Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulletproof diet ?

Options
  • 18-07-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing the bulletproof diet ?

Have about ten pounds that I'd love to lose & can't seem to & this was mentioned to me recently. People reporting between 3 & 10 pounds a week being lost ( which seems a little unhealthy).

Primary focus appears to be black coffee with a spoonful of butter in it to fool your body into thinking it's eaten, then cutting out glutens...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

1 pound of fat = roughly 3500 calories so to lose 10 pounds of fat you would have to create a calorie deficit of 35000 calories per week. Now obviously this is impossible, but it sounds good, sells crap magazines.

Now people can lose large amounts of "weight" which is mostly water.
    Primary focus appears to be black coffee with a spoonful of butter in it to fool your body into thinking it's eaten

Please stop reading sh1t like this.

Post up your current diet, your current daily exercise and your ideal time frame to lose the 10 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I suspect the vast majority of the weight loss can be attributed to the removal of gluten from the diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

coffee with butter in it:(

i imagine it exits your body in the same state that it enters. You'd be like an old radiator being emptied

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Carbs hold on to water in the body. If I was to cut out carbs for 2-3 days I will lose about 6 pounds of water, If I start taking in carbs again I will put the 6 pounds back on within 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

JJayoo wrote: »
    Carbs hold on to water in the body. If I was to cut out carbs for 2-3 days I will lose about 6 pounds of water, If I start taking in carbs again I will put the 6 pounds back on within 2.

This is it, show me someone who has lost a consistent 6-10lbs a week for 6 weeks then we'll talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

I'm starting this Bulletproof Diet on Friday.

I just started back in a strength & conditioning class twice a week after a year off and the guys who are on this program in the class are ripped & full of energy.

I already eat large quantities of Meat & fats, but I will find it hard to give up the bread & pasta.

Currently I'm 180cm 92kg ... Aiming to get to a lean fit toned 82kg before the end of 2013 and keep it this way.

Done Atkins;moody & constipated; Done calorie watching;salads aren't my thing; so lets see how this goes...i'll keep ye updated

• Registered Users Posts: 17 leno1979

I have a butter coffee in the mornings, not to lose weight but for the energy i feel it gives me for the morning,it probably does help with weight loss but im also dabling with paleo and find myself quite lighter without trying, again im not doing this to purposly lose weight but from a healthy lifestyle choice and the energy i get throughout the day. when i was eating pasta, rice and other starchy grub i was always tired,now i feel more more energised, thats just my opinion and how its affected me anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Bullet Proof Diet. **** my life. Can't believe he managed to turn one of Robb Wolf's original thoughts into his own product, and then eventually a diet system.

Skip breakfast, just have fat and coffee, and remove all gluten from your diet and see result.

GROUND BREAKING.

REVOLUTIONARY.

...depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hanley wrote: »
    Bullet Proof Diet. **** my life. Can't believe he managed to turn one of Robb Wolf's original thoughts into his own product, and then eventually a diet system.

Skip breakfast, just have fat and coffee, and remove all gluten from your diet and see result.

GROUND BREAKING.

REVOLUTIONARY.

...depressing.

you didnt have your fat and coffee this morning did you?

Hilariously, I did!!

• Advertisement

Why depressing or am i missing the sarcasm???????????????

GROUND BREAKING.

REVOLUTIONARY.

...depressing.

Its internet marketing 101 take a single original idea, base your site/book/info product on it. Never credit it.

from the desk of Emmet Louis

Its internet marketing 101 take a single original idea, base your site/book/info product on it. Never credit it.

from the desk of Emmet Louis

I know... I'm reading a book about it right now :D

I know... I'm reading a book about it right now :D

I could tell from the new rev splash page :p

I could tell from the new rev splash page :p

You like?

You like?

Pm

I was never a coffee drinker due to headaches but the upgraded coffee is superb. The coffee, mct oil and butter is the ultimate start to the day. I don't get hungry till after 12 sometimes 1pm.
    So far s good...great energy through out the day and sleeping better. I put the better sleep down to the lack of carbs and sugar I would always consume in the evenings.

TBoneMan wrote: »
    I was never a coffee drinker due to headaches but the upgraded coffee is superb. The coffee, mct oil and butter is the ultimate start to the day. I don't get hungry till after 12 sometimes 1pm.
    So far s good...great energy through out the day and sleeping better. I put the better sleep down to the lack of carbs and sugar I would always consume in the evenings.
    How much cocconut oil do you use and is refined 100% cocconut oil from an asain store ok to use as i dont fancy paying the big bucks Holland & Barrett charging. Ive only been using unsalted butter in my morning brew but am eager to try the real macoy!

i use ktc 100% pure coconut oil when cooking...available at any good asian store. 3.90 for 500g in Jia Jia Cork. The MCT oil i get at the gym and thats what goes in the morning coffee.
    I am now drinking 4-5 500ml of water each day which is also making a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

try ditching the butter in the mornings and just have the coffee & coconut oil. i did this and got me a six pack by lunch.

• Advertisement

try ditching the butter in the mornings and just have the coffee & coconut oil. i did this and got me a six pack by lunch.
    Does it not taste very oily then? Ive been enjoying the butter in mine but added a teaspoon of KCT cocconut oil with it this morning and felt the taste not as good as when just blened with the butter

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Belladawna

The butter is surprisingly good and satisfying. Best way to take it is by using a foamer, I got one eat IKEA for peanuts :)
    I sprinkle cinnamon on it too sometimes, turns out like a latte. I don't like it when it cools though, so I still use full fat cream some of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

I listened to the inventor of bullet proof coffee on the Joe rogan pod cast discussing the benefits of bullet proof coffee and adding fats to the coffee and so on and i must say it interests me. I would recommend that anyone who is interested in bullet proof coffee listens to it.

In it he describes using fungus free coffee and says that his coffee is fungus free. Now i have looked at bullet proof coffee beans on line and they're not outrageous but not cheap either due to p and p from the states.

I have a couple of questions about the whole bullet proof coffee thing to those who have tried it.

Firstly do people use their regular coffee beans or do they use the special bullet proof coffee fungus free beans?

Secondly how does adding butter to the coffee cause you to lose weight? I would've though the extra calories from the butter wouldn't be a good idea to add to the it from weight loss

Again i am very interested in this so peoples experiences would be greatly appreciated

conor678 wrote: »
    In it he describes using fungus free coffee and says that his coffee is fungus free. Now i have looked at bullet proof coffee beans on line and they're not outrageous but not cheap either due to p and p from the states.

I have a couple of questions about the whole bullet proof coffee thing to those who have tried it.

Firstly do people use their regular coffee beans or do they use the special bullet proof coffee fungus free beans?

All coffee's are roasted ,unless you roast your own or get civet coffee, at such a temperature that it will destroy any fungus and denature any toxic proteins that it may of left. Once you're getting decent organic coffee which hasn't been sprayed too much, you will notice no difference between his coffee and others.

His stuff is basically saying something that sounds plausible to get you to buy his stuff. I could simply say I choose my coffee that's grown on the west slope of coffee farm as the increase in sunlight favours an increase production of gamma-folded oligosaccarides. Means the coffee cherry will have a higher sugar content but means nothing to you the person consuming the seed of the cherry.

Adding butter or any fat will not cause you to lose weight. if you really want to use your coffee to lose weight, drink 4, yes 4 cups of immersion brewed black coffee, 200-300mg of caffeine, drink 150ml of grapefruit juice. Then when that all kicks in, go exercise like a mad man.

I am far from naive and don't for one minute buy into the marketing for one minute. I akin serious as to what peoples experiences are regarding the coffee and does it give you prolonged energy throughout the day.

Do people who take it have a cup of bullet proof coffee instead of breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭OU812

Tried a mug of coffee with one teaspoon of butter stirred in at about 5:10.

It's weird. I haven't eaten anything but I feel full. I also have a lot more energy than I would have at this time of the day.

Going to try it in the morning to see how it works out at the start of the day.

OU812 wrote: »
    Tried a mug of coffee with one teaspoon of butter stirred in at about 5:10.

It's weird. I haven't eaten anything but I feel full. I also have a lot more energy than I would have at this time of the day.

Going to try it in the morning to see how it works out at the start of the day.

Let me know how you get on cos i am very interested in the whole thing

Just making a mug in the next few minutes.

We were supposed to get takeout last night, but I wasn't hungry at all so we didn't.

Felt a little peckish going to bed about midnight.

Did wake up with a headache this morning, which *may* be related.

There's about 120 calories in the brew so the weight loss (for others) is obviously coming from a calorie deficit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Belladawna

I know I suggested it already, but butter in coffee without foaming it isn't really that nice.
    Better to whip it in via a foamer, Ikea Dublin has them for a Euro:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10076320/

• Advertisement

This morning's coffee kept me feeling full & energised for about four hours. I had a light lunch & normal dinner. Very unusual feeling. Bristling with energy.

Weighed myself this morning & gonna try it for the week. Will report back then.

Advertisement