Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What stupid injuries have you caused yourself when drunk?

Options
  • 09-06-2013 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I couldn't help overhearing a conversation between 2 lads last night. They can't have been more than about 20 years old or so. Anyway, 1 lad was telling the other about the worst night of his life which involved him hitting someone, which broke one of his knuckles. Kicking a tree which broke a bone in his foot and somehow getting stabbed as well that night.

The worst injury I've ever sustained whilst drunk was slipping down the stairs on my butt at a cocktail bar on my 30th birthday.

So AH what is the worst/stupidest injury you've sustained whilst drunk?

Should add I did some damage to my tail bone as a result thats still with me 10 years later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Got a broken rib when I was arsing around with old mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I fell out of a shower and whacked my face of a toilet bowl in a hotel in Newcastle, only had a couple of pints in me at the time. Cost me Stg£9,000 to fix my teeth.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I fell out of a shower and whacked my face of a toilet bowl in a hotel in Newcastle, only had a couple of pints in me at the time. Cost me Stg£9,000 to fix my teeth.:(

Ouch...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That made me flinch and feel queasy at the thought of how much that must've hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Not me personally but my mate thought it would be a good idea to try cycling an old bike that had no tyres and both wheels buckled. He went over the handle bars, face first into the corner of a small concrete wall. He broke his nose, lost 4 teeth and was lucky not to lose his eye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I've broken a knuckle after a punch as well... Besides that nothing much outer than sore parts from slipping etc. I remember at the start of the year I was well on it before even getting ready... Went for my shower and then realised there was no mat or towel outside that would prevent slipping... Fell flat on my arse and ended up staying in for the night because I could barely move. It took me about a half hour to even leave the bathroom. Oh the shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was running while giving a girl a piggy back and I tripped, I was holding her legs so I couldn't use my hands to stop me and I went face first into the pavement breaking my nose. She was grand though since she landed on top of me. I also had a huge lump on my forehead. Got the ride once id stopped bleeding though so it was all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

Ouch bro......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Only thing I damaged was my dignity.

Been told by a band playing to stop singing or else they would leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

That made me flinch and feel queasy at the thought of how much that must've hurt.
    It was a bit sore alright, didn't stop me drinking though. I looked quite a sight sitting in the Bigg Market at half two in the morning eating a doner kebab with a straw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭FiachDubh

Pregnancy.

I'm actually a lad but it was the first thing to pop into my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

MadYaker wrote: »
    I was running while giving a girl a piggy back and I tripped, I was holding her legs so I couldn't use my hands to stop me and I went face first into the pavement breaking my nose. She was grand though since she landed on top of me. I also had a huge lump on my forehead. Got the ride once id stopped bleeding though so it was all good.

Haha hope she was worth it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Fell through a plastic shower door while showering hammered, slitting my arm and resulting in 17 stitches. Was going grand until I closed my eyes and felt like I was on a rollercoaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I used my face as a brake against a pebbledash wall during the world cup in 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

About 3 years ago I fell about 7-10ft onto a pile of rocks.. the tide was out at the time, banged my ankle up but there was no lasting damage, very lucky I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I jumped over a wall that had 15 ft drop on the other side and sprained my ankle :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

A friend of mine was climbing a tree, he got pretty high up when he heard a crack and fell about 30 feet landing on his back. He can walk again, but it's been a tough year for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

sprained a wrist and my ankle, bruised my head cut my arm open, one night coz jumping into a shallow fountain was a great idea after a few vodkas.

I also fell down the stairs a few times thankfully I don't drink vodka anymore and rarely wear heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

kjl wrote: »
    A friend of mine was climbing a tree, he got pretty high up when he heard a crack and fell about 30 feet landing on his back. He can walk again, but it's been a tough year for him.

Reminds me of a guy I knew who died after falling 30ft from a tree 11 years ago...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/0309/23896-death/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Broken nose. Said something stupid to a stoned guy, so he punched me in the face. Served me right, tbh. These days I only say stupid stuff when I'm sober.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

I fell off me stool in the boozer one day an landed face first on top of glass and broke me cheekbone, thank god the glass didnt break or I would've lost an eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

jay1988 wrote: »
    I fell off me stool in the boozer one day an landed face first on top of glass and broke me cheekbone, thank god the glass didnt break or I would've lost an eye.
    :eek: Wtf how do you land on glass and it doesnt break?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I Arrived home drunk one night and went to bed. Woke up in the middle of the night in absolute agony with a cramp in my leg from dehydration from drink and couldn't play gaa from 3 weeks because of it.

Does that count as a drunk injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

banjo string snapped,thinking i was ron jeremy while hammered,wouldnt wish it on worst enemy,agony

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Chipped my tailbone and broke my thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Max Power1 wrote: »
    :eek: Wtf how do you land on glass and it doesnt break?

I have no idea I came down right on the top of it hit it and it just flew off the table leaving me with a broken cheekbone and a perfect circular mark around my eye for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Broke both feet leapin out of an upstairs window at a party and was that pissed i kept runnin around all night. woke up the next mornin with two soggy, wet bags of formerly frozen vegetables cellotaped to my feet.
    Busted my leg open on a radiator another night so badly i could see the bone. still have a big dirty scar on my leg and theres no feelin in it.
    Plenty of other bangs and bruises but those were the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I was jogging home drunk through an estate and came to an alleyway and tripped over some wire mesh in the grass and fell forward head first into a pebble-dashed wall, blood everywhere. Didn't feel much as i was well drunk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

You should've went abroad to get them done. My friend - who is traveling the world - was talking some British guy and the guy said it's cheaper to travel from Britain to Thailand and get your teeth done there.

My teeth are fúcked too and hopefully I'm getting them done in India next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I don't feel like i should share this one with you, but hey, why not, it was one stupid thing to do but i was really drunk from a two day bender. This was many years ago.

I was told i fell in the door locked drunk and sat at the kitchen table mumbling for ages and then i stood up and wobbled over to the lampshade that was lit and urinated all over it sending a 240 volt shock right into you know what and it blasted me right back and i cracked my head off the corner of a wooden chair. That was the worst one.

Advertisement