

Thanks Statss,

Michael Barry is based in Dublin, it seems. I am based in Cork. It is very difficult to find anyone providing tuition for CIMA in Cork.

Anyway, thanks for the help

cheers

M.

Might go with DBS so for F2.

regarding E2 - do you think a weekend revision course along with self-study is sufficient?
    Anyone have any good recommendations for E2 lecturers in Dublin?

Also have E1 & P1 (texts, study notes from First Intuition and Independent Colleges) for sale if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭grange mac

To all of you that did not pass this time, stick with it. I know what it feels like but you will get there in the end & it is worth it.

I know of a chap who used to run cima courses in cork . I done topcima with him & he was a big reason in me getting it.

If any of ye looking for his details, drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rusty Rothar

Might go with DBS so for F2.

regarding E2 - do you think a weekend revision course along with self-study is sufficient?
    Anyone have any good recommendations for E2 lecturers in Dublin?

Also have E1 & P1 (texts, study notes from First Intuition and Independent Colleges) for sale if anyone is interested.

I'd recommend Gerry in DBS also, did F1 and F2 last term and found him really good.

I'm also looking at doing E2 self study this term. Anyone have any recommendations on whether its achievable or it there's a good home study web site anyone has used before?

I'd recommend Gerry in DBS also, did F1 and F2 last term and found him really good.

I'm also looking at doing E2 self study this term. Anyone have any recommendations on whether its achievable or it there's a good home study web site anyone has used before?

I'm going the same route as yourself so I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ceriousone

Does anyone have any views on the best college/lecturers for strategic level in Dublin?

Griffith dont seem to be offering CIMA at all anymore so that leaves:
    • Independent Colleges
    • DBS
    • First Intuition

First Intuition are operating out of the same building that BPP used in Ladd Lane. But other than that I know nothing about them. Has anyone any experience with them for Operational or Management level?

DBS seems to be the most popular choice in general for CIMA in Dublin but Im not sure if it is the best in every subject. I didnt have a great experience with them in E1 & E2.

Good luck to all sitting exams this week!

What are people thoughts on the new exam format in the 2015 syllabus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

kilburn wrote: »
    What are people thoughts on the new exam format in the 2015 syllabus?

Not sure to be honest.
    I am just about to start the professional level (first exam in May), so I wasn't sure how to approach it.
    On first glance it looks like the exams might be a bit easier, but you'd have 3 case studies instead of 1. The exams will probably be closer to what is currently happening in the certificate level.
    I guess we won't know for sure until we see specific examples on how the exam will look and the new books of course.
    According to Kaplan, the new books will be available som time between September and November.
    And CIMA said (I think on their website) that around June they will have examples of the new exam format.

Advertisement