Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

doubledown wrote: »
    I'd normally agree with you (Empire even gave Crystal Skull 4 stars!) but on this occasion the reviews are justified.

It IS that good. A cracking superhero movie and easily the best of the Iron Man series.

Script good? Black's involvement is the biggest drawing factor for me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,154 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    Script good? Black's involvement is the biggest drawing factor for me.

I basically want an FX driven version of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Mickeroo wrote: »

Well, it's close! Many of the Shane Black hallmarks are there -
    Christmas setting, witty voice-over, Hollywood in-jokes and references

I heard about the setting alright, cited now :D

Mickeroo wrote: »

That movie really doesn't get enough love, nor does The Last Boy Scout, which is basically the Die Hard sequel that never was. I might watch it tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Tickets booked for 00:01 tonight..... CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Going at 00.05 tonight. My first time at such an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tickets booked for 00:01 tonight..... CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
    Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Going at 00.05 tonight. My first time at such an event.
    Clearly. You'll be 4 minutes later than everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ah he will only miss that annoying lotto add

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I wonder will they play the Man Of Steel trailer... I've seen it about 50 times but I want to see it on the big screen

• Advertisement

I wonder will they play the Man Of Steel trailer... I've seen it about 50 times but I want to see it on the big screen

Prob not since its Warner/DC, you'll prob get the Thor 2 trailer though. Guess it depends on the cinema though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

krudler wrote: »
    Prob not since its Warner/DC, you'll prob get the Thor 2 trailer though. Guess it depends on the cinema though.

Don't know if they still can with digital but it used to be the case that whoever was making up the film just stuck in whatever trailers they thought best.

Don't know if they still can with digital but it used to be the case that whoever was making up the film just stuck in whatever trailers they thought best.

Yeah, I used to work in a cinema years ago and hung around the projection room far more than I was supposed to :pac: loads of trailer reels lying around most of em never got used, not sure how it works now if they're attached to the film from the distributor or what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Iron Man 3 is the most mature and grown up of all of Marvel Studios movies. The trailers are totally misleading and do not tell the true nature of the movie. Easily the best of the trilogy. Cannot wait to see it again at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Thought it was a bit crap to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

budgemook wrote: »

Watched it about an hour ago. Really enjoyed it. Well, definitely better than pt 2, but that wasn't hard.

One or two bits could have been done with out. But over all, good fun and a different side to Tony is shown, something the comic have touched on numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

For those that complained the trailer gave away too much there certainly one twist that you wont see coming. Quicky review. Thoroughly entertaining, strong performances all round and possibly the best of the Ironman franchise.

Also the credits at the end are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Slightly diff Man of Steal trailer to what I've seen already. Also had Star Trek, and Wolverine trailers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Agreed, The Mandarin was a massive let down, Guy Pearce can feck off and whoever wrote the soundtrack should be beaten!
    I found the whole thing tiresome in the end, the last battle was dreadful, lots of explosions and just a bit m'eh.

I enjoyed the previous one, but the film this should be compared to is The Avengers and on that this film is an epic FAIL.

But good to see Pepper in the later outfit, I think Tony pointed it out too....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

For those that complained the trailer gave away too much there certainly one twist that you wont see coming. Quicky review. Thoroughly entertaining, strong performances all round and possibly the best of the Ironman franchise.

Also the credits at the end are fantastic.

FFS. Telling someone there's a twist ruins the concept of a twist. Spoiler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I've been avoiding all the trailers and TV spots since the 2nd trailer as I was getting annoyed at how much was been given away. This was working for me till a TV spot flashed up yesterday evening (I should have looked away but that seemed a bit OTT) showing a huge surprise I wasn't expecting involving Pepper Pots :mad:

I'm quite excited to see Man of Steel and Star Trek. Iron Man 3... I'm looking forward to seeing what order they put the scenes in that I already know are going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

A Neurotic wrote: »
    FFS. Telling someone there's a twist ruins the concept of a twist. Spoiler.

Every film has a twist!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Every film has a twist!

:mad: Well thanks for ruining every film ever!

Seriously though, not every film has a twist and most films that do are subtle and generally don't warrant people commenting that "ooh, there's a twist". When someone does make such a comment, I'm intrigued but I find I'm spending half my time during the movie trying to figure out what this twist could be. Neither of the other Iron Man movies had a twist (at a stretch, Iron Man - Tony revealing his secret in the very last scene) so it's not like people should be expecting one going into Iron Man 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Watched it last night - I quite enjoyed it. As others have said it's best to go into it with as little knowledge about the plot as you can.

Definitely funnier than the other two (for a midnight screening there was a lot of laughter in some of the scenes)

But for me the action in the Iron Man films really lacks something - Like the other 2 films I found it underwhelming, a bit soulless and forgettable at times.

Out of all the Iron Man's I'd rank it better than the other two but not a patch on the Avengers or Thor.

Go See It!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,073 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A little underwhelmed by IM3 to be honest.
    Didn't like the way they used the extremis storyline.
    Absolutely HATED the Mandarin reveal as an actor - supposed to be one of Iron Mans biggest foes and you do THAT?
    Didn't like them blowing up the Iron Man suits at the end.
    Didn't like them removing Tony's Arc heart.
    Didn't quite understand how multiple explosions didn't kill Pearce's character but getting hit with a bat and another explosion from Pots did.

Will be interesting to see if/how the extremis story will carry over into IM4 (assume there will be one) and Avengers 2; is Pots cured of it, or just the glitch. Did Tony upgrade himself with it, as he does in the comics?

Also, with the Clean Slate protocol - what becomes of Iron Man itself, he says he is still Iron Man and that can't be taken away, but it certainly seemed like he was saying good bye to that part of his life.

Would recommend seeing it in 2d, unless the Savoy print is particular dark - found the movie lacked visual clarity and feel the darked glasses and reduction in light generally associated with 3D prints were the causes of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

I dont know how to do spoilers so if you havint seen it then just skip this post...

as a film to just walk in to off the street it was very good,lotta action,goodish storyline and funnier then any other marvel film..it did come across a bit like a fantastic four film with the extremis thing i felt but maybe thats because i didnt read the comics..
    but as someone who is into the marvel world and the avengers and that i was underwhelmed..the first 5 films all led to the avengers and i presumed the second loop was going to lead to avengers 2 but this didnt look to go that way..i know its early days in this loop but still..bar 2 or 3 lousy references there wasnt anything like i was hoping for to tie into more films or avengers 2
    Maybe im just bein too hard on it,ill go see it again in 2 weeks with my young lad and see how i feel then
    the way i described it last nite was this:its like bein promised a brand new lamborghini but then bein given a corolla..your still glad ya got something but you cant help thinkin about what could have been..

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Have to say I really enjoyed it - saw it in iSense so will be going to see in IMAX at the weekend :D

Really thought it was the best of the trilogy.

Did anyone else see the credits for the Visual Effects - Fook me that was a long list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Going to see this at the weekend, I am assuming there is a post credit scene which I should wait for?
    Is it right at the end or just after the director and main cast names?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dogski

Seen it last night, honestly think it was abit of disaster , Iron Man (great) Iron Man 2 (alright, abit long) Iron Man 3 (disaster)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Thanos wrote: »
    Going to see this at the weekend, I am assuming there is a post credit scene which I should wait for?
    Is it right at the end or just after the director and main cast names?

Right at the end!

Advertisement