Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Got 9 today in Galway! Although I always seem to get a few in Galway, I notice I rarely meet someone from outside Galway/Mayo. Today was different, though, and I got another county (Clare) and two new US states (Virginia and Massachusetts). Nabbed five new pink pieces too so a few more days like this and I may actually finish some of the new puzzles!

@Damo: But those updates keep this thread alive! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got a few foreign passes this past few weeks in Dublin too! Sweden, Spain, Japan (she had EVERY puzzle piece) and a few American states. Been getting about 4/5 a day in town now. I think a lot of people must have bought 3ds for animal crossing because it's much more than usual, and my happy homes academy is almost full :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think I got streetpassed by BB King : Woke up this morning, had me a streetpass.

3DS + burglar = creepy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I was reading that there is a worldmap icon in the mii plaza where you can see regions/countries your mii's are from. I dont seem to have it in mine, does anyone have it ?

syboit wrote: »
    I was reading that there is a worldmap icon in the mii plaza where you can see regions/countries your mii's are from. I dont seem to have it in mine, does anyone have it ?

You can only access it if your console is set to a region which has a map. As Ireland doesn't have a map you won't have this feature in your plaza if your region is set to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i thought streetpass squad was finish when i cleared last level from planets but there more to do

and plus i got 5 streetpass hits today

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, the Arcade mode of Streetpass Squad is much tougher!

2 hits oop north yesterday, both mums, no puzzle pieces. You'll pay for this, Helen Mirren!

i got 5 hits and pass 1st arcade level in streetpass squad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Well I've moved country to a town of 50,000 people. Still I got 3 streetpass hits. I think I'm gonna like it here

• Advertisement

hey going new type of mii streetpass hits when there new handheld system comes out in October 12th aka nintendo 2ds

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    hey going new type of mii streetpass hits when there new handheld system comes out in October 12th aka nintendo 2ds
    Is that a nintendo fact, or do you just mean that the lack of a hinge makes the 2DS a trickier prospect for carrying around so street pass hits will have to come from somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Have any of you been using the street/spot pass relay thing?
    I've gotten over 100 today.

It's amazing for completing the puzzles.

I don't actually know anywhere that does the relay. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm not even sure I know what the relay is.

I presume he means the new Streetpass Relay feature where designated Nintendo Zones now store Streetpass information so you can receive a streetpass from someone who is not actually in the area while you're there, and similarly your info is stored and passed on to the next guy.

You can use MAC address spoofing and strategic renaming of your WiFi network to create your own zone and streetpass people all over the world - there are a number of boards that have lists of MACs that people use for this (I presume based on genuine Nintendo Zone access points)

Tried doing this on my laptop by tethering my phone for internet access, can't install the drivers to use the phone as a tether until after I successfully tether it - GAAAAAAAH!

Banjo wrote: »
    Tried doing this on my laptop by tethering my phone for internet access, can't install the drivers to use the phone as a tether until after I successfully tether it - GAAAAAAAH!

It's unlikely that you'd be able to change the MAC address on your phone either, which is the key to this relay spoofing.

Well, there's 2 answers to that.
    First, you can root your phone and use a program like MAC address ghost, then use the WiFi Hotspot feature on your phone (change the SSID to "_The Cloud") and you're set
    That doesn't require a laptop, but it does require your phone is rooted.

Alternatively you can tether the phone to your PC or use a direct cable connection to your home router, use Virtual Router Manager to create a router with SSID _The Cloud that uses your laptop Wifi card, and use MAC Shifter to spoof the MAC of your Wifi CArd

The 3DS only sees the MAC of the access point it connects to (your spoofed WiFi card), not any of the back-end stuff (ie your phone or router), and that defines it as a Nintendo Zone connection - it then hits the Nintendo servers, tells it what zone you're connected to, passes your Street Pass info and pulls the Street Pass data for the last guy to pass (which is why the list maintainers request that you wait 30 mins before changing to a second MAC address, give everyone else a chance!)

You can get a Nintendo Zone connection simply by changing the SSID, the MAC is only needed for the relay portion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah I tried it on my phone too, didn't work at all, couldn't change the mac even though it said it did.
    I rooted especially for it too.

Tried on my PC which has wifi and lan, was using the lan anyway so said I'd give it a go.
    Same story, couldn't get the programs to change the mac address of the wifi despite it saying it could, and I could manually do it myself in windows.
    F doing that manually though...

Tried the same on my laptop, just plain didn't work.

So I'm now using the whitebox samknows sent me with dd-wrt on it.

It's a tricky business...
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645 if you're interested.

Banjo wrote: »
    Well, there's 2 answers to that.
    First, you can root your phone and use a program like MAC address ghost, then use the WiFi Hotspot feature on your phone (change the SSID to "_The Cloud") and you're set
    That doesn't require a laptop, but it does require your phone is rooted.

I was not aware of this!!! I'll be trying it later!!! :D

• Advertisement

Back to school now (Leaving Cert, yay) and passed a guy in my year. He's dowloaded battle and Mansion too so that's cool.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, McDonald's and Starbucks in Ireland are both Nintendo Zones. I've found standing outside doesn't really work and you have to wait at least a minute for it to successfully StreetPass.

Initially I was tempted to try that spoofing thing but it just seems like cheating the games to me!

The way I look at it, Nintendo owes me 2 x 6 months worth of SP data that they took from me when they had my 3DS, so I'm happy to take the puzzle pieces that I lost and Streetpass Quest progress they stole... Once I find NIC drivers for my ancient wifi card that can support hosted networking under Windows 7 that is...

i got 10 Streetpass hits today in town and 13 countries remaining in Streetpass battle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I've got only 8 countries remaining, woop woop! :)

I think I've 7 Streetpass Battle countries left to go, on my second time through...
    My army is around 800,000

there update for streetpass today and 3 streetpass hits today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Yeah I tried it on my phone too, didn't work at all, couldn't change the mac even though it said it did.
    I rooted especially for it too.

Tried on my PC which has wifi and lan, was using the lan anyway so said I'd give it a go.
    Same story, couldn't get the programs to change the mac address of the wifi despite it saying it could, and I could manually do it myself in windows.
    F doing that manually though...

Tried the same on my laptop, just plain didn't work.

So I'm now using the whitebox samknows sent me with dd-wrt on it.

It's a tricky business...
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645 if you're interested.

Just did it there on my dd-wrt router, reckon about 5-10 mins and already have a streetpass from New york.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

72 hits from an afternoon in akihabara

I hate you and everything you love!!! :P ;)

• Advertisement

i got 3 hits and problem more tomorrow with reopening of hmv on henry street dublin

Advertisement