Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thanks a mill guys, great to have the download feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just bought one of those android mini TV things, it's got 4.2.2 on it, none of the usual vpns seems to work, anyone got any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I wanted to start learning German so i downloaded Duolingo I must admit its a pretty good app. Im learning a lot from it and my German is improving. You can swap between German, French, Spanish and Italian at any time if you get bored of one language.

Basketball Shoot just a random little game that keeps me occupied when im bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Duolingo is way too strict on spelling, penalise you a couple of points alright but dont just declare something wrong because of a missed capital letter or missing dots over a letter, they should highlight where you made the mistake instead and made it so it could recognise when you were close and give you a "Did you mean..?" option.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Duolingo is way too strict on spelling, penalise you a couple of points alright but dont just declare something wrong because of a missed capital letter or missing dots over a letter, they should highlight where you made the mistake instead and made it so it could recognise when you were close and give you a "Did you mean..?" option.

But mine does do that. It give me the did you mean option, it doesnt take any points or lives away from me because i didnt put the accent on it. It highlights where i go wrong aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hmmm, mine definitely doesnt do it which is why I got pissed off and went back to Rosetta Stone on the laptop for my German, maybe a recent update? Language lessons with a tutor is the only way to go anyway besides living in the target country, an app is only ever going to be supplemental.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Its pretty good for free though!

Thargor wrote: »
    Hmmm, mine definitely doesnt do it which is why I got pissed off and went back to Rosetta Stone on the laptop for my German, maybe a recent update? Language lessons with a tutor is the only way to go anyway besides living in the target country, an app is only ever going to be supplemental.

Possibly, i only downloaded it last night and its giving me corrections and everything. I totally agree with you, a tutor/living there would be ideal, for now its a good way to learn the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭corkie

threein99 wrote: »
    Just bought one of those android mini TV things, it's got 4.2.2 on it, none of the usual vpns seems to work, anyone got any suggestions?

What broadband network are you on? If it's O2 you need to change your APN to open.internet.public through your devices profile settings.

Can you connect to a VPN using another computer?

Sometimes you just have to keep trying to connect, it can take a good few times. I use the VPN through the default android (4.3) settings option on my nexus 7.

Regards
    John

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

corkie wrote: »
    What broadband network are you on? If it's O2 you need to change your APN to open.internet.public through your devices profile settings.

Can you connect to a VPN using another computer?

Sometimes you just have to keep trying to connect, it can take a good few times. I use the VPN through the default android (4.3) settings option on my nexus 7.

Regards
    John

I'm on Eircom, I just wanted an american VPN for the american netflix but changing the DNS does the same thing. Thanks for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Updated BBC iPlayer app and Media Player linked below.

Link

Getting a error that the files can't be opened, what am I missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Did you download and unzip? If so try again, they should be working.

I tried it a few times but nothing downloaded.

jgbyr wrote: »
    I tried it a few times but nothing downloaded.

Use the link on your laptop,you should be able to download them.Transfer them across to your phone.Use Astro file manager to locate the 2 apk files and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I recently downloaded Buzz Launcher.

Words cannot express just how brilliant this app is for the serial Home Screen swappers.

Simply install the App, make a quick account (if you want) and then browse hundreds of themes and apply them in seconds.
    I've gone through dozens in a few days.

My Colour Screen are apparently working on one like this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Did you download and unzip? If so try again, they should be working.

Yep call me silly that I didn't think of that. All good and working.

Thanks!

I took them out of the zip file and uploaded them seperately.

BBC iPlayer

BBC Media Player[/

Thanks that worked. What vpn would you recommend to watch content?

I took them out of the zip file and uploaded them seperately.

BBC iPlayer

BBC Media Player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭corkie

A google search will throw up a few uk based vpn's.

I use bestukvpn

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Sonics2k wrote: »

Words cannot express just how brilliant this app is for the serial Home Screen swappers.

Simply install the App, make a quick account (if you want) and then browse hundreds of themes and apply them in seconds.

Had a look at that a couple of months back. Interesting, but I found some of the nicer themes needed other apps, like widget apps, to work, and they weren't always cheap. If you could download a nice "finished product" to use it'd be great, but I thought it involved a bit too much effort and sometimes more cost than it was worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Vpn one click app on the play store works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Sonics2k wrote: »

That's 2 hours of my life gone, nice app but the permissions are bizarre!

Is there any app that allows you manage the app permissions? Tried to install that now defunct lb guard app, sent my phone into a boot loop!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

That's 2 hours of my life gone, nice app but the permissions are bizarre!

Well it does customise a lot more, so guess that's what they are there for.

It's good though. Fantastic themes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

OT posts deleted. Please keep on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

seligehgit wrote: »
    Is there any app that allows you manage the app permissions? Tried to install that now defunct lb guard app, sent my phone into a boot loop!

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

S4 is not compatible!

• Advertisement

S4 is not compatible!

There's another version in the Google Play store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement