Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

simon360 wrote: »
    What are the states in America with no Tax again? Anyone give me an address to use?

New Hampshire
    Delaware

Just make up any address under the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

danthefan wrote: »
    New Hampshire
    Delaware

Just make up any address under the sun.

how do I get a ZIP?

simon360 wrote: »
    how do I get a ZIP?

Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

If it helps anyone, this is the address I've used to buy a few Steam codes off Amazon.com. I haven't bought any in a while though, so it may not work anymore.

[name]
    123 Fake Street
    Nome, AK 99762
    United States
    Phone: 917-213-5040

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Morrowind GOTY €6.79 on steam today. Been wanting to get it for a while but do ye reckon it might be cheaper in the steam sale?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

If it helps anyone, this is the address I've used to buy a few Steam codes off Amazon.com. I haven't bought any in a while though, so it may not work anymore.

[name]
    123 Fake Street
    Nome, AK 99762
    United States
    Phone: 917-213-5040

Are you kidding me? That's the exact same address I've been using for years (different phone number).

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Morrowind GOTY €6.79 on steam today. Been wanting to get it for a while but do ye reckon it might be cheaper in the steam sale?

Pretty sure I saw it in the Steam sale last year. If it appears, good chance it fall in the range of 2.49 -> 4.99

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty sure I saw it in the Steam sale last year. If it appears, good chance it fall in the range of 2.49 -> 4.99

hmmm, maybe I'll hold off on it yet so. Cheers!

hmmm, maybe I'll hold off on it yet so. Cheers!

Yeah I'm waiting as well for Skyrim and Morrowind together to get the Skywind mod. I'd say they'll go in a pack or something for cheaper!

I know Game.co.uk have a Bethesda sale on now. Might be worth a look to see how low they have Morrowind for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Are you kidding me? That's the exact same address I've been using for years (different phone number).

The two of ye have been housemates for years and ye didn't even know.

The two of ye have been housemates for years and ye didn't even know.

I know! Explains the missing jaffa cakes at least... :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

It went down to €5 in the xmas sale

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Mister Man wrote: »
    Tried adding an address in America, and saved just now. It only ever lets me sign-in then hands for a while, and brings me to that error page. Never get a chance to pick address or payment method! I think that deal is gone soon too! :(

Any ideas on this? I've changed my address to a USA one, but still get the same error page, before I get to select my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I was struggling to think of an address and a certain Simpsons episode came to mind - http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/123_Fake_Street

I forgot how I generated the ZIP code though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

For Amazon.com use the followng to generate a fake address Fake name generator. Make sure to pick a state without sales tax.
    It went down to €5 in the xmas sale
    It should be at least 75% off in the summer sale. For the sake of €1.79 extra I'm findng it difficult not picking it up now. I have a hunger for a more in depth Tamriel RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, every single time I check this thread in the last few days I get disappointed. Its all about fake amazon shiet....

I was struggling to think of an address and a certain Simpsons episode came to mind - http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/123_Fake_Street

I forgot how I generated the ZIP code though.

Yeah, that episode inspired me too. I picked Nome because I had just seen some movie set there (some piece of crap but can't think of the name now), and looked up the corresponding zip for it.

Oh yeah, bargains. Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition (PC/Steam) for €6.75ish.

Edit: The Fourth Kind was the movie set in Nome.

Okay, every single time I check this thread in the last few days I get disappointed. Its all about fake amazon shiet....

Amid it all I got Dishonored for about €9 so I'm pretty pleased :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Sarn wrote: »
    For Amazon.com use the followng to generate a fake address Fake name generator. Make sure to pick a state without sales tax.

It should be at least 75% off in the summer sale. For the sake of €1.79 extra I'm findng it difficult not picking it up now. I have a hunger for a more in depth Tamriel RPG.
    It's more than worth it either way man, it's easily the best Elder Scrolls game to date also if you have Oblivion and you have already played through Morrowind you should check out Morroblivion its a project started years ago that allows you to play Morrowind through the Oblivion engine.

You should also keep an eye on Morroblivion.com to keep up to date with their projects Skywind and Skyblivion, which when finished will allow you to play Morrowind and Oblivion through the Skyrim engine :D, it's in early Alpha atm but if you own a copy of Morrowind and Skyrim your able to download the mod so you can wander around the world of Morrowind and see how awesome it looks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Yeah, that episode inspired me too. I picked Nome because I had just seen some movie set there (some piece of crap but can't think of the name now), and looked up the corresponding zip for it.

Oh yeah, bargains. Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition (PC/Steam) for €6.75ish.

Edit: The Fourth Kind was the movie set in Nome.

I just look at accomodation websites in the US and picked an address from there, seemed the easiest as it had the postcode and phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The Alan Wake franchise is just €3.60 on steam right now for whoever missed the last sale and still needs/wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

You should also keep an eye on Morroblivion.com to keep up to date with their projects Skywind and Skyblivion, which when finished will allow you to play Morrowind and Oblivion through the Skyrim engine

Skywind is half the reason I was thinking of picking it up again. Not to mention that I never played the expansions back in the day. In the end I caved and bought it last night.

Oblivion GOTY now for 6.80 on steam! Hopefully Skyrim next??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Batman arkham asylum goty is €5 on gmg about €4 after 20% off. You can get it for £2 if you use a proxy.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/action/batman-arkham-asylum-game-year/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Gamefly sale on today
    Hitman: Absoltuion - 4.99 GBP (€5.84)
    Borderlands 2 - 9.99 GBP (€11.70)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rcazzy

Gamefly is destroying me with these sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

rcazzy wrote: »
    Gamefly is destroying me with these sales!

I shall light a candle and say a prayer for you when the Steam Sale begins then. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

has anyone seen the battlefield 3 premium going cheap for the pc

(i have the base game so just need the premium service)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement