Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

OdgeXD wrote: »
    I've always legged it over the bridge, isn't that the way you're supposed to do it?:P

The one with the dragon? yeah just let it to the stairs midway to avoid the fire and either go down to the bonfire shortcut or to undead parish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Right that's it, I'm finishing this, this week. Got distracted by the last of us, GTA V and then Ps4.
    BUT NO MORE! I lit the bonfire in tomb of the giants and there I left it. Not too much left to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

weiland79 wrote: »
    Right that's it, I'm finishing this, this week. Got distracted by the last of us, GTA V and then Ps4.
    BUT NO MORE! I lit the bonfire in tomb of the giants and there I left it. Not too much left to do!

have you the other 3 bosses for the lord vessal done ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    have you the other 3 bosses for the lord vessal done ?

Hmm you'll have to remind me which.ones they are

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Seath, Bed of Chaos, Four Kings.

If not, you still have a long way to go.

• Advertisement

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Seath, Bed of Chaos, Four Kings.

If not, you still have a long way to go.

All toast!
    Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

The Dark Souls cafe finally opened in Japan:

http://wccftech.com/dark-souls-cafe-watch-peek-pictures/

Right so I want to become a Darkwraith, I havent spoken to Frampt yet but have the lordvessel, now I'm a bit stuck, I can't activate the dlc without talking to Frampt to open the gate to the Duke's Archives and get the thingy from the blue Golem (or can I?) and I don't want to kill Sif but without the ring I can't fight the Four Kings, is it one or the other?

i dont think you talk to framp, he should be gone, so place the lord vessel away , and invade to your hearts content :D

ah misunderstood, i think one or the other, you need the ring for the abyss in order to be a dark wraith, so unfortunatly have to murder sif before the DLC

2smiggy wrote: »
    i dont think you talk to framp, he should be gone, so place the lord vessel away , and invade to your hearts content :D

ah misunderstood, i think one or the other, you need the ring for the abyss in order to be a dark wraith, so unfortunatly have to murder sif before the DLC

Bah, right so to become a darkwraith I kill sif, fight the four kings and the other thing I talk to is in the abyss right?

• Advertisement

Yeah exactly, don't talk to Frampt at all though or you're screwed

krudler wrote: »
    Bah, right so to become a darkwraith I kill sif, fight the four kings and the other thing I talk to is in the abyss right?
    you talk to frampts brother (or at least i think he is his brother !!) in the abyss after the 4 kings

its fun invading , but try to get to about 125 level with the correct setup, like only have perhaps vitality , endurance and either strength or dexterity leveled up to 40 or so. other wise you just end up against people that are built for certain weapons who are really tough to beat. you can also just invade random areas to annoy people rather than the berg or the forest.

i am thinking about starting a new build just for PvP as all mine have been all over the place really and it has just from watching the likes of twitch over the christmas that you see the builds these lads use

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Is there any way to see who summoned you after you have returned to your original world?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Icaras wrote: »
    Is there any way to see who summoned you after you have returned to your original world?

In GFWL check the Players option I think, it will tell you who you last interacted with.

Right so I want to become a Darkwraith, I havent spoken to Frampt yet but have the lordvessel, now I'm a bit stuck, I can't activate the dlc without talking to Frampt to open the gate to the Duke's Archives and get the thingy from the blue Golem (or can I?) and I don't want to kill Sif but without the ring I can't fight the Four Kings, is it one or the other?

Basically that's it, the Ring of Artorias is a quest item so it can't be dropped by others either. Although there is a way of going around being able to become a Darkwraith and also complete the game with Frampt (but not Kaathe). I think once you join the Darkwraith Covenant, Kaathe brings you down to the Firelink alter. What you do here is use a homeward bone and then go to Frampt and then let him bring you down to the Firelink alter and place it there.

So you will be a Darkwraith but have the goodness of of feeding stuff to Frampt, which is better IMO. The only thing is that you cannot rank up in the covenant after this so make sure to bring at least 30 humanity and feeding them to Kaathe to get the Red Eye Orb and Dark Armor/Sword when you do join. Also If you leave the covenant during the playthrough you cannot re-join as placing the Lord Vessel with Frampt makes Kaathe disappearing for the rest of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Basically that's it, the Ring of Artorias is a quest item so it can't be dropped by others either. Although there is a way of going around being able to become a Darkwraith and also complete the game with Frampt (but not Kaathe). I think once you join the Darkwraith Covenant, Kaathe brings you down to the Firelink alter. What you do here is use a homeward bone and then go to Frampt and then let him bring you down to the Firelink alter and place it there.

So you will be a Darkwraith but have the goodness of of feeding stuff to Frampt, which is better IMO. The only thing is that you cannot rank up in the covenant after this so make sure to bring at least 30 humanity and feeding them to Kaathe to get the Red Eye Orb and Dark Armor/Sword when you do join. Also If you leave the covenant during the playthrough you cannot re-join as placing the Lord Vessel with Frampt makes Kaathe disappearing for the rest of the game.

Can you join the Darkwraiths before going to the altar? I've only gone to Kaathe once but pretty sure I had to place the lordvessel then go back to him before I could join.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

So you will be a Darkwraith but have the goodness of of feeding stuff to Frampt, which is better IMO.

The souls you can get from murdering other players, more than makes up for the meagre amount you get from feeding Frampt. And it's WAY more fun murdering other players :p

Harps wrote: »
    Can you join the Darkwraiths before going to the altar? I've only gone to Kaathe once but pretty sure I had to place the lordvessel then go back to him before I could join.

Well you have to join the covenant with Kaathe before going to the Alter anyway. Actually, I remember now. What you do is:
    - Defeat Four Kings
    - Talk to Kaathe
    - Join Covenant
    - Feed 30 Humanity for Orb and Armor/Sword
    - Use bonfire at Kaathe to go to Firelink Shrine. If not possible use homeward bone.
    - Talk to Frampt and allow him to Warp you to the Alter and place Lord Vessal then.

I'm not 100% sure on the second last one but the main thing is that you do not place the Lord Vessal with Kaathe.
    The souls you can get from murdering other players, more than makes up for the meagre amount you get from feeding Frampt. And it's WAY more fun murdering other players :p

You get souls for killing people and the ability to drain humanity while also having Frampt for the playthrough, you get the best of both worlds! The only downside is you cannot leave the Covenant or Level up Further because Kaathe is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭McGrath5

This game is tough :(

I am in the New Londo ruins trying to get into the church, which is infested with ghosts, having an awful time trying to kill them.

Does anybody know if I can collect more transient curses to help me kill the ghosts?

McGrath5 wrote: »

I am in the New Londo ruins trying to get into the church, which is infested with ghosts, having an awful time trying to kill them.

Does anybody know if I can collect more transient curses to help me kill the ghosts?

how far into the game are you ?
    you might be going in a bit early

you can buy off the female merchant in the undead berg, then the ghosts drop them, enough to get you through it ( unless u die :pac: )
    they also drop the jagged ghost blade , which can kill em in normal form, and you could farm a few then as it might be tough to get through with just that weapon.
    another option is get cursed by the frogs :pac::pac::pac: i would not advise that one thou

• Advertisement

The ghosts drop them sometimes and if you've unlocked the gate in the tunnel just up from Firelink shrine with the rat in it there's a merchant way down the other end who sells them for 4000 souls. If you're early on in the game then best leave New Londo, it's only necessary much later in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Beat Kalameet last night in the DLC. Tried to solo him but was too tough and ended up summoning 1 helper. Did it on our 2nd attempt. So I got the Obsidian Greatsword which looks like it does a ton of damage and STR requirement is quite low. I have a dex build with only 16 STR. Is it worth upping that to 20 to use the Obsidian? Currently using the BSS+15.

Also was at the township afterwards and got kicked out of a bonfire to be invaded. Didn't think you could be invaded while resting? The fvcker had that sorcery with the 5 homing missiles and destroyed me. I went back for some more 2 more times to see if I could take him out but he maimed me a couple more times...baxtard

should also mention I went down to Manus 3 times after...hits landed = zero

I love the Obsidian Greatsword. Probably my favourite weapon so I would say yeah it's worth being able to wield :P

Manus is relentless. Great fight

The Undead Female Merchant in Undead Burg sells 4 Transient Curses per Playthrough.

If you make it to Ingward in the New Londo Ruins church roof he can sell you more indefinitely.

Only other way to get more is either find them around New Londo or they can be dropped by the Ghosts so make sure you have the Gold Covetous Ring equipped and some Soft Humanity to increase your Item discovery. So essentially if you use one Transient Curse and have high item discovery rate, you could get a few more back by farming them from the ghosts.

GK1001 wrote: »
    I have a dex build with only 16 STR. Is it worth upping that to 20 to use the Obsidian? Currently using the BSS+15.
    s

If you have high Dex I wouldn't bother unless you have the stat points to spare. a BSS+15 with a Resin would be more useful considering your stats.

That being said, the Obsidian Greatsword is suprisingly quick to wield and doesn't keep thudding the ground when you swing it. It would be on par like the Claymore in terms of Speed & Mobility than say the Zweihander. It's 2 handed Strong Attack is good for the masses. If I remember correctly you can also use Resin on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watching a Lets Play of this and even though I find American LP commentators very annoying, the one I was watching was really entertaining. I might have to pick this up if I see it going cheap. Looks better than Demons Souls, in the LP video anyway.

Made mincemeat of the Four Kings with my +14 Balder sword and high dex, just kept running around each one and two hand attacking, gotta love when you demolish one and are stood there waiting for the next one to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

If you have high Dex I wouldn't bother unless you have the stat points to spare. a BSS+15 with a Resin would be more useful considering your stats.

That being said, the Obsidian Greatsword is suprisingly quick to wield and doesn't keep thudding the ground when you swing it. It would be on par like the Claymore in terms of Speed & Mobility than say the Zweihander. It's 2 handed Strong Attack is good for the masses. If I remember correctly you can also use Resin on it.

I was careful with this build so I prob can spare the pts. At lvl 83 now with 40 dex and 32 in both end and vit, brought str up to 16 for the uchi but aside from that I don't think I put anything else into the others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I have mainly hybrid builds myself. My level 120 is Quality/Faith and my Level 85 is Dex/Faith. Only my level 55 is a single discipline build (sorceror). My level 205 was my first build and he's just a total mess with resistance at 45 :D I must make myself a decent dex only build and bring him to lvl 40. I'll then make a strength build and cap him off at 100.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Made mincemeat of the Four Kings with my +14 Balder sword and high dex, just kept running around each one and two hand attacking, gotta love when you demolish one and are stood there waiting for the next one to arrive.

Did that myself the other day, Power Within and a +15 Iaito with lightning buff, destroyed them in seconds and was left waiting for ages for the next to turn up. I've always just tanked them in the past so satisfying to destroy them like that

Advertisement