Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Achilles wrote: »
    Nobody wants that copy of Shenmue?

No thanks, already have a copy of forklift driving simulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Bah, it feels like a waste just keeping the discs as spares.

Anyway forklift races are AWESOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Nobody wants that copy of Shenmue?

I'd be interested !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ianobeano wrote: »
    I'd be interested !:)

It's yours if you want it, just incase you missed it though it's in the following condition:

Disc 1 is tempermental, usually requires a good cleaning before it'll boot.
    No cardboard sleeve. The case for discs 3 and 4 has a self made repro'd inlay.

Other than that it's fine! :-)

It's yours if you want it, just incase you missed it though it's in the following condition:

Disc 1 is tempermental, usually requires a good cleaning before it'll boot.
    No cardboard sleeve. The case for discs 3 and 4 has a self made repro'd inlay.

Other than that it's fine! :-)

Yeah that's fine, bang us a PM to arrange and cheers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'll 100 percent buy that candy purplec has up if it was still around the middle of next month. Already spent an insane amount on airsoft stuff this month so cant really stick 900 or there abouts down on a new cab.

Not much chance of it still being around by them me thinks :(

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'll 100 percent buy that candy purplec has up if it was still around the middle of next month. Already spent an insane amount on airsoft stuff this month so cant really stick 900 or there abouts down on a new cab.

Another cab !? One each side of the fireplace ? And airsoft to defend them with ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,529 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have you played in any skirmishes yet? Man, I miss that so much. Stupid gammy leg ruining my dressing up like an army man and shooting people fun! :(

Fingers crossed the cab is still there mid next month. It's about time you got a second ;)

Another cab !? One each side of the fireplace ? And airsoft to defend them with ?:)

Yeah, I think they'd look pretty sweet next to each other as they are almost the same cab. One vert and one hori. Feck it, I spent the price of 2 or 3 candies on airsoft gear this month. If only this had come up a week ago :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    Have you played in any skirmishes yet? Man, I miss that so much. Stupid gammy leg ruining my dressing up like an army man and shooting people fun! :(

Fingers crossed the cab is still there mid next month. It's about time you got a second ;)

Not that many really. Am heading out to the G&G event on Sunday in Stamullin which should be good and then maybe doing an overnight Zombie thing on the 1st of June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Just spotting now the atomiswave you're all talking about!

The atomiswave is a lovely machine and it only has a few of down points based on my experience of owning one.

The geometry may not be spot on due to the "industry" and not for home use nature of the chassis and monitor. Curling is likely but not a given. Purplec's could be bang on though!

Its a bitch to rotate with a high risk of necking. Andrew has more experience here but its defo a one time only event.

Its a one player only panel by default and for all intents and purposes the two player route is a repro one. This makes it difficult to source parts but can be done with patience and money. Purplec has that covered though here!

With a step down included and what looks like a good condition cab, this is a no brainer for the right person!

bucuo wrote: »
    [url=[/url]

h3231711F

Master of the Universe

The atomiswave is a lovely machine and it only has a few of down points based on my experience of owning one.

The geometry may not be spot on due to the "industry" and not for home use nature of the chassis and monitor. Curling is likely but not a given. Purplec's could be bang on though!

Its a bitch to rotate with a high risk of necking. Andrew has more experience here but its defo a one time only event.

Its a one player only panel by default and for all intents and purposes the two player route is a repro one. This makes it difficult to source parts but can be done with patience and money. Purplec has that covered though here!

With a step down included and what looks like a good condition cab, this is a no brainer for the right person!

One thing I'll also say about an Atomiswave (and any other cab that shape) they're a lot bigger than they look in photos! When I originally got one, we were trying to find a small replacement for a Leisure 2000 which was sitting in my folks house.

The Atomiswave wasn't as tall, but feck are they stout! With the CP attached you'd really want to make sure you have enough room for one.

Beautiful cabinet though. With the tri sync and VGA in you can do so much with them.

I swapped the monitor in my Egret 3 on my own. Should be handy enough to rotate the screen me thinks as long as the person is careful and not built like a twig :D

Master of the Universe

25 inch monitors FTW! :pac:

So the atomiswave has a 29" trisync?
    nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

urbanledge wrote: »
    nice

Correct. Very nice at 31hz in fact!

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    nice

Doooo ittttt :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I swapped the monitor in my Egret 3 on my own. Should be handy enough to rotate the screen me thinks as long as the person is careful and not built like a twig :D

I helped Andrew tate his, have to say it wasn't too bad at all provided you plan it & take your time :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Doooo ittttt :pac::pac:

Dont do it, nobody do it until next month :D

• Advertisement

I'm tempted,
    Since I do have space now...
    who here has a Naomi?
    for some reason I want one.With the net dim or CF cards.
    Verity is the spice of life I suppose!

Master of the Universe

I'd be the same as yourself in that regard - limited space, so would like as much variety between cab types as possible. You already have the E2 so yeah, an Atomiswave is extremely similar. If you like the look of Naomis then go with a New Net City :)

Whats the difference between the 2 ?
    I might be able to get a naomi for half the price of a nnc (from ronnie)

Master of the Universe

(NNC has a tri sync, Naomi doesn't.

NNC is also cut down to look like a standard candy whereas a stock Naomi stands really tall.

Jeez they are seriously tall arn't they - http://img20.exs.cx/img20/7871/kitchenarcade18bz.jpg

EnterNow wrote: »
    Jeez they are seriously tall arn't they - http://img20.exs.cx/img20/7871/kitchenarcade18bz.jpg

That's just showing off..... :P

That's just showing off..... :P

Can't say I like it all that much, prefer the Astro beside it

Master of the Universe

They sure do!

Look at home in a western arcade with stand up machines but pretty odd beside sit down Japanese ones.

NNC on the other hand -

cab2r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

That cab would have been mine already only I don't have the room for it downstairs, at the moment. The only place it could go would be upstairs and I'll be damned if I'm lugging that thing up there.

• Advertisement

The NNC is a nice enough compromise, what kinda dollars are we talking on average for one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement