Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Bluestreak and Smokescreen finally arrived yesterday. :)

Finally a prototype of wheeljack

http://tformers.com/transformers-mp-20-wheeljack-prototype/22194/news.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Now we've seen the proto, I'm more excited about Wheeljack than i thought i'd be.......

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Now we've seen the proto, I'm more excited about Wheeljack than i thought i'd be.......

I am definitely looking forward to Wheeljack now. All the blacked out artwork silhouettes was making me wary of buying it. I guess next month we'll start seeing something about Bumblebee. I can't wait until we start seeing something about Ultra Magnus Perfect edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Wheeljack looks great so far. Really happy with the masterpieces of late. Just wondering if they're getting the old designer back to redo Megatron as we're getting Autobot overkill at the mo with no Decepticons apart from Soundwave and Acid storm.

DBK wrote: »
    Wheeljack looks great so far. Really happy with the masterpieces of late. Just wondering if they're getting the old designer back to redo Megatron as we're getting Autobot overkill at the mo with no Decepticons apart from Soundwave and Acid storm.

The original designer will be back for MP-23 and up.

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The original designer will be back for MP-23 and up.

After Magnus? Hmm....so lets see Megatron, Galvatron, seekers, reflector and Shockwave...that should even the odds :)

After Magnus? Hmm....so lets see Megatron, Galvatron, seekers, reflector and Shockwave...that should even the odds :)

Yep, after Ultra Magnus Perfect edition. He's supposed to come out in Aug so I doubt we'll get all of those guys in before this year is out. This year could end up being repaint heavy to ease the transition. I wouldn't mind if we get Clampdown and Deepcover to finish the Sideswipe mold.

If you believe the old narrative, 'the good guys' sell better in Japan than 'the bad guys'.

....i always rooted for the Decepticons though.

If you believe the old narrative, 'the good guys' sell better in Japan than 'the bad guys'.

....i always rooted for the Decepticons though.

I think the Good Guys generally sell better everywhere.

Pity. I just want a complete G1 collection :-P pre headmaster

• Advertisement

Pity. I just want a complete G1 collection :-P pre headmaster

I hope Takara has enough sense not to defile the MP line with Headmasters or any other ______Master lines. That was when TF had completely jumped the shark.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think the Good Guys generally sell better everywhere.

I'm happy to keep the Autobots rolling out (terrible pun). To be honest, I'm not sure what else they can do on the Decepticon side of things? Id be interested in an accurate redesign of Megatron and the Insecticons (will never happen) but that's about it tbh.

As for autobots? Sooo many.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm happy to keep the Autobots rolling out (terrible pun). To be honest, I'm not sure what else they can do on the Decepticon side of things? Id be interested in an accurate redesign of Megatron and the Insecticons (will never happen) but that's about it tbh.

As for autobots? Sooo many.

It's apparently come closer than you might think.

I hope Takara has enough sense not to defile the MP line with Headmasters or any other ______Master lines. That was when TF had completely jumped the shark.

...errrm y'know Star Saber is a Brainmaster.:)

And i don't know if the actual mechanism from the orignal Brainmaster toys will be carried over to a Masterpiece, but if it was, i would be pretty darn happy about it.

I think the Insecticons would be the weirdest masterpieces ever. I'd buy them though.Cause in the G1 line for decepticons, we have hardly any figures apart from seeker repaints. Galvatron, Cyclonus, scourge, insects, triple changers, Shockwave. Nothing you could get a repaint out of but all would be awesome.

...errrm y'know Star Saber is a Brainmaster.:)

And i don't know if the actual mechanism from the orignal Brainmaster toys will be carried over to a Masterpiece, but if it was, i would be pretty darn happy about it.

Yes. I know. :( That was one thing I hated about Victory. the gimmick overload.

Yes. I know. :( That was one thing I hated about Victory. the gimmick overload.

and (imo) the Victory line just isn't that great.

But if anyone wants to pay $2k for a Monstructor repaint/retool, i'm not going to stop them.

and (imo) the Victory line just isn't that great.

But if anyone wants to pay $2k for a Monstructor repaint/retool, i'm not going to stop them.

I think the only decent one in the line was Galaxy Shuttle. Maybe because he was a regular bot. Not an AssMaster and had combine with somebody. The multiple gimmicks for the characters really hurt the toys.

on a side note. It looks like Wheeljack and Bumblebee are delayed [and because of that Magnus will be as well] Here's the email I just received from BBTS:
    Hello John,

It seems that the MP-20 was pushed to August and the MP-21 looks to be around the 2nd Quarter of 2014 but may be pushed back as well. As for the MP-22 UM Perfect we do not know at this time. Please continue to watch our website for updates on those items.

Have a great day!

I'm going to hazard a guess then that WJ will be out in Aug, BB around Oct and UM around Dec for Christmas. I can't see MP-21 coming out before MP-20. Looks like this will be a repaint, reissue heavy year with G-2 SS next month, Soundblaster in March and a release of MP-8 Grimlock on tap.

I think the only decent one in the line was Galaxy Shuttle. Maybe because he was a regular bot. Not an AssMaster and had combine with somebody. The multiple gimmicks for the characters really hurt the toys.

tut-tut. I think you can make your point more effectively without using words such as one in bold. :)

Wheeljack is Aug 23rd, IIRC. Hey, that's only 7 months :(

• Advertisement

tut-tut. I think you can make your point more effectively without using words such as one in bold. :)

Sorry. I was just making a tongue in cheek joke about all the _____Master lines.

Wheeljack is Aug 23rd, IIRC. Hey, that's only 7 months :(

Yeah. I wonder if they'll offer anything after Soundblaster comes out in March.

Yeah. I wonder if they'll offer anything after Soundblaster comes out in March.

They'll troll the fandom with a Wingthing and Enemy two pack, and no single release of Ratbat.

Ever.

Bleh, i'd still buy Soundblaster if he came with no tapes at all.

Pics of the back of Wheeljack's alt mode doing the rounds. Hand gun turns into a pretty convincing looking rear exhaust.

Yup, anticipation ramping up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hey Guys, Just started collecting these and i was wondering. if you where to order them based not on price, release date or your favorites, but on how hard they are to get, which order would you put them in from most difficult to source to easiest. I can see myself buying a lot of them and i want to get the more difficult ones to find first , before they become even harder to get.

I think the two single most difficult to get items right now are MP08X and an MP9 that doesn't have issues of some sort or other....even the second run had a few and TT pushed that as the 'fixed' version.

After that, nothing is that rare, imo. Almost Every Takara one gets re-released at least once, and Hasbro Masterpiece prices, where there's a Hasbro version and TT version are usually below the TT one on the secondary market,.

A picture of the prototype with the other Autobots

http://tformers.com/transformers-masterpiece-mp-20-wheeljack/22363/news.html

[Every time I try to post a pic it doesn't work so I just gave up and post the link instead]

Looks like BBTS is getting an exclusive version of Bluestreak.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11799&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=

The page itself says its an exclusive repaint of Bluestreak. Looks like I wasn't far off from Blue Bluestreak. I joked about a toy accurate Smokescreen but if this turns out to be Blue Bluestreak I won't be surprised if a toy accurate Smokescreen happens [even if its a BBTS exclusive as well].

Colour pictures of Scoria doing the rounds.

Bye bye 200 euro.

• Advertisement

Colour pictures of Scoria doing the rounds.

Bye bye 200 euro.

Yeah he does look good. Along with the Swoop homage. Has anyone here bought 3rd Party TFs? I was thinking of getting these Dinobot homages to go with MP-Grimlock and I wanted the 3rd Party Defensor homage set that is coming out this year.

Advertisement