Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Bitch about daily life in NUIG!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I actually use those bio-chem toilet early in the morning most days and I've always found them to be fine smell and cleanliest wise.

Maybe as the day, and their usage, goes on they start to back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭yer man!

I try to avoid it, I also noticed urine stains on the lights above (as in, in the ceiling) the urinal, lovely...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

yer man! wrote: »
    I try to avoid it, I also noticed urine stains on the lights above (as in, in the ceiling) the urinal, lovely...

Even in my prime, I don't think I would have been able to piss on the ceiling...

The people in the bathroom above you would probably have no bother, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

The water fountains in the library are wrecking my head. The water flow is so slow it takes 5 minutes to fill up a bottle and the queues are getting ridiculous too. Does anyone know what the problem is? Can they not fill up fast enough or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

****ing every student in the IT labs are non IT students -_- can't access the IT drives anywhere else in the col. So glad they can all get their ebay, youtube and facebooking done. prícks

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    ****ing every student in the IT labs are non IT students -_- can't access the IT drives anywhere else in the col. So glad they can all get their ebay, youtube and facebooking done. prícks

Hear hear.

Last week I saw an Arts student take a sh!t in the jacks in the Earth and Ocean Dept!
    What bloody cheek; I made him remove it from the toilet bowl and piss off back to the Arts Millennium building with it in a Tesco bag.
    Some people.

Hear hear.

Last week I saw an Arts student take a sh!t in the jacks in the Earth and Ocean Dept!
    What bloody cheek; I made him remove it from the toilet bowl and piss off back to the Arts Millennium building with it in a Tesco bag.
    Some people.

The IT bldg computers are the only computers in the college where one can access the IT students drives. There are copious amounts of students from other disciplines who have unplugged perfectly good computers to reserve desk space and not use it. Well. I did see this one guy buy something on ebay. If they just want to read notes or hold a seat theres a perfectly good open and empty lecture hall less than 20ft away.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Why do they insist on sending us every. single. survey under the sun. Today's one is really dodgy too. Place my social standing on this scale? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭yer man!

The water fountains in the library are wrecking my head. The water flow is so slow it takes 5 minutes to fill up a bottle and the queues are getting ridiculous too. Does anyone know what the problem is? Can they not fill up fast enough or something?

The filter take in mains water into a small tank in the unit that cools it, this is emptying so quickly with all the use that it slows it down to try and replenish the cool water. Have you tried the room temp tap, the white one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

keesa wrote: »
    Why do they insist on sending us every. single. survey under the sun. Today's one is really dodgy too. Place my social standing on this scale? Seriously?
    Sometimes I wonder have I missed out on much by diverting every single college email to my trash bin. Probably a few nailed on chances to win an iPad or something.

• Advertisement

The IT bldg computers are the only computers in the college where one can access the IT students drives.
    Well that isn't really the fault of non-IT students, as you probably know the IT admin setup in the college can be piss poor in some regards.
    A couple of weeks back I had to use a software program used to interpret ground penetrating radar. The only computer suite to have this software installed is in the Cairnes building, which being pretty much as far away as possible from the Earth and Ocean dept seems a bit bizarre as I guess that particular software is mostly used by EOS students.
    There are copious amounts of students from other disciplines who have unplugged perfectly good computers to reserve desk space and not use it. Well. I did see this one guy buy something on ebay. If they just want to read notes or hold a seat theres a perfectly good open and empty lecture hall less than 20ft away.
    To me study related surfing combined with written study is acceptable in the suites.
    However;students who unplug computers to make more space for themselves are taking the piss. You shouldn't hesitate in sitting down, plugging the computer back in and telling them to fcuk off if they pipe up. You'd be well within your rights.

Well that isn't really the fault of non-IT students, as you probably know the IT admin setup in the college can be piss poor in some regards.
    A couple of weeks back I had to use a software program used to interpret ground penetrating radar. The only computer suite to have this software installed is in the Cairnes building, which being pretty much as far away as possible from the Earth and Ocean dept seems a bit bizarre as I guess that particular software is mostly used by EOS students.
    To me study related surfing combined with written study is acceptable in the suites.
    However;students who unplug computers to make more space for themselves are taking the piss. You shouldn't hesitate in sitting down, plugging the computer back in and telling them to fcuk off if they pipe up. You'd be well within your rights.

Ah no i completely agree but actually earlier when I was using a mates computer I saw a guy watching a tom cruise movie on his laptop with a computer plugged out for his charger ffs. in IT102 earlier today there was something like 3 IT computers in use and the rest plugged out for laptops or people just sitting in front of computers they cant log in on with notes. That and vacant spots with a school bag on the desk "reserving it" might go mock up a "30 min rule" sign :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Ah no i completely agree but actually earlier when I was using a mates computer I saw a guy watching a tom cruise movie on his laptop with a computer plugged out for his charger ffs. in IT102 earlier today there was something like 3 IT computers in use and the rest plugged out for laptops or people just sitting in front of computers they cant log in on with notes. That and vacant spots with a school bag on the desk "reserving it" might go mock up a "30 min rule" sign :P

Sometimes there's actually a problem with the machine - I'm an IT student and I'm studying in a different lab. I have the PC turned off as there's a problem with the log in (on a few of the machines here, actually) and I've my laptop and my notes in front of me. This might look bad to someone, but if the machine was working I would be using it. Just from the other side!

I also echo the bathroom-related sentiments. Rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Sometimes there's actually a problem with the machine - I'm an IT student and I'm studying in a different lab. I have the PC turned off as there's a problem with the log in (on a few of the machines here, actually) and I've my laptop and my notes in front of me. This might look bad to someone, but if the machine was working I would be using it. Just from the other side!

I also echo the bathroom-related sentiments. Rotten.
    True, there are quite a few IT computers, particularly in 102 that have "trust issues" of all things. But today was just a complete pisstake with the amount of perfectly good computers plugged out. Why can't these people just go to 125G across the bloody hall?!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

From being in there a few times its the non i.t students who are actually doing work! I had to leave because the i.t students were constantly laughing, talking, watching videos on youtube with no earplugs, shouting at one another, watching tv programmes online and evening playing cards! They have zero consideration for anyone trying to study! Maybe you should ask them to free up a seat since they are clearly at nothing! All the general access suites are being used for exams so thats why there are non i.t people in them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

But I.T labs aren't for studying?

sea_monkey wrote: »
    But I.T labs aren't for studying?

Clearly. It seems all they are used for is catching up on last nights tv.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

So you agree they are not for studying yet you are complaining about people making noise and watching tv when you want to study?

My brain....

sea_monkey wrote: »
    So you agree they are not for studying yet you are complaining about people making noise and watching tv when you want to study?

My brain....

Sarcasm.

cat_xx wrote: »
    From being in there a few times its the non i.t students who are actually doing work! I had to leave because the i.t students were constantly laughing, talking, watching videos on youtube with no earplugs, shouting at one another, watching tv programmes online and evening playing cards! They have zero consideration for anyone trying to study! Maybe you should ask them to free up a seat since they are clearly at nothing! All the general access suites are being used for exams so thats why there are non i.t people in them.

emm from my 3 years exp of being an IT student the IT students usually use the IT dept computers it's other students who use laptops largely. Its upon these laptops I've witnessed the harrowing events transpire like people watching Tom Cruise, UFC or 3 hours of Youtube Football highlights. In IT 101 three guys were taking up 3 comps and 3 chairs but just sitting around 1 laptop watching football while me and a mate were kneeling whilst using an IT dept computer. PS theres no rule of silence in the IT labs. They are usually used for discussion (usually projects assignments etc)

• Advertisement

cat_xx wrote: »
    Them working isn't the issue. It's them plugging out computers, the only ones in the whole college that can be used to access IT accounts, and using laptops instead when there's a perfectly good, usually empty lecture theatre no more than 20 yards across the hall. You don't need a lab to study, but the labs are needed to access IT accounts. Which is why it would be nice if all non-IT students f**ked off out of them.

In my lab, I looked up (from my IT study ;) ) and across the room, there was one girl taking a photo of three other girls, who were posing for said photo!

I can imagine the post on FB,

OMG lol studyin sooooooooo hard lol cnt w8 to gt bk to candy crush lollllllll - with 3 other ******s in the IT Building at NUI Galway

If one of those girls reads this, hi, how's it going? Nothing is less cool than you taking a group photo in a lab!

Also, this lab is like an oven - no windows and no aircon. That's my other bitch!

In my lab, I looked up (from my IT study ;) ) and across the room, there was one girl taking a photo of three other girls, who were posing for said photo!

I can imagine the post on FB,

OMG lol studyin sooooooooo hard lol cnt w8 to gt bk to candy crush lollllllll - with 3 other ******s in the IT Building at NUI Galway

If one of those girls reads this, hi, how's it going? Nothing is less cool than you taking a group photo in a lab!

Also, this lab is like an oven - no windows and no aircon. That's my other bitch!

Youre in the same lab as me so :pac: What about them lads by the door who come in every day and watch BBall and UFC. :P

Youre in the same lab as me so :pac: What about them lads by the door who come in every day and watch BBall and UFC. :P

*looks around suspiciously looking for someone who looks like a Timmy...*

At least they're quiet, you gotta give em that! I can handle whispering, don't mind it at all but when it's deadly quiet and then someone just starts talking at normal voice it seems odd - if I did that, I'd feel so bad about how I just broke a nice silence :/

At least they're quiet, you gotta give em that! I can handle whispering, don't mind it at all but when it's deadly quiet and then someone just starts talking at normal voice it seems odd - if I did that, I'd feel so bad about how I just broke a nice silence :/

Think Timmy is particularly adept at talking as loud as humanly possible to annoy others. In fairness to the UFC brigade they are quiet. Some beautiful people in here today it must be said :pac:

its like whos who. ... Do they have a moustache :pac:

its like whos who. ... Do they have a moustache :pac:

I figured it out pretty easily tbh, the only donegal accent in the room!

I figured it out pretty easily tbh, the only donegal accent in the room!

Ah fer F**K sake. Right. Figure out who WallyGUFC is .

Ah fer F**K sake. Right. Figure out who WallyGUFC is .

I have an idea but I'll find out for sure tomorrow :) I love this game, I call it 'research' :D

• Advertisement

I have an idea but I'll find out for sure tomorrow :) I love this game, I call it 'research' :D

Right theres five people left in the room. Have you left the room? Are you ...wait a minute... are you....me?

Advertisement