Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ive had Catrice Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner for a little while now and had been using it under my foundation as a primer, and it was pretty nice, though my go to would be the smashbox primer and I would still just push smashbox ahead.
    However the last couple days now I have just been wearing the primer on its own and my opinion of it has totally changed. I adore using it on its own! Id have relatively clear skin anyway just quite dull and porous but this just evens my complexion that bit more and brightens it and really just gives that "Your skin but better" effect! Im head over heels about it at the moment, cant believe I was going to just fling into the end of the bag only a few short days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Benefit They're Real mascara..it's brilliant :) I used to always use max factor masterpiece..no comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I picked this up while browsing the other day.

Smashbox-Brow-Tech.jpg

It was a pure impulse buy, I hadn't even heard of it before picking it up.

I'm in love with it! I got it in blonde and it's the perfect colour for my brows. I had been using the lightest matt tone from my naked pallet before this. The wax that comes with it is great too, my eyebrows are the exact same when I come home in the evening as when I put them on in the morning.

My only complaint would be that it's kind of pricy. €21 for less than 2g of product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Bought this in a blog sale, hasn't arrived yet but has got great reviews online so can't wait to try it!

page.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Bought this in a blog sale, hasn't arrived yet but has got great reviews online so can't wait to try it!

Ooo, I love Givenchy. I think it is very underrated. Let us know how it goes. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Went to Boots at lunchtime for Vaseline. Came out with mascara (L'Oreal False Lash Effect, which I posted about before, and didn't like, but which grew on me hugely!), L'Oreal Anti-Dullness CC cream, and the new L'Oreal brow pencil.

Got back to the car and realised I'd left my book on the counter. And then realised when I went back in to get it that I'd never even got the Vaseline I went in for in the first place :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

On holidays in Manchester visiting family and went on a bit of a make up splurge today! :eek:

I got...

- Bobbi Brown lipstick in Red which is described as a a fire engine red and it suits my skin tone nicely :)
    s1287689-main-hero.jpg
    Pic from Sephora.com

- Dior Show Iconic mascara - can't remember exactly which one as it's packed away in my suitcase but have wanted to try it after reading about it here

- MAC Pressed Pigment in Day Gleam - a pearl powder in NC30 shade. It's quite glittery so not for everyday wear.
    DayGleam03.jpg
    Pic from crystalcandymakeup.com

- Essie Mint Candy Apple nail polish
    essie-winter-2009-mint-candy-apple.jpg
    Pic from makeupandbeautyblog.com

- Also picked up 3 MAC make up brushes: 212, 217 and 219.
    mac-212.jpg?w=500
    3046152319_49e0cdfcb1_o.jpg
    694291.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I was in Dublin last week & picked up a few bits from the Soap & Glory cosmetics range. They don't stock it at my local Boots & I've been dying to try some of them out, plus there was a 3 for 2 offer so how was I supposed to resist?!

S&G Kick Ass Concealer:
    kick_ass.jpg

S&G Fabulipstick in Naked Beige:
    fabulipstick_1.jpg

S&G Archery:
    4956443_archery_1_.jpg

Archery is the stand out product from the three I bought without a doubt, I can't get over how much I love it already.

Also picked up Rimmel's new (I think?) Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara:
    image1xl.jpg

The wand is massive and I thought that would be a problem but it's surprisingly easy to work with. Really liking it, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

ShazGV, is there two concealers in that? Never seen it before, is it any good? I used to love Benefit's Boing one but find it tends to dry out under my eyes and looks a bit cracked and flaky by the end of the day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Yep, two concealers & a translucent powder to set it all. There's a pink toned concealer for under your eyes, and a more yellow toned one to counteract redness. It's been ok so far, I quite like the under-eye concealer but the other one has tended to get a bit cakey and drying so far. My skin has been playing up lately though so it could very easily just be my skin that's the problem with that one! I'll keep trying it (maybe try a smaller amount?) because I really want to like it, I've wanted to pick it up for months. If all else fails I'll just stick to my Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

This soap is the MOST AMAZING (L'Occitane Verbena soap)

Everyone must have it - crushed verbena leaves exfoliate, it softens skin so well and it smells like heaven!

P.aspx?l=en-GB&s=600&e=jpg&id=15SA075V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

bare_escentuals_bareminerals_blemish_remedy1314715690.jpg

Just bought this a few days ago in Debenhams as my skin has erupted over the last fortnight. A huge improvement after just three days of use. Strange medicinal smell from it, but it's the kind of smell that suggests it might just do its job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Just ordered three of these, 3 for 2 on all Maybelline in Boots :D (got the Cherry and Peach tinted ones, and the minty sheer one)

Maybelline-Baby-Lips-Lipbalm-Collection.jpg

Couldn't find this in store, so had to order online. Considering the hype surrounding it, and the recommendation from Caroline Hirons, I'm expecting great things

10140287?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

And something which has grown on me over the past three weeks (and was also half price)

10155166?wid=280&hei=343&op_sharpen=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So on Friday, I got a new lipstick. I usually wear Mac - Ruby Woo, but am now more in love with this one. It's Mac - Russian Red.

It's amazing.
    90yv01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

bscm wrote: »
    and the best bargain of the day:

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (free with my Advantage Card points and student discount)... had a bit of a moment when I used it earlier, about 4 years of applying foundation using my fingers and I've never had product blend so effortlessly :) Highly recommend this brush, size is perfect, it gets into the tough little areas like around the nose, and it doesn't absorb liquid/gel foundations.

Real_Techniques_Expert_Face_Brush_1366386902.png

Boots do a student discount?! :-D :-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Jwacqui wrote: »

Yep! I always use it, every time I'm in there :)

Jwacqui wrote: »

You need the Student Travelcard, but it's 10% off just about everything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

bscm wrote: »
    You need the Student Travelcard, but it's 10% off just about everything :)

When you use your student card can you then pay for the stuff with your Boots points if you have enough?

Got this Garnier exfoliating brush in Boots the other day as well as a spot fighting moisturiser. They were 2 for 9 euro so I got one technically free.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtcbbKhCz-rACaUiPf__oZSv-06ecvvkjJAd1CRXPQ_qC_LkHP
    01.jpg

Toast4532 wrote: »
    When you use your student card can you then pay for the stuff with your Boots points if you have enough?

Yep :) that's what I did for the Expert Face Brush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Pang wrote: »
    Got this Garnier exfoliating brush in Boots the other day as well as a spot fighting moisturiser. They were 2 for 9 euro so I got one technically free.

Will you let us know how they are Pang?

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Will you let us know how they are Pang?

Will do Sarah! Only been using them three days but already noticing a reduction in the size and redness of the spots. Fingers crossed, they'll continue doing so. I'll keep you updated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet at the weekend. Haven't used it properly yet but the colour is very pretty! A bit softer than my usual black.

TasteTemptation-Fluidline-Macroviolet-300.jpg

And yet more stuff from Rituals. I am addicted!!

The body scrubs are 30% off at the moment, so I got a basil and mint one.

Rituals_Himalaya_Wisdom_Deep_Cleansing_Scrub_Salt1347449921.jpg

Also picked up T'ai Chi and Zensation foaming body washes http://www.rituals.com/nl-en/bath-body/shower/shower-foam/

They're not cheap compared to Boots/supermarket brands but to be honest they actually cheer me up in the morning in the shower before work! They just smell and feel beautiful. An everyday treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Only bought the healthy mix serum now,where has it been all my life!
    vanilla is the exact colour of my skin! Bought the powder and smokey eye set as it was 3 for 2 in boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

WARNING: No7 Beautiful Skin Pore Vacuum Mask is scary stuff!
    http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=1340564

Bought this after seeing a positive review on Beaut.ie. My god, this stuff was designed by a pure masochist! No need to imagine what it would feel like to peel my own skin off anymore, now I know after using this mask. I applied as per directions......apply to thick layer to clean, dry skin and peel of when dry or after 10 minutes. Unlike most masks that dry to a stretchy, flexible consistency this mask dries to a solid, hard consistency that makes it impossible to remove in on go. Imagine applying a huge pore strip to your entire face and your close to how painful this is to remove. I have to say my skin did feel very soft afterwards but that probably due to the layer of skin that was ripped off by the mask. :eek::(

I’d probably use this again but only on my noise because it is like a liquid pore strip but never again on my cheeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Sorry can't post a photo but have been meaning to mention this for ages. Recently bought Estee Lauders Resilience Lift night cream and have been seriously impressed. Was never convinced by the idea of having to use night cream but I felt I needed something extra to "plump" the areas that were begining to sag a bit after losing a good bit of weight and the sales rep recommended this. My skin had been glowing ever since. I've used their night serum before and didn't see what the fuss was but this definitely suits my skin better. It ain't cheap at around sixty euro a pop but a little goes a long way and I think good skincare is something you can't really scrimp on ....much as I've tried before.

Also got suckered into buying Lancomes Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara last week...its really nice. You really notice it on once applied, the spplicator is very easy to use and it stays on practically all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

ClubDead wrote: »
    WARNING: No7 Beautiful Skin Pore Vacuum Mask is scary stuff!
    http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=1340564

Bought this after seeing a positive review on Beaut.ie. My god, this stuff was designed by a pure masochist! No need to imagine what it would feel like to peel my own skin off anymore, now I know after using this mask. I applied as per directions......apply to thick layer to clean, dry skin and peel of when dry or after 10 minutes. Unlike most masks that dry to a stretchy, flexible consistency this mask dries to a solid, hard consistency that makes it impossible to remove in on go. Imagine applying a huge pore strip to your entire face and your close to how painful this is to remove. I have to say my skin did feel very soft afterwards but that probably due to the layer of skin that was ripped off by the mask. :eek::(

I’d probably use this again but only on my noise because it is like a liquid pore strip but never again on my cheeks.

I don't think you're meant to apply it to your whole face, it says in the instructions to apply to your nose and forehead.
    I have it also....I'm undecided about it because I'm not too sure if it makes any real difference to my pores

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

sibby wrote: »
    I don't think you're meant to apply it to your whole face, it says in the instructions to apply to your nose and forehead.
    I have it also....I'm undecided about it because I'm not too sure if it makes any real difference to my pores

Your right, I just dug the box out of the bin and saw that it’s only meant to be applied to noise and forehead :o:o:pac: I completely overlooked that in my enthusiasm to have sucked clean pores. I don’t think Id apply it to my forehead again though, it’s so painful to remove. I’ve never thought pore strips for the noise worked particularly well but there is the gross satisfaction of examining the strip afterwards so will give it a few more goes on the noise. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

5aj8.jpg

Having blagged a few samples of this and fallen in love with it, I bought myself a bottle of Esteé Lauder Double Wear today :D

Best foundation ever!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

xzanti wrote: »
    5aj8.jpg

Having blagged a few samples of this and fallen in love with it, I bought myself a bottle of Esteé Lauder Double Wear today :D

Best foundation ever!!!!

It's my absolute favourite! I don't know why I buy any other foundations.

I know lots of people complained when they rejigged the formula but IMO it's better than ever, I'm flying from Dublin airport this weekend and can't wait to get another bottle :)

Advertisement