Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    More here:

http://listverse.com/2009/07/03/10-more-mysteries-that-remain-unsolved/

No.8 reminds me of a fire ball I saw streaking through the sky one sunny afternoon around 16:45 in Arklow, back in the summer of 2001. It was miles away and there was no noise as it came ripping trhough the sky near the horizon in the Avoca direction. I was cycling home on my bike after work. It must have been a meteorite. I checked the news that eve and asked in work the following day but no one else heard anything of it.

Might have been my cum shot? It was an angry one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The Madeline McCann case is one that still keeps popping up in the media now and again. How much is left in their campaign fund I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

Building 7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

More here:

No.8 reminds me of a fire ball I saw streaking through the sky one sunny afternoon around 16:45 in Arklow, back in the summer of 2001. It was miles away and there was no noise as it came ripping through the sky near the horizon in the Avoca direction. I was cycling home on my bike after work. It must have been a meteorite. I checked the news that eve and asked in work the following day but no one else heard anything of it.

Number 7 is obviously Cthulhu

Nation 98 wrote: »
    Building 7

Not a mystery
    http://www.debunking911.com/pull.htm

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

Building 7 was taken down by explosives imo, it is the strongest card the 9/11 conspiracy theorists have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Be jaysus thats a good one !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Building 7 was taken down by explosives imo, it is the strongest card the 9/11 conspiracy theorists have.

If that's all ye've got then ye've got **** all. There's no proof whatsoever that it was taken down by explosives and no reason to believe so (except if you're a tinfoil hatted paranoid CT nut)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Kaz ii or the "The ghost yacht".

Three very experienced sailors disappeared into thin air with everything in place even a full cup of coffee on a table meaning no freak waves or anything.
    This case is still unsolved and none of the bodies were located.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaz_II :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Great thread!

The McStay Family disappearance in USA always intrigued me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Here is a new one on me, I have known of the Maxim Machine Gun for years.
    The Gun that forced troops into the Trenches in WW1, maybe it should have a different name.

William Cantelo, a 19th Century inventor rumoured to be working on an early version of the machine-gun, left his house one day and never returned. What happened to him, asks Steve Punt.

From the cellar beneath the pub run by William Cantelo would come the sound of rapid gunfire.

Cantelo, an engineer and gun-maker, was experimenting with a new type of gun. Nobody knew what it was, but it produced shots in quick succession. It was clearly not your average rifle.

One day, Cantelo announced to his sons - also engineers - that he had perfected his new invention. It was a machine-gun, a weapon which used the energy of explosive recoil to load the next bullet. It would fire continuously until the bullets ran out. It was revolutionary.

Cantelo and his sons packed it away into cases, and Cantelo went off, presumably to sell it. He frequently travelled on sales trips, as a successful builder of - among other things - ships' capstans, and other bits of marine engineering.

William Cantelo was never seen again.

Flash-forward to November 1916.

As millions of Europe's young men were busy machine-gunning each other to death in World War I, the inventor of the weapon died, a very rich man and a knight of the realm. His invention had revolutionised warfare - the centuries-old infantry advance became useless, as it could be simply mown down.

Consequently armies retreated into trenches while the generals worked out how on earth to fight this new kind of war. The man who had brought about this murderous step-change was quietly buried in a south London cemetery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23709471

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

More here:

No.8 reminds me of a fire ball I saw streaking through the sky one sunny afternoon around 16:45 in Arklow, back in the summer of 2001. It was miles away and there was no noise as it came ripping through the sky near the horizon in the Avoca direction. I was cycling home on my bike after work. It must have been a meteorite. I checked the news that eve and asked in work the following day but no one else heard anything of it.

Dont google grinning man on google images ****ing creepy:P

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    If that's all ye've got then ye've got **** all. There's no proof whatsoever that it was taken down by explosives and no reason to believe so (except if you're a tinfoil hatted paranoid CT nut)

It wasnt even hit by a plane and it collapsed in a manner very similar to buildings that were controlled demolitions

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

It wasnt even hit by a plane and it collapsed in a manner very similar to buildings that were controlled demolitions

OMG a YouTube video is now proof that the big bad 'US Guvment' killed their own people.

Maybe take a look at the bulls#hit they (The US) are spewing.

Thank God The Americans are here or there'd be a terrorist in my back yard, terrorising my cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

the most recent unsolved mystery I read about is that of the Klerksdorp Spheres
    Klerksdorp Spheres are "out of place" artifacts, found in sedimentary rock, in a coal / diamond mine near Ottosdal, South Africa. It is believed these objects are up to 3.8 billion years old. These objects are clearly made by some sort of intelligent life. But by whom? Who knew metallurgy back then, and why make hundreds of these things?

From carbon dating, the Earth is estimated to be about 4.5 or 4.8 billion years old. The Klerksdorp Spheres are carbon-dated to 3.8 billion years. Which means, these spheres existed on Earth while it was only 1 billion years old.

* incidentally, what has always puzzled me about 9/11 is this.. what was the nationality of the plane hijackers? Egyptian

who does the US invade in retaliation for 9/11?

oh, by the way, here is a clip of Rumsfeld when he met Saddam that time he was over selling Iraq chemical weapons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

The universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

wilddarts wrote: »
    OMG a YouTube video is now proof that the big bad 'US Guvment' killed their own people.

Maybe take a look at the bulls#hit they (The US) are spewing.

Thank God The Americans are here or there'd be a terrorist in my back yard, terrorising my cat.

There was no one in WTC 7 when it fell, can you admit it was a bit odd if nothing else it suffered a complete collapse while buiding directly under the towers suffered no where near complete collapses. WTC 7 was not directly under the towers.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

niallo27 wrote: »
    There was no one in WTC 7 when it fell, can you admit it was a bit odd if nothing else it suffered a complete collapse while buiding directly under the towers suffered no where near complete collapses. WTC 7 was not directly under the towers.

I will admit it is odd how it collapsed and the circumstances around it's collapse. What makes it even more odd are the occupants of Building 7 prior to the collapse and the lack of media footage to show the supposed critical damage to the building. I would regard myself as an open minded individual and would actually like to see some evidence of possible under-handedness in such events that have world-wide repercussions.

But that video is rediculous and makes the 'Truth Movement' look even more so. Its like the Moon Landings, the more people that scrutinise 9/11, the less there are to scrutinise US Foreign Policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

There are fresh allegations that Diana was murdered emerging in the Uk btw, the source is a former soldiers family who are claiming she was targetted and killed by Uk Security forces..if someone smart can find a link, muchly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

There are fresh allegations that Diana was murdered emerging in the Uk btw, the source is a former soldiers family who are claiming she was targetted and killed by Uk Security forces..if someone smart can find a link, muchly appreciated.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/08/18/07/25/british-police-probe-new-diana-murder-claim

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

How could you orchestrate such a brutal car crash though? Trevor Rees Jones her bodyguard who survived the terrible accident described it well, the car was travelling far too fast and couldn't take the swerve in the tunnel and hit the pillar head on.

I'm always very wary of any Diana Murder mutterings considering we have a primary source witness in Rees Jones.

• Advertisement

Definitely a legendary thread, great to see it in the mix again. For anyone coming in for the first time, it is obviously a long thread but I'd highly recommend reading the first 7-10 pages. For those of you who haven't heard of the following, wikipedia 'Dyatlov Pass Incident' and prepare to be utterly confused and spooked. Also worth doing the same with 'Lake Vostok' and 'Spring-heeled Jack', they're the first that come to my mind...which is only now about right one year first after reading them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

the most recent unsolved mystery I read about is that of the Klerksdorp Spheres

* incidentally, what has always puzzled me about 9/11 is this.. what was the nationality of the plane hijackers? Egyptian

who does the US invade in retaliation for 9/11?

oh, by the way, here is a clip of Rumsfeld when he met Saddam that time he was over selling Iraq chemical weapons :)

Erm only one of the 9/11 attackers was from Egypt. There was also one Lebanese Two from the United Arab Emirates and the majority (15) were from Saudi Arabia.

How could you orchestrate such a brutal car crash though? Trevor Rees Jones her bodyguard who survived the terrible accident described it well, the car was travelling far too fast and couldn't take the swerve in the tunnel and hit the pillar head on.

I'm always very wary of any Diana Murder mutterings considering we have a primary source witness in Rees Jones.
    The car was a powerful mercedes built for high speed travvel - if you've ever driven one, 100mph feels like 50 in a more prosaic car. Rees Jones also has a military background, and presumably, a strong desire to remain alive.. and if a high power strobe is discharged into a drivers view at any speed, let alone high speed, they might as well shut their eyes for all the good their vision is - you are effectively temporarily blind. The drivers bloods were off the scale - (because someone effed up the tampering?), journalists homes were accessed to remove material, involved parties vanished and the massive delays providing medical asistance to the injured.... hmmm. Shounds dogey.. But then again, that's all just speculation by the media. I was more interested in the new evidence that has emerged in recent days. BTW, the merc was doing 60mph, hardly very fast and hardly "losing control" speed.. the new allegations are being investigated by the Metropolitan police and involve former SAS members and what role they may possibly have played..if any. BTW, a military grade strobe looks much like any other "paparazzi" flash going off, especially when it's going off from the back of a small white car that has had every component overhauled except the bodywork, in amongst a gaggle of other paparazzi. just saying like. And if you were driving that white car, you killed yourself by shooting yourself in the head and then burning your body, which is quite a legendary thing to do, really..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

who looks at the Late Late show or rose of tralee for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Jill Dando = who & why?

LordSutch wrote: »
    Jill Dando = who & why?
    Truth Unlikly to ever be made public but my own purely speculative, fantastical and imaginary version would be that there was a complicated back-story involving powerful men from politics and business, both legitimate and illegitimate and as a result of relationships gone wrong certain information was threatened to be made public via the media which would have caused severe embarrasment and invited unwanted public scrutiny and so a professional ex-military assasin was flown in from what was Serbia and she recieved a fatal gunshot wound to the head. The assasin left the country undetected, as is norm, and a patsy with a convenient history and questionable mental faculties was arrested and convicted. The assasin sadly suffered a heart attack shortly after. Like I said, purely fantasy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

bumper234 wrote: »
    Erm only one of the 9/11 attackers was from Egypt. There was also one Lebanese Two from the United Arab Emirates and the majority (15) were from Saudi Arabia.

cheers Bumper, I had forgotten that.. point was that none of them were from Iraq

cheers Bumper, I had forgotten that.. point was that none of them were from Iraq
    Hans Blix struggled a bit with the whole "finding weapons of mass destruction" thing too. That didn't get in the way of a good story either. The fact that France has the capacity to enrich infinitely more uranium than Iran does or will, won't get in the way of Iran becoming a fully paid up member of the bad lads club fairly shortly either. The convenient blind eye turned to Israeli aggressive air incursions to Iranian airspace and various software and black operations targetting the Iranians overtly and covertly is another. Israel is kicking Iran in the shins under the dinner table constantly, but if Amadinajad loses it and throws a bread roll at Israel, pistols will be whipped out and he'll get shot dead as "the aggressor". He must be holding out too strongly against western carbon interests..he'll get his so. Uppity Arabs that don't play ball on pipelines and supply contracts tend to get a bad press followed by a shot of vitamin D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Aye, what would they do without it?* ;)

* Answer: They'd find something else to latch onto like a lock-jawwed staffie with a bone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

niallo27 wrote: »
    There was no one in WTC 7 when it fell

All the buildings near the towers were evacuated, hardly strange.

Advertisement