Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Still need one person for a house in Alder Close in elm.
    50 per week for a spacious single room (not a box room at the top of the stairs like normal)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Karjalaa

sup_dude wrote: »
    I just got an email from them today, denying me a place. I'd stick with Troy, if I were you

They denied me too, I decided to go with Troy and the person I've been in contact with there is really sweet and helpful so I hope it will work out fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Hi I am considering renting a 2 bed for just myself in Brookfield hall. I am mature student doing a Phd so I just want somewhere quiet to study.

Is there excessive noise in Brookfield? will I hear noise if apartment beneath/beside me are making noise?

Are the security good re noise issues?

Also I heard the internet is crap- is this true?

Thanks

Im a mature student also, I started last year and chose brookfield. There was crap in the beginning to put up with but it was mostly bad management. But I would also say that after staying on for 2nd year its alot better, management changed, new faces in, and its all alot better. Was some problems with the washing and drying machines but they just got all new ones in, now no problems. Plus nexts year rates are down so its alot cheaper. Ive no idea what they are anywhere else but I know when I looked last year brookfield was cheapest, and now its cheaper again so can only be good. I can tell you as a mature student its quite, youll have the odd party but its nearly always 1st year blocks which you wont be in if you ask to be put in with the mature students/post grads, and anyway security is good at stopping the noise near midnight, and the shuttle bus means the distance from the uni dosnt matter.

Just my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

sugoo69 wrote: »
    My son is into UL for the Bachelor of Science (Education) in Biological Sciences as a mature student...So where to live? Not from Limerick have no knowledge of area, knows noone so new start for him but where ???:D

I know some bits as a friends son went to LIT and another to UL but its all second hand info

Im a mature in brookfield, good spot.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone here who paid fees for on-campus accommodation received anything back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Anyone here who paid fees for on-campus accommodation received anything back?

I think they wait until the CAO offers before sending anything out

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

garv123 wrote: »
    Still need one person for a house in Alder Close in elm.
    50 per week for a spacious single room (not a box room at the top of the stairs like normal)

What number is the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Owen_S wrote: »
    I think they wait until the CAO offers before sending anything out

Got a text from Campus Accommodation about an hour ago saying good luck with the CAO tomorrow. I have Plassey booked btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Got a text from Campus Accommodation about an hour ago saying good luck with the CAO tomorrow. I have Plassey booked btw.

Yeah same here. Pity I won't be getting any offers from UL tomorrow :(

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Got that text as well :) Thought it was a hoax, Forgot I gave them my number :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I never got a text when I was expecting offers.

Bastards. :(

:P

Best of luck to ye!

I never got a text when I was expecting offers.

Bastards. :(

Best of luck to ye!

Kids and their texting these days..eh?

garv123 wrote: »
    Kids and their texting these days..eh?

In my day we applied by email and we were damn glad of it! :cool:

In my day we applied by email and we were damn glad of it! :cool:

*Cough* Hand written letter and stamp *Cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Is it just me or are the accommodation websites impossible to find? Anyone have the link to College Court page? :P Only going into first year, and I expected to be living in Groody all summer, but they emailed me there saying they are booked out? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Karjalaa

ray2012 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the accommodation websites impossible to find? Anyone have the link to College Court page? :P Only going into first year, and I expected to be living in Groody all summer, but they emailed me there saying they are booked out? :confused:

Did you mean this one? http://www.student-lettings.ie/
    I'll be staying at Troy, it seems nice too ^^ and they had rooms available 2 weeks ago at least http://troystudentvillage.com/
    But all of the accomodations I've been looking at has had horrible webpages...

ray2012 wrote: »

Well the simple reason for that is college court, milford grange, elm park etc are all large housing estates with each house owned by individual landlords and rented out to students... Not one big company. have a look on daft.ie for some ads.

College apartments are brookfield, groody, courtyard and troy. theres a few more smaller ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How much of a walk is it from Brookfield?

How much of a walk is it from Brookfield?

The buses run from brookfield during the college hours but you're about 25-30 mins walk from the main campus buildings.

If you want to go the the gym or arena out of hours its a balls.
    you're also about 10+ mins walk to a shop.

It seems Plassey is my new home for the next 9 months :o

• Advertisement

Pai Mei wrote: »

Since they did the renovations, Plassey has the nicest apartments IMO, if you don't mind not having an ensuite or double bed.

Since they did the renovations, Plassey has the nicest apartments IMO, if you don't mind not having an ensuite or double bed.

I don't mind not having an ensuite as I don't have one at home anyway :) The single bed might take a bit of getting used to do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Sound! :) Staying in Courtyard I think !

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

How do you know? I haven't heard anything since I replied to the text earlier on

navosa wrote: »
    How do you know? I haven't heard anything since I replied to the text earlier on

Did you say "confirm"? When I sent that they replied saying thanks you're response has been registered. I assume that means I've got a place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Did you say "confirm"? When I sent that they replied saying thanks you're response has been registered. I assume that means I've got a place :pac:

Ah yeah I did, just thought you might have heard something more. Might see you there then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I don't mind not having an ensuite as I don't have one at home anyway :) The single bed might take a bit of getting used to do :pac:

You're in the exact same boat as me!

DarkDusk wrote: »
    You're in the exact same boat as me!

I'll prob smash a hole in the wall trying to fly from one side to the other :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Housemate needed!!
    House is in the laurels, briarfield an about 15min walk to campus.
    Double room and 250e a month. Already have 5 girls - 4 second years and one third year! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Bumblefoot

Do they send out a text for on campus accommodation? I lost my number that i gave them.. so should I ring tommorrow?

Advertisement