Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

PlayStation + is a great service.

Now that's over with. I have wondered will its success be a problem for Sony.

With so many free games isn't it most likely that the Sony audience will not be willing to pay extra subs for Playstation Now and other premium Sony services on PS3/PS4/Vita.

I'd be interested to see what effect does free "recent" games have on new game sales.

For example the gamer that says "ahhhh, I'll just wait until it comes out on PSN+ for free" instead of buying a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

With so many free games isn't it most likely that the Sony audience will not be willing to pay extra subs for Playstation Now and other premium Sony services on PS3/PS4/Vita.

I'd be interested to see what effect does free "recent" games have on new game sales.

For example the gamer that says "ahhhh, I'll just wait until it comes out on PSN+ for free" instead of buying a new game.

I think you'll find it doesn't have too much of an impact on the games market for sony. People who want a game now will buy it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Who ever said that most likely is a personal. Who would not have bought that game in the first place.
    Those who will want particular game will just buy it.

Don't forget the other positive effect ps+ have: people try out games, which are outside their comfort zone. It's a dlc Sale or sequel sale sale after.
    I stayed away from Dragons dogma, I gave it a shot and now I am going to buy Dragons Dogma 2.
    I am one of those people who were very annoyed by new Devil may cry remake. I am a fan of old Dante. I got Dmc for free on ps+, gave it a shot and I am loving it. I will buy next Ninja Theory Dmc game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I can't see it being a issue, if people want the game in the first place they will go out and buy it when it is released. For the majority of people it is " ooohh Metro Last Light is on PS+, always meant to get around to playing that", then they go out and buy the DLC and are more hyped for the developers next release if they enjoy it, in a way the service may actually boost game sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I would have only bought Metro last Light second had, probably, so maybe this in some way goes towards helping to stop Gamestop and the likes making so much from second hand games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

That is the same as the gamer who says I will wait and pick it up in 6 months for cheap or people who says they will wait and pick it up on a steam sale. People still buy games when they are released eventhough they know they can get them up for cheaper later.

I have actually bought DLC for games I picked up on PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

292370.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You should show that image to the guy who got Netflix started.

The level of stupidity on here astounds me sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Spend 50 euro on a steam sale and you will get a ton of great games and they are yours to keep forever.

Someone hasn't read the Steam terms and conditions...

• Advertisement

If going by the thread title, we were to compare the difference between what you get for your €50 euro per year on PSN for 1, 2 or 3 systems as opposed to your €60 on XBox Live for one... well... ya know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

The idea of renting vs, owning is mute imo....if your PS+ sub lapses the games you have on your DL list dont disappear, if you sub again in the future they are all still there!

Even the notion of "owning" games through GWG is not real, its digital....its not like you can trade them in for 3 quid in gamestop (yup....i took another swipe at them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I honestly dont know how anyone can try diss Plus, I only got it cause I needed it for the PS4 and well after looking back over the games Ive missed out on, I regret not getting it years ago. But with it being needed for PS4 online you will need it anyways so losing them when your subscription shouldnt really happen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Grayditch wrote: »
    If going by the thread title, we were to compare the difference between what you get for your €50 euro per year on PSN for 1, 2 or 3 systems as opposed to your €60 on XBox Live for one... well... ya know...

Xbox live doesn't cover one system. It covers two. I know that lessens the impact of your statement a little bit but the truth tends to do that.

Plus is much better value than Live. You don't need to embellish....it stands on its own.

Kirby wrote: »
    It covers two. I know that lessens the impact of your statement a little bit but the truth tends to do that.

What a snotty remark. A simple mistake, it does of course cover two. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well one might say snotty, I would say honest and informed.

It gets tiresome when people try to points score in this "console war :rolleyes:" by just making stuff up. "This console has 2835 times the power and is 7,000 euro cheaper!" and so on. Live covering both the 360 and XBone is common knowledge.

Yeah, I think I know what way you intended to deliver the remark, but sure that's grand.

No intent on any lies, just a brain fart forgetful moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

It also does not cost 60 for the year. Anyone paying 60 does not deserve too complain because of their own stupidity

But ps plus does .... This back and forth gets really boring . I agree too disagree with all of you :D

I haven't subscribed to Xbox Live in a couple of years, is the rrp not still €59.99? If it isn't then grand. Fair play to them for dropping it down.

EDIT: Just had a look on Xbox there and it's 60, so I'm going by the RRP on both. I'm sure both can be gotten for cheaper, but if they're the same price, or whatever, grand. Chalk it down to more propaganda on my part :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    It also does not cost 60 for the year. Anyone paying 60 does not deserve too complain because of their own stupidity

But ps plus does .... This back and forth gets really boring . I agree too disagree with all of you :D

PS+ costs €50 last I saw. Got 15 month membership for €30 in smyths last march or February. Think they're both the same price tbh with offers in between.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PS+ has always been 50 Euro per year, but you can get it for lower with discounts and deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

it was more snooty then snotty ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Just got my playstation 4 a few days back. Fifa was the only game I got and its a big improvment I must say it looks and feels so much better.

My free psn trial is over. Where do I buy the 50 euro yearly psn subscription from gamestop is it? I take it I get a code is it?

Also what games would you recommend?
    What is call of duty like online?

Is tomb raider any good? I have never owned a tomb raider before do they carry on from previous ones or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Assassins creed black flag is great. Get tomb raider too. AFAIK you don't need to have played the rest to get into them.

COD is COD tbh. Same old, same old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Also what games would you recommend?
    I keep hearing good things about assassin's creed 4.
    Is tomb raider any good? I have never owned a tomb raider before do they carry on from previous ones or anything?
    It's a reboot, no need to play other games.

Do you need to have played previous assassins creed as I have some how managed to get to 2014 without playing an assasins creed mostly due to my previous xbox ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Actually, I have paid €33 for my xbox live sub for the last 4 years. Only MS charge the full €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Do you need to have played previous assassins creed as I have some how managed to get to 2014 without playing an assasins creed mostly due to my previous xbox ownership.
    I'd suggest it. They were all available on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Actually, I have paid €33 for my xbox live sub for the last 4 years. Only MS charge the full €60.

The only time I paid €50 for live was the first time I got the xbox 360. Been paying between €30-€35 since then, and with all the day trials and 2 week trials I get with games I end up with a longer membership.

Almost Titanfall time :cool:

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'd suggest it. They were all available on Xbox.

I thought it was a playstation exclusive how wrong I was big fail by me.

Im gonna give tomb raider a go when I get paid again.

When is watch dogs set for release here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement