Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Should I bother with this on the PC or wait until I get myself a PS3 in a couple of months?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

crybaby wrote: »
    Should I bother with this on the PC or wait until I get myself a PS3 in a couple of months?

pc
    pc
    pc
    pc
    pc
    pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

McGrath5 wrote: »
    This game is tough :(

I am in the New Londo ruins trying to get into the church, which is infested with ghosts, having an awful time trying to kill them.

Does anybody know if I can collect more transient curses to help me kill the ghosts?

With covetous gold serpent ring on the ghosts will drops a steady supply of transient curses for you. And like others said you can buy a few from a merchant near the burg.

You don't need to go fully into the church. Snipe at the guy up top with a bow and you'll get what you need when he dies.

krudler wrote: »
    Made mincemeat of the Four Kings with my +14 Balder sword and high dex, just kept running around each one and two hand attacking, gotta love when you demolish one and are stood there waiting for the next one to arrive.

Next time try for only 3 Kings. While each one in the death animation you can continue to do damage to the overall, allowing you to get ahead in the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Best thing to do with that room is go in and wait until all the ghosts appear then quickly get back out, the ghosts should follow you onto the bridge where they should come at you head on rather than surrounding you. Still a tough fight with so many of them but it definitely makes it easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Harps wrote: »
    Did that myself the other day, Power Within and a +15 Iaito with lightning buff, destroyed them in seconds and was left waiting for ages for the next to turn up. I've always just tanked them in the past so satisfying to destroy them like that

Yeah on my first playthrough I wore Havel's armour, used either power within or great magic weapon and just battered them with a Zweihander. Have all light armour,mostly robes with this dex build so couldnt take many hits, still mangled them though gotta love that dex scaling.

I'm at the Sanctuary Garden now, ugh the guardian is pretty tough without decent armour, lots of rolling and trying to get in a stab when I can. Artorius is gonna be fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Yeah on my first playthrough I wore Havel's armour, used either power within or great magic weapon and just battered them with a Zweihander. Have all light armour,mostly robes with this dex build so couldnt take many hits, still mangled them though gotta love that dex scaling.

I'm at the Sanctuary Garden now, ugh the guardian is pretty tough without decent armour, lots of rolling and trying to get in a stab when I can. Artorius is gonna be fun..

I find you definitely need something with high poise for the Kings. Also a +15 Zweihander buffed with Darkmoon Blade makes total mincemeat of them:)

For the Sanctuary Guardian I would recommend that you use a +5 Silver Knight shield and the Thunder Stoneplate ring. That thing can be an utter B@STARD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Might be a long shot but anyway

Need help in the depths fighting that big dragon thing
    im lvl 26 and at the bonfire area

XBOX 360
    :) HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! CAUSE SOLAIRE IS USELESS!!!

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

XBOX 360

If you have humanity hang around the bonfire in human form and you might see a few summon signs, human players are usualy handier than npcs although some are equally as useless, I always found Solair did ok in that fight though. If you've no humanity just farm the rats near the bonfire.

If you want cut off the dragon's tail, you get a huge axe but you need crazy high strenght to use it.

• Advertisement

I find you definitely need something with high poise for the Kings. Also a +15 Zweihander buffed with Darkmoon Blade makes total mincemeat of them:)

For the Sanctuary Guardian I would recommend that you use a +5 Silver Knight shield and the Thunder Stoneplate ring. That thing can be an utter B@STARD!

Got him eventually, fire resin on my balder sword did the job, at Artorius now, can get him to about 3/4 health then he goes nuts and demolishes me, this will take a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

XBOX 360

My Dark Souls buddy Th0rsHammer0311 is online playing DS now. He might help u, tell him DARK SUN PETER sent you :) Hopefully he'll have a build that can help.

Christ, Artorias is kicking my ass in this, if he's swinging his sword does it matter which way I roll? I tend to roll into attacks mostly for other enemies and avoid them, depends on the enemy though. I mostly let him come to me just lock on and keep circling and dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Christ, Artorias is kicking my ass in this, if he's swinging his sword does it matter which way I roll? I tend to roll into attacks mostly for other enemies and avoid them, depends on the enemy though. I mostly let him come to me just lock on and keep circling and dodge
    Better off rolling left I found then 1 hit and out...try not to be greedy...can take up alot of time though...and many deaths of course as he can 1 shot you near the end

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

spent an hour at manus last night and still no joy...he's a bad mofo

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

GK1001 wrote: »
    spent an hour at manus last night and still no joy...he's a bad mofo

Just keep dodging, hit him when he's open, and for goodness sake don't get greedy.

GK1001 wrote: »
    Better off rolling left I found then 1 hit and out...try not to be greedy...can take up alot of time though...and many deaths of course as he can 1 shot you near the end

I try to keep him turning to my left, rolling with the swipes and away from the straight thrust attacks. if he's too far away I just watch for that triple rolling attack or him charging up. I'm not even gonna think about Manus lol

For Artorias just be patient and keep an eye on his patterns. I'm sure you've already learned not to attack after he does the flip attack twice in a row :D

OdgeXD wrote: »
    For Artorias just be patient and keep an eye on his patterns. I'm sure you've already learned not to attack after he does the flip attack twice in a row :D

Sigh, indeed. It's a great fight though you're kept on your toes the whole way through. I was reading some of the lore stuff and it was mentioned that Artorias was left handed, his left hand is the broken one, so not only is he fighting you with one arm, it's his bad arm. What a freakin' badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

noodler wrote: »

Ill be getting it at the end of the month.

• Advertisement

Sigh, indeed. It's a great fight though you're kept on your toes the whole way through. I was reading some of the lore stuff and it was mentioned that Artorias was left handed, his left hand is the broken one, so not only is he fighting you with one arm, it's his bad arm. What a freakin' badass.

Not sure how accurate that is because I'm sure he would have used his left arm for his shield.

Once I got into the lore he turned out to be such a complex character, it's the same with the whole game. You have no idea what your true objective is and are guided to it by two snakes with conflicting agendas. It's obvious Artorias was a great knight, he went to stop the spread of the Abyss along with Sif. I think good and evil in the game are entirely subjective.

What makes you think you're the good guy?

Just for the record, I ****ing love Artorias. Everything about his character is just so interesting.

Just because:

Yesss, and Artorias is down, let myself get summoned a few times so could watch his patterns (and help out obviously), took bloody ages

Yesss, and Artorias is down, let myself get summoned a few times so could watch his patterns (and help out obviously), took bloody ages

Good work. That scream doe :(

Ha brilliant, I got summoned twice by the same guy to fight Artorias. First time he got one shotted and killed so I got kicked home, then the second time I got one shotted from getting greedy when Artorias was down to 1-2 hits of damage, saw the summoner kill him as I was getting the "returning to your own world" message. Gotta love when jolly cooperation pays off. It's worth the fight for 25k souls each time.

Not sure how accurate that is because I'm sure he would have used his left arm for his shield.

Once I got into the lore he turned out to be such a complex character, it's the same with the whole game. You have no idea what your true objective is and are guided to it by two snakes with conflicting agendas. It's obvious Artorias was a great knight, he went to stop the spread of the Abyss along with Sif. I think good and evil in the game are entirely subjective.

What makes you think you're the good guy?

Just for the record, I ****ing love Artorias. Everything about his character is just so interesting.

Indeed, the whole lore of the game is brilliantly done, especially the knights and their motivations.

That pvp arena thing in Oolacile is a bit odd, it's fairly late into the game to be introducing something like that?

So Manus then, sound lad, bit handsy though

XBOX 360

Send a friend invite to Astro Lube 2K. I've a few characters around there, one should be able to help.

Just stay at range from him. Wait for him to slam down, then wait some more. He'll charge forward with only slight veering off course. run around behind him, get a few hits off and repeat. Real trick to stay well away until he drops down and does his charge move.

The original game artwork showed him before he entered the abyss, both arms fine, and the sword in his left hand. So that's the reasoning behind him behind left handed. Make of it what you will. I'm inclined to go with he's using his sword in his offhand and is all the more badass for it.

Bloody Manus :mad: can't get the dodge timing down at all

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Bloody Manus :mad: can't get the dodge timing down at all

i wish there was a boss fight option once you'd finished the game, so you could just hop into any boss fight and give it a bash arena style

well I dont as it'd take something away from the journey and the experience but it would be kinda cool, cos I want to fight manus now but Im not really in the humour for the 8 hours work i have to do to get there.

Advertisement