Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

rasper wrote: »
    Im also with sky and in fairness to them, ive absolutly no doubts id be a lot more frustrated if it was someone else, couldnt fault them second to none, and an irish call centre too.
    Rang them to let them know on comreg complaint afterwards and was against eircom , and the agent agreed best route
    have used regulator's before and they really are only ones that eircom will listen too, so lads few mins , test your speed im supposedly on a 19mb package
    and average about 3mb, if its crap pop in your complaint, we pay eircom through the nose to maintain those lines

Aye well its the 25 a month that's getting us fibre broadband and tv. Would be worse if they were completely neglecting the network!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

Thanks for providing the comreg complaints link , as I thought this was a very localised issue not the exchange, have submitted my complaint to comreg and I urge everyone else to do the same , only takes 5 mins,
    The regulators are the only ones that can get results , can only imagine the hundreds of people spending hours on the phone , unplugging rebooting before finally giving up as Eircom want you to so

can someone post up the link please.
    currently running at just under 2mb @ 9.45 this evening and ready to insert xbox controller through the television screen:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Sully wrote: »
    Aye well its the 25 a month that's getting us fibre broadband and tv. Would be worse if they were completely neglecting the network!

?????
    Is this sarcasm , I get average 3 mb sometimes trails along at .25 mb after being upgraded to a 19mb package , I live.500 metres from the exchange , never mind fibre or tv all I want is a steady 7mb which I had for past 8 years not Eircom bs

daaave wrote: »
    can someone post up the link please.
    currently running at just under 2mb @ 9.45 this evening and ready to insert xbox controller through the television screen:mad:

Comreg complaints link was in first page but here it is

http://www.askcomreg.ie/about_us/form.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Posted this in the Broadband forum too!!

From Yesterday (18/12/2013)

Yet again the speeds are appalling for the last few days!

With UTV and have never really had any issues with them but the speeds last night and this morning are shocking!

This morning

Ping: 3123ms
    DL: 0.75mbps
    UL: 0.15 mBps

Last Night
    20:30 Ping: 1999 DL: 0.58 UL: 0.22
    23:12 Ping: 2961 DL: 0..36 UL: 0.12
    23:30 Ping: 2821 DL: 1.15 UL: 0.25
    00:15 Ping 3148 DL: 0.67 UL: 0.19

And customer care takes an age to answer at 1890 prices!!

• Advertisement

Utv cam do Feck all for ya , only usual trouble shooting , its with the exchange ,
    Get the complaint rolling with comreg

7mb this morning on a 19mb package , will average out at about 2 later on , all because there is no options in tramore , roll on
    4g , have heard there is no dzfinite date on fibre for tramore as they will only move on urgent markets first so not goin to happen feb 14

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

6mb out of a possible 9mb at 15:20 today. Agree with you rasper,come later on it'll drop something terrible.

The xbox one does a detailed network test and my latency was measured at over 500ms. No attempting online play with that.

1.29Mb now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

2.69mb for me. Haven't really been testing it.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3178014632

• Advertisement

73ms
    7.5 dl
    .75 ul

Right now when no one is using at all in tramore , this is what i had evenly throughout the day before the outage , I'd day 95% of people don't realise there's a problem and if they do , who wants to go through trouble shooting for hours and then listen to lies and worse for Eircom to tell someone the problem is internal so pay an electrician to check the wiring first

Everyone pls Test and do the 5 min comreg complaint form

have heard there is no dzfinite date on fibre for tramore as they will only move on urgent markets first so not goin to happen feb 14

Well I have seen dates being pushed alright but never this close. I can't see them ignoring. Tramore! Plus there is now a fibre cabinet just installed at Marion Terrace. The fibre lines were installed a number of months ago. That's a strong indication!

83ms

And Gary Walsh said in first post the rollout was for Feb 14, and if no options in tramore why invest to fish in a barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I am in Tramore, with Eircom on the cheapest broadband (whatever that is :-)) and on the Ookla test as above (20.00 today) I got Ping 54, DL 6.44 and UL 0.42. This doesn't mean a great deal to me, but might be of relevance to the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

3181844029.png

That's on the fabled 25mb package.

It was much better when everyone was out on the 12 pubs lol

Got a call from sky, comreg have been to them , have told all the sky agents that their customer service is excellent and would reccommend to anyone, so if some have launched complaints against a few ISPs which point the problem where it is eircom
    In ireland the quieter u r the less u get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

On the internet now in the parents house in Tramore and websites were barely loading so I did a speed check and only got 1.84Mbps when it has for the last few years always been up around 8Mbps.

My father said he got broadband problems around a couple of months ago, and he was told by Vodafone that it was a problem with his modem so he was told to get a new one (which he did). He was also even having problems with his land line, couldn't receive or make calls for a few weeks.

Surely all affected customers should be refunded in some way by their respective providers (funded by Eircom). Is this affecting only people in certain areas or is it widespread across the town?

On the internet now in the parents house in Tramore and websites were barely loading so I did a speed check and only got 1.84Mbps when it has for the last few years always been up around 8Mbps.

My father said he got broadband problems around a couple of months ago, and he was told by Vodafone that it was a problem with his modem so he was told to get a new one (which he did). He was also even having problems with his land line, couldn't receive or make calls for a few weeks.

Surely all affected customers should be refunded in some way by their respective providers (funded by Eircom). Is this affecting only people in certain areas or is it widespread across the town?

I thought origihally it would have very localised , ie just my street, as according to engineers there is no problem but everyonehere has the exact same problem , l live very near the exchange 500m

I thought origihally it would have very localised , ie just my street, as according to engineers there is no problem but everyonehere has the exact same problem , l live very near the exchange 500m

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Am in Tramore for the first time in about 2 months. I'm using the relation's BB with Eircom. Getting speeds of 0.31 download and 0.14 upload with ping of 51. What the hell is going on?

faceman wrote: »
    Am in Tramore for the first time in about 2 months. I'm using the relation's BB with Eircom. Getting speeds of 0.31 download and 0.14 upload with ping of 51. What the hell is going on?

Same as everyone here , the more complaints comreg get the quicker the problem will be sorted with the exchange

Well feck me pink! My speeds are 'through the roof' this Christmas morning. In comparison to earlier speeds.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3186724761

I'm assuming Santa put a pit of 'speed juice' on my line or something. But still, 8mb - I think we have had higher than that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Network is completely down for me at the moment. :mad:

faceman wrote: »
    Network is completely down for me at the moment. :mad:

Eircom have said there are issues in Waterford (and other areas) due to a lightening strike and crews are working today and tomorrow to restore services.

Eircom have said there are issues in Waterford (and other areas) due to a lightening strike and crews are working today and tomorrow to restore services.

It's back now. Things have improved since yesterday. I'm getting 0.4mb download speeds instead of 0.3!

Speeds increased yet again in mid afternoon test.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3186987892

Definitely indicates a problem if I wasn't even getting half of that before. Will be interesting to see over the Christmas period and into the early New Year at various stages what it will be like. Want to collect a good range of speed tests before I make a report, assuming it remains low.

Speeds increased yet again in mid afternoon test.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3186987892

Definitely indicates a problem if I wasn't even getting half of that before. Will be interesting to see over the Christmas operiod and into the early New Year at various stages what it will be like. Want to collect a good range of speed tests before I make a report, assuming it remains low.

Why bother , no one to going to ask or care about your tests , the fault is known and acknowledged, sheer numbers of a 3 min complaint will get the exchange sorted , this has gone on for six months already

Why bother , no one to going to ask or care about your tests , the fault is known and acknowledged, sheer numbers of a 3 min complaint will get the exchange sorted , this has gone on for six months already

Because ill be asked to prove I have problems before I can submit a fault report with eircom and until they fail to address it, I can't make any complaint to comreg.

• Advertisement

Back to reality today. Much slower.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3188752922

Advertisement