Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ordered this on Amazon, picked the Prepare To Die edition (that doesn't sound ominous at all....) over the Limited Edition.

Been watching a few video reviews and can't wait to get stuck into it.

prepare to die edition comes with dlc
    TBH the limited edition is not limited at all:pac: should not be called that

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

krudler wrote: »
    I usually have the Cloranthy ring or grass crest shield to recharge my stamina quickly, kept my armour light and dodged as much as I could. It is fun tanking up and just wading into things with iron flesh or power within though. Should spent more time human and gotten into more pvp scrapes but ah well, more reason to play it again. Are the enemies much tougher on NG+? or do they just do more damage? or both lol it being Dark Souls it's probably both

Yep, more health and damage(some say more aggressive but that's unconfirmed). You'll notice that things hit a lot harder but by the time you reach the Gargoyles you'll be used to it.
    OdgeXD wrote: »
    I have probably 300+ hours on DkS and I have never found this ring D:

It's in the centre of the top of The Great Hollow. Look down from the branch just after the bonfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I have probably 300+ hours on DkS and I have never found this ring D:

It's in the great hollow if I remember right, dead handy makes your stamina recharge really quickly

edti: beaten to it.

And now to watch ALL the lore videos. There's a black friday sale on psn this weekend so hopefully the DLC goes on sale, if it does then happy days, back to Lordran, how does the dlc work, is it a chapter or an area?

I can't wait to play through the boss fights again, especially just for this, epic music, epic fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

The dlc is like an extra chapter with a couple of different areas and has, imo, the 3 best bosses in the whole game.

My personal favourite track and boss :D

• Advertisement

^ It's his ring you get from Sif right to fight the Four Kings?

Yup, and it plays a big part in his incredible lore

watched a few lore videos there, I feel bad for killing some of the bosses now, especially Pinwheel

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jesus, it's mad how you can totally miss almost the entirety of the lore of the game. I knew none of this.
    Pinwheel
    Necromancer who stole the Right of Kindling and fled to the Catacombs.
    Pinwheel has three faces: Father, Child, and Mother. Pinwheel was once a man who lost his son and wife. He attempted to bring them back through necromancy, but ended up fusing their bodies with his. When Pinwheel clones himself, it is actually his attempt at unfusing the three bodies.
    Throughout the Pinwheel boss fight, the masks can be heard whispering in the background of the music. What the Mother and Child say is difficult to make out. The Mother chants something along the lines of, "We will never die," which refers to how the player will always obtain one of the Family Masks. It is believed that the Child chants, "Help me." Although it is difficult to hear the Mother and Child, it is easy to hear what the Father says. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

was mentioned in the weekly deals thread over on xbox but maybe worth mentioning here, Dark Souls is 75% off next monday only so should only be about a 5er

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Jesus, it's mad how you can totally miss almost the entirety of the lore of the game. I knew none of this.

I feel bad for Ornstein now too, Smough not so much though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No, sorry...that's where i draw the line. I can't feel sorry for those assholes :mad:

Kiith wrote: »
    No, sorry...that's where i draw the line. I can't feel sorry for those assholes :mad:

Ornstein was a badass knight though. poor Sif too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ornstein was a badass knight though. poor Sif too :(

Really didnt wanna kill Sif :(

Ornstein was just doing his duty.

Once you get into the Sif and Artorias lore..that sucks :(

Ornstein was just doing his duty.

Once you get into the Sif and Artorias lore..that sucks :(

And he was still alive when Smough takes his power if you beat him first, the little details like that make the lore even better.

I wonder will any of the lore carry over into DS2 or will it be completely new.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

And now to watch ALL the lore videos. There's a black friday sale on psn this weekend so hopefully the DLC goes on sale, if it does then happy days, back to Lordran, how does the dlc work, is it a chapter or an area?

I can't wait to play through the boss fights again, especially just for this, epic music, epic fight.

It's a whole new area;) and as with everything Souls, it's pretty tricky to get to. What did you think of Gwyn's music theme? You should watch his lore video then have a listen to it again. It really suits him. But I'm slightly biased towards piano so there's that.

This thread has me starting over again. Might finally go for a platinum trophy or do another SL1 run, not sure yet D:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what's a sl1 run, sl1 the whole way through only upgrading weapons/armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

what's a sl1 run, sl1 the whole way through only upgrading weapons/armour?

Yep.

I'v done a SL2 run but planning on recording a SL1 Co-Op run soon.

Some bosses were grand, Artorias was hard as nails though.

• Advertisement

Yeah exactly, you can get extremely powerful without levelling up at all only doing weapons and pyromancy and the majority of the game isn't too difficult. Four Kings is a nightmare though, aswell as any really aggressive bosses.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    It's a whole new area;) and as with everything Souls, it's pretty tricky to get to. What did you think of Gwyn's music theme? You should watch his lore video then have a listen to it again. It really suits him. But I'm slightly biased towards piano so there's that.

That was cool yeah, there wasn't much build to the the final boss tbh, just walk in the door and there he is, legging towards you. The game in general doesn't really make it clear if killing Gwyn is a good or bad thing, which is the point I suppose, I walked out the door. Kiln of the First Flame is a cool area though, I shoulda farmed those knights more before I fought Gwyn they were dropping titanite like no tomorrow.

If I got the dlc would it be NG+ if I go there in that save? I really don't fancy fighting Artorias in extra hard mode lol

If you've killed Gwyn then yeah it will be, and you'll need to place the lordvessel again before you can access the dlc

If you've killed Gwyn then yeah it will be, and you'll need to place the lordvessel again before you can access the dlc

Aw what, crap lol wish I'd known that before I fought him. But at least it's a reason to get to O&S all the sooner. Knowing how to get both bells rang early doesn't seem so daunting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Knowing how to get both bells rang early doesn't seem so daunting now.

The last run I made I got both bells rung in under 4 hours and I'm not the most skillful of players. Having the
    master key as you gift
    makes a huge difference. It's probably just a bit of grinding until you can beat O&S after that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If he DLC is discounted on Monday I'll be left with the decision of whether to do it on NG++ or start again from scratch.

penev10 wrote: »
    The last run I made I got both bells rung in under 4 hours and I'm not the most skillful of players. Having the
    master key as you gift
    makes a huge difference. It's probably just a bit of grinding until you can beat O&S after that.

Getting to the gargoyles is easy enough, if you take the Valley of Drakes route to Darkroot garden then up the tower to the Taurus Demon and across to Undead Parish you can skip a pile of stuff, running like a girl the whole way lol

What console does everyone play om?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ps3!

Definitely gunna pick up the DLC after reading this thread, I'll have it to play over xmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm on X-Box. Will be getting the DLC if it goes on discount, but probably won't play it for a while. Have Demon's Souls waiting on my brother's PS3 so will be playing that to "relax" over the christmas.

Advertisement