Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluoride in tap water

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Lets also just say that a friend of mine who has had problems with his neck has also seen a dramatic improvement in his neck pain since he has stopped drinking tap water.

King Mob wrote: »
    But it seems like the people you are putting forward as experts have a lot to gain from misinforming people about fluoride.

I don't understand why you reject the mainstream science on this issue because mainstream scientists might have something to gain, but then immediately believe everything from alternative sources who have just as much to gain.

Mainstream Scientists also believe that we are alone in the Universe. Take a look at the Citizens Hearing on youtube and the disclosure videos linked further up in the Conspiracy Theories page. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

endacl wrote: »
    Government is sneaky and can't be trusted. They're always out to take over the world, Pinky and the Brain style. While evidence provided by government may be perfectly acceptable in other fora, it doesn't fly in here.

:D

Cause you know in truth them pesky governments are putting fluoride in the water causing cancer. They cover it up but they know the reality of what they are doing. And then paying for the chemo treatment and radiology which can easily hit the €50,000 mark per patient. Genius. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

goz83 wrote: »
    They say the pineal gland is also our third eye ( though a few jokers will snigger and disagree ). If fluoride calcifies the gland, it would be very hard to measure, because plenty of stuff in our diets do a much better job of this. Carbonated drinks for a start.

why is one a joker if one disagrees that the pineal gland is also our third eye?
    what does this even mean, really?
    any links to any studies which show that carbonated drinks that "calcify the pineal gland", would love to read if there is one? what is in the carbonated drinks that supposedly causing this?

Also curious about how the anti-flouride folks feel about chlorine in the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

But it seems like the people you are putting forward as experts have a lot to gain from misinforming people about fluoride.

I don't understand why you reject the mainstream science on this issue because mainstream scientists might have something to gain, but then immediately believe everything from alternative sources who have just as much to gain.
    The word 'mainstream' as regards CT's, takes on quite a different meaning though. In the same way a 'liberal' does in the States (Booooo. America.), and 'moderate' does in middle eastern 'politics' (also Booooo. America. I presume... ).

The rightness or wrongness of the fact has little bearing on its validity. Its all about the source. I'm surprised YouTube videos are still accepted as evidence at all. Having been bought by Google, who of course are evil, global and corporate. Don't forget the whole '666 in the logo' thing, and why it couldn't possibly be '999'...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

RGDATA! wrote: »
    ?

Also curious about how the anti-flouride folks feel about chlorine in the water?
    If they have a problem with it, they'd better stay as far as possible from the sea...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

FREETV wrote: »
    Mainstream Scientists also believe that we are alone in the Universe. Take a look at the Citizens Hearing on youtube and the disclosure videos linked further up in the Conspiracy Theories page. :D
    This does not answer my question.

You are rejecting all mainstream scientists because they have a vested interest.

All of the sources and experts you are linking to all have a vested interest in misinforming people about fluoride.

So why do you reject all mainstream scientists, but not all of your experts?
    What makes them immune to the same corruption?
    How do you tell the difference between a corrupted expert who opposes fluoridation for their own gain and a genuine one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

that's not true at all? Maybe you have some specific "mainstream scientists" in mind who do but in fact science is actively looking for signs of other life in the universe. More accurate to say that science is open minded and certainly does not rule out life elsewhere in the universe

Most, I've found, would be very open to the possibility (or more likely probability) of life on other worlds, and in different forms. What gave you that notion?

I was mostly taking the pi## as regards the mainstream science about life out there but back on topic now about chlorine.

http://environment.about.com/od/earthtalkcolumns/a/chlorine.htm

• Advertisement

I was mostly taking the pi## as regards the mainstream science about life out there but back on topic now about chlorine.
    Didn't read that way. Read like you were countered and didn't have a response, and so backed down. Why should your word be taken on flouride?

Fluoride is a money making con, fact. There are alternatives to chlorine also. Any amount of either chemical is toxic.

The money makers who know of the toxicity do not regularily bathe in it or drink it, believe me. :pac:

'Fact' and 'believe me' in one post....?

Didn't read that way. Read like you were countered and didn't have a response, and so backed down. Why should your word be taken on flouride?
    The whole UFO and ET is ridiculed and played down on purpose by the mainstream media as the wealthy elite families run those corporations and would lose out big time if the full truth got out.

I do some research, never said that I worked for the Government or am a scientist but I can see and sense the truth when it is fairly obvious.

Fluoride is a money making con, fact.

http://shop.mercola.com/catalog/categoryinfo.aspx?filter=&search=fluoride&type=q&keywordoption=ANY&cid=2&fltrdesc=

Seems like this guy makes a tidy profit from telling people about the dangers of fluoride.

The whole UFO and ET is ridiculed and played down on purpose by the mainstream media as the wealthy elite families run those corporations and would lose out big time if the full truth got out.
    original.jpg

http://shop.mercola.com/catalog/categoryinfo.aspx?filter=&search=fluoride&type=q&keywordoption=ANY&cid=2&fltrdesc=

Seems like this guy makes a tidy profit from telling people about the dangers of fluoride.

Unfortunately we are forced to pay for things so we all need money to survive.

Profit and greed are the reasons why fluoride and chlorine are in our tap water.

Profit and greed are the reasons why fluoride and chlorine are in our tap water.
    Explain the mechanism. I buy toothpaste. I buy it with flouride in. If it wasn't in it, I'd still buy toothpaste. I like having clean teeth. I'd imagine I'm fairly standard in this regard. How does the presence/absence of flouride in toothpaste explain 'profit and greed'?

But then why aren't profit and greed the reason for why someone might lie and misinform about something safe so they can make a profit from their own products?

How do you know that Mercola is not lying to make money?

Explain the mechanism. I buy toothpaste. I buy it with flouride in. If it wasn't in it, I'd still buy toothpaste. I like having clean teeth. I'd imagine I'm fairly standard in this regard. How does the presence/absence of flouride in toothpaste explain 'profit and greed'?

As they need a way to get rid of the industrial fluoride so it goes in to our systems and in to water treatment plants as a way of making billions and getting rid of the waste fluoride which then goes in to the sewage treatment plants and in to the rivers, oceans, seas as it is the only legal way to dump it.

• Advertisement

But then why aren't profit and greed the reason for why someone might lie and misinform about something safe so they can make a profit from their own products?

How do you know that Mercola is not lying to make money?

Not everybody is lying to make money and I don't know the man personally so I cannot comment about him.

I wouldn't personally lie just to make money, I have a conscience but everyone on the planet needs money in order to survive, that and religions are the cause of the majority of the problems of the world.

As they need a way to get rid of the industrial fluoride so it goes in to our systems and in to water treatment plants as a way of making billions and getting rid of the waste fluoride which then goes in to the sewage treatment plants and in to the rivers, oceans, seas as it is the only legal way to dump it.

Oooooooohh kaaaaaaayyy....

Well that's me convinced. That's about as rational as explanations get.

Not everybody is lying to make money and I don't know the man personally so I cannot comment about him.

I wouldn't personally lie just to make money, I have a conscience but everyone on the planet needs money in order to survive, that and religions are the cause of the majority of the problems of the world.
    But then you are claiming that every single scientist and expert who doesn't agree with you is lying and misinforming people purely because they have a vested interest.

But now you are giving a free pass to Mercola (who you think is trustworthy enough to link to) because "not everyone is lying to make money"?

This does not make sense.
    Why not just make normal dumping of fluoride legal instead of the more expensive, complicated and regulated process of fluoridating water?

Why do they only give this allowance to fluoride, but not other industrial wastes?

But then you are claiming that every single scientist and expert who doesn't agree with you is lying and misinforming people purely because they have a vested interest.

But now you are giving a free pass to Mercola (who you think is trustworthy enough to link to) because "not everyone is lying to make money"?

Why not just make normal dumping of fluoride legal instead of the more expensive, complicated and regulated process of fluoridating water?

Why do they only give this allowance to fluoride, but not other industrial wastes?

Environmental protection is a joke worldwide as major chemical companies/oil companies get away with polluting vast areas of the planet and only get served meagre/miniscule fines compared to what they make daily in profits.
    Corruption is rife. I don't make the laws, they dump that industrial fluoride crap in to waters but aren't allowed to dump it or bury it in land, a lot easier to control the levels of toxicity I guess.
    Kind of like a slow release drip in a hospital.
    The world doesn't make sense either. :D

Environmental protection is a joke worldwide as major chemical companies/oil companies get away with polluting vast areas of the planet and only get served meagre/miniscule fines compared to what they make daily in profits.
    Corruption is rife.

Absolutely. On this we agree entirely. What's it got to do with water fluoridation though?

Absolutely. On this we agree entirely. What's it got to do with water fluoridation though?

I wasn't finished, read back above. :) They make huge amounts of money selling that junk as it is an industrial waste by product, hexafluorosilicic acid and sodium fluoride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

This should be fairly simple. A number of countries do not use flouride in their water, Ireland does.

Show me the comparison between these countries and highlight the effects as supported by the data?

Surely one of the anti flouride wafflers has produced a study since they feel so strongly.

Corruption is rife. I don't make the laws, they dump that industrial fluoride crap in to waters but aren't allowed to dump it or bury it in land, a lot easier to control the levels of toxicity I guess.
    Kind of like a slow release drip in a hospital.
    But why? You clearly think that these people can buy the government and get them to do whatever they want. So why not force them to allow dumping of fluoride?
    Why use a such a slow, expensive process when they could just dump it like you think they do with other types of waste?

And can you please go back and address the other half of my post:

I wasn't finished, read back above. :) They make huge amounts of money selling that junk as it is an industrial waste by product, hexafluorosilicic acid and sodium fluoride.

You were finished. You clicked post. Then you went back and added to it.

• Advertisement

But why? You clearly think that these people can buy the government and get them to do whatever they want. So why not force them to allow dumping of fluoride?
    Why use a such a slow, expensive process when they could just dump it like you think they do with other types of waste?

And can you please go back and address the other half of my post:

I guess it would effect everyone adversely if it was just dumped on land or buried and then would be completely outlawed and banned entirely. Follow the money trail.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/02/government-and-top-university-studies-fluoride-lowers-iq-and-causes-other-health-

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement