Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Good lord..I'd sell my body quicker than this camera..no one will bite :( I need the money for new brakes :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I ll give you some planet-x brakes and a pint, deal? :P

2 pints and a brake cable and it's yours :D

Sold!

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Sold!

thumbs-up.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Zyzz wrote: »
    thumbs-up.gif

Christ, do you have a gif for every situation?!

colm_gti wrote: »
    Christ, do you have a gif for every situation?!

good-one-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-194.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

A mans guide to cooking dinner

First, buy the Chicken and a bottle of whiskey. Pour yourself a glass of whiskey and put the Chicken in the oven. Take another 2 glasses of whiskey and set degrees at 375 ovens. take 4 whisks of drinky and chick the bastey. Stick a chicken in the thermometer, and glass yourself a pour of whiskey. Bake the whiskey for 4 hr,s take the oven out the chicken and floor the chicken up off the pick. Pour yourself another glass of chicken. Now just tet the sable, and grave the chicavy

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

A mans guide to cooking dinner

First, buy the Chicken and a bottle of whiskey. Pour yourself a glass of whiskey and put the Chicken in the oven. Take another 2 glasses of whiskey and set degrees at 375 ovens. take 4 whisks of drinky and chick the bastey. Stick a chicken in the thermometer, and glass yourself a pour of whiskey. Bake the whiskey for 4 hr,s take the oven out the chicken and floor the chicken up off the pick. Pour yourself another glass of chicken. Now just tet the sable, and grave the chicavy

Gaybo does it well!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Zyzz wrote: »
    good-one-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-194.gif

Judging by the name "Zyzz", he's a bb.com member, they only know how to reply with abuse, and gifs lol :D

• Advertisement

Brad768 wrote: »
    Judging by the name "Zyzz", he's a bb.com member, they only know how to reply with abuse, and gifs lol :D

incredulous.gif

sausage.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

There's a clicking noise coming from my bike. I think it's the bottom bracket or the groupset... what do I do?

Don't know why I found this so funny..but its worth the watch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

buffalo wrote: »
    There's a clicking noise coming from my bike. I think it's the bottom bracket or the groupset... what do I do?

I hate to say it, but you need a new bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I find washing and oiling my bike makes all the clicks, creaks and groans go away, first port of call?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

colm_gti wrote: »
    I find washing and oiling my bike makes all the clicks, creaks and groans go away, first port of call?

I agree. I had a funny clicking noise last week. I cleaned the chain, mechs etc. and hey presto no more clicking sound. I'd love to know exactly what it was though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

I'm pretty sure Martyn Irvine just passed me in Drumcondra, heading north. Anyone know if he's in town? Or if there's any doppelgaenger Freds with full UnitedHealthcare kit? :D

First world problems.. my handlebars are too light to put aerobars on them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

First world problems.. my handlebars are too light to put aerobars on them :rolleyes:

What weight are your bars (and which ones are they?)

Zipp Contour SL, 186gr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Zipp Contour SL, 186gr

That's pretty impressive! I was thinking that the 238gr FSA ones I have were light...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

buffalo wrote:

I've consulted with the Irish Times and they advise that you chuck yer bike and buy a car, or a pair of shoes (of the non clip-clop variety). Then they'll like you again, they'll invite you to their pedestrian/driver self-help groups where everyone shares stories of cyclists being a terrible blight on society.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,035 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Zipp Contour SL, 186gr

I have the Zipp SL, 2009/2010 vintage. Mine are 170g. :pac:

Can't use clip-ons on those either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lumen wrote: »
    Can't use clip-ons on those either.

Forgive my ignorance, having never had what others here would consider light bars, but if the bars can take your weight, why can they not take the pressure from clip ons? Is it concentrating the pressure too much?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

CramCycle wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, having never had what others here would consider light bars, but if the bars can take your weight, why can they not take the pressure from clip ons? Is it concentrating the pressure too much?

Just a guess, but I would have thought if you put weight on the bars via a lever, like clip ons, you're applying considerable torque, whereas just leaning on your bars is direct downward pressure. Very different forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

I'm pretty sure Martyn Irvine just passed me in Drumcondra, heading north. Anyone know if he's in town? Or if there's any doppelgaenger Freds with full UnitedHealthcare kit? :D

He's around I believe recuperating

CramCycle wrote: »

It's the pressure of the clamps. Zipp do clip-compatible carbon bars (SLC2 @ 190g) which are reinforced to cope.

For whatever reason AstraMonti managed to buy the model that is ridiculously heavy, ridiculously expensive and not clip-compatible. Golf clap.

haha I bought it second hand, cheaply enough! And it's 44cm size too, more carbon! But yeah, it has a sticker saying not compatible with any aerobars clip on thingy.

haha I bought it second hand, cheaply enough! And it's 44cm size too, more carbon!

Ah, that's not too bad, mine are 40cm, although you now have me doubting whether I ever weighed them or just took the claim at face value (if so I should go to weightweenie jail for that crime).

I got my SLs from Planet X in Feb 2010 and they were relatively cheap. Full price is a bit nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

This might seem like a stupid question but I'm worried I may be going about this the wrong way. I'm trying to improve my cardio so what I've been doing is cycling from Scholarstown up to viewpoint. I have to stop about 5 times along the way as I get out of breath. If I keep doing this about 2 times a week will I in say about 6 weeks be able to get all the way to the top without stopping? I'm hoping that when I can get all the way to the top I will then start venturing further up the mountain on longer cycles?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement