Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What stupid injuries have you caused yourself when drunk?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

That made me flinch and feel queasy at the thought of how much that cost.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Dislocated my knee in Tenerife in a night club, knocked my knee back in and my mates carried me home. Woke up the next day with my knee swollen to ****. I went to hospital and missed my flight home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You should've went abroad to get them done. My friend - who is traveling the world - was talking some British guy and the guy said it's cheaper to travel from Britain to Thailand and get your teeth done there.

My teeth are fúcked too and hopefully I'm getting them done in India next year.
    GO ABROAD? GO ABROAD?? IT WAS GOING ABROAD THAT FCUKED MY TEETH IN THE FIRST PLACE!!:mad::mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I walked into a wall with an erection and broke my nose. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭50SofG

I thought when they said to much drink can kill you, they ment by heart or liver failure,,,, now i'm not so sure that's what they ment at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Once got home steaming drunk and was locked out, so I went around the back of the house and I could see the tiny bathroom window was open so I decided to climb up and get in that way (used to do this all the time when I was sober). So I took my shoes off for better grip (as you do), got about 3/4 of the way up house and fell off!

Thankfully The wheelie bins below me broke my fall so I didn't die, but as I fell off the wheelie bins I landed in broken glass. In bare feet. Got a massive gash on my right foot that literally sprayed blood like in a movie...So what did I do? Climbed up again, with the cut foot and got in! Got blood all over the house, had to go get eleven stitches and tetanus shots the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Nothing worse than busting your teeth or seeing other people landing on their teeth. Makes me cringe badly thinking about it.

I got some shock watching American History X!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I'm not sure exactly what happened on Friday night. There I was in Dublin singing by Elvis songs when suddenly .............

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I woke up in the morning with headache and a pain in my palm. It's was perfectly round deep burn from a cigarette.
    I could nor remember much from last night and I am not a smoker at all.

pain was nagging me for a week. It did not help much being a chef too. Constant temperature changes and washing of hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭50SofG

I'm not sure exactly what happened on Friday night. There I was in Dublin singing by Elvis songs when suddenly .............
    you got "all shuck up"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fiery biscuits

Broke my hand punching a traffic sign that said bi curamach

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

In my youth: Fell off the town square (about 4 foot high) flat on my face and got a black eye and bruised my dignity. Another time I was spinning around really fast holding hands with someone, lost my balance and fell through emergency exit doors and broke my thumb. Ran into a wall trying to get away from my bf who was trying to put me to bed, fell on a bin and broke it and got a black eye.

Friday night: Decided to run home from the pub (about 2km) in my flat sandals. Made it almost all the way home, then kicked the footpath accidentally. Now have a purple, probably broken big toe. Silly me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Broke into a solicitors office and decided i could jump down the flight of stairs in one go.

couldnt walk right for weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

After a Paddy's day full of drink, one of my housemate's threw an empty keg (one of the small 5 litre ones) to me, at my request.(we had planned using it in a drinking game) As he threw it, I realised I had a can in one hand, and a glass in the other.
    In my drunken state, I deemed the best option to be : don't drop anything, headbutt the keg - you'll surely hit the side of it.

I could feel something run down my nose. The girl beside me winced. I had a nice 2 inch straight cut right across my forehead. Disinfected it with 12 year Jameson, strapped it up with insulating tape, and kept going.
    Still have a scar.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

Hmm, well I've incurred quite a bit of damage to myself due to alcohol,, but the most notable incidents are:
    - While running barefoot down the estate I used to live in after a drunk friend who was having a mental breakdown, I stepped on a little stone partition between gardens and ruined my right foot, couldn't walk properly for days.
    - Fell down the stairs of a club in Waterford after repeatedly telling the bouncer (in French, as I was pretending to be foreign) that I was nice and sober, and I was just here with my Erasmus friends. Major leg ouchies for a week or so.
    - Recently, after a night of very, very heavy drinking, I was running down Bunker Hill in Waterford, and fell face-first into a pebble-dashed wall. I had a very ugly cut for about 6 days, as well as cut up knees, and bruises everywhere.
    - Actually, most nights I go out, I tend to come home with some minor injury, my friends get very playfully aggressive, so they usually end up punching each other, and sometimes me. Which I don't like. >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My friend got a bottle rammed into her face the night she went out for her 21st, she was after moving to a new town for college so she was coming back with him.

She was brought to hospital with injuries to her eye and was discharged the following day in the same bloodied clothes, all cut up and a big bandage on her eye.

Herself and the fella stopped off at mc Donald's to get something to eat before coming home, and everybody was staring at this chic covered in blood in the middle of the day so her boyfriend said "sit down over there or ill give you another one" haha

(It wasn't her boyfriend that glassed her, he only said it for the craic)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

zenno wrote: »
    I don't feel like i should share this one with you, but hey, why not, it was one stupid thing to do but i was really drunk from a two day bender. This was many years ago.

I was told i fell in the door locked drunk and sat at the kitchen table mumbling for ages and then i stood up and wobbled over to the lampshade that was lit and urinated all over it sending a 240 volt shock right into you know what and it blasted me right back and i cracked my head off the corner of a wooden chair. That was the worst best one.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I punched a wall because I was mad and I broke my hand, it didn't really hurt until some other helpful drunkard decided to put it back into place for me. I was the butt of many jokes for weeks but the worst was explains to the doc in A and E what happened, so embarrassing having to explain your compete and utter stupidity to a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

split my head open just above my eye somehow. Remember leaving the house we were drinking at and arriving home with my head and both hands covered in blood, nothing in between.

Still no idea what happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

I was partying with the ANC in South Africa and they decided to necklace me!

Luckily I escaped with only 90% burns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Was out one Paddy's day/night in my teenage years upstairs in a pub watching one of my favourite local metal bands, whilst on crutches with severely damaged ligaments in my left "good" leg. (right knee was also banjaxed, but not as bad). Was very well behaved, just sat drinking while everyone else was moshing and generally enjoying myself.

Their gig was finishing mid-afternoon, then in another pub up the road, another metal band were starting later on. I carried on drinking til it was time to go up the road, and as we left, I insisted on going down the stairs, using the bannister on the right as a crutch, and one of my actual crutches on the left. Also insisted on carrying my bottle of smirnoff ice too (in my defence I was 16...!)

Two steps down, the crutch goes from under me, I manage to fall forward and somehow twist and roll down the stairs all the way to the bottom. Cue friends at top of stairs and bottom of stairs freaking out, and me giggling, holding up nonbroken bottle of smirnoff ice still relatively full and totally intact. I was well chuffed that aside from the intense burning horrible pain in my leg, there was no major damage done. Off we went up to the next pub, and I decided that seeing as I'd already milled myself once, I might as well try moshing on crutches.

I hit the ground twice before eventually admitting defeat and sitting at the side to watch the rest of the gig. Trying to come up with a story for the physio as to why my leg wasn't healing at the expected rate was.....fun.

TL:DR. Got drunk whilst on crutches, fell down flight of stairs (didn't spill drink!) and went moshing at metal gig later. Knocked off crutches twice at metal gig. Leg took inexplicably long time to heal afterward....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

My friend jumped over a 10ft wall. broke both her ankles! she blames the ugg boots she wore but maybe it was the bottle of vino..maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Only happened in the last 6 months - woke up one morning after a heavy night drinking to find my ankle was all swollen. Didn't know what the **** happened, could not remember it happening. Came to the conclusion it was only sprained, so i tried to walk on it - i physically couldn't.

7 hours after waking up i decided it was time to go to a&e, my 'sprain' ended up being a broken ankle and i now have a massive 5 inch scar down my ankle after they put in the metal plate. Still not sure what happened :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

My friend jumped over a 10ft wall. broke both her ankles! she blames the ugg boots she wore but maybe it was the bottle of vino..maybe

Could of been jumping over the wall too, they're notoriously aggressive, especially to drunk people!

I have too many drunken accidents to mention, I'll get around to it tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

I was fairly lucky once actually. I was on a beach breaking up wooden pallets with my feet for a bonfire.
    I slipped backwards anyway and up into the air and landed crash down on the broken wood. I bust my elbow and my backside but how i avoided all the nails sticking out I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 themoocher

I've had a few!

Broke my knuckle and badly gashed my hand before.

Tore ankle ligaments attempting some impressive dancing. Foot was purple!

Climbed croagh Patrick after a wedding one night in Westport. Apparently my parents and the cool kids used to do it after dances back in the day so off I went in my suit. Made it about 2/3s of the way up. Very dehydrated so I took a break, fell asleep and decided enough was enough. Went to make my way back down stil half asleep and ended up picking up speed rapidly so a walk turned into a jog into a spring down the Jill. Couldn't stop so just upended myself on the rocks. Lots of cuts and bruises and a few cracked ribs!

Also attempted to ride a bull recently! Video below. Didnt go to plan. Visited that bar 3 times, prob 15 riders per night and never once saw anyone else get attacked! He must of seen me coming. Cracked ribs again and was black and blue after it for a couple if weeks.

http://youtu.be/AENQ83ZaRqg

Sure I've a few more but can't think of any right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My friend got a bottle rammed into her face the night she went out for her 21st, she was after moving to a new town for college so she was coming back with him.

She was brought to hospital with injuries to her eye and was discharged the following day in the same bloodied clothes, all cut up and a big bandage on her eye.

Herself and the fella stopped off at mc Donald's to get something to eat before coming home, and everybody was staring at this chic covered in blood in the middle of the day so her boyfriend said "sit down over there or ill give you another one" haha

(It wasn't her boyfriend that glassed her, he only said it for the craic)
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Honestly, with the damage some of us manage to inflict on ourselves when drinking we should come with a health warning:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Fell out of a moving car. Admittedly was going quite slow and in a car park as I was attempting to puke my ring out but I lost balance and tumbled out like tumbleweed. Lucky I didn't get ran over! Nice cuts and bruises to my arm, back and legs though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Oh, forgot to add, came home one night pie eyed and had gotten into bed and decided I needed to píss. The toilet being all the way across the landing seemed out of the question so I thought the best option was out the bedroom window.. Fell out the window, willy in hand onto the garage roof on top of some flower pots. Didn't feel a thing at the time but had a few bruises and a sprained wrist the following day.

Advertisement