Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Usually I leave the shows with a buzz, a sense of "Jesus, I want to do that." Tonight, I left thinking "****ing kids, I'm glad it's over for 6 months".

You sound like the biggest kid there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

srm23 wrote: »
    You sound like the biggest kid there tbh.

+1

It's a show aimed at kids. (Even though I loved the one I was at in November). Let them enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Westling is not exclusively a kid's show. Paying nearly 80 euro for a ticket I don't expect my view to be blocked by kids who won't sit down. People are warned that they should get tiered seats for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Might be worth getting tiered tickets if ringside is a known mess constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

JrdanB wrote: »
    Nice! Where exactly is corporate box located? From your experience of being at the taping events are there many signs on the same side as the hard camera? Also what are security like in the 02 in London? Are they strict with the ole bag checks? Want to try smuggle in a highish end DSLR.

Our box is a little right of centre on the hard camera view so in the 10 O'Clock direction of the wrestlers walking out. I don't recall many signs on the hard camera side but obviously lots on the side the hard camera was facing.

The security at the O2 here will search all bags but they mostly seem to be looking for alcohol and weapons. I've never seen them take a camera off someone

• Advertisement

if ringside is a known "kids zone" and there are great views to be had
    from tiered seats, why don't the adults not there with kids simply book tiered seats, is it important to them to pat a sweaty man on the back as he walks by?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

Thought it was a good night. Little fella really enjoyed it and I must say I did too. Was in row 4 so had a good view which was close enough to the action but elevated enough to not be impeded when everyone stood up. Will try for ringside row closest to the ring for November :-)
    Some pics from the day attached

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

I'm cheesed off that I didn't check out boards today as I was in Dublin with junior for several hours and just killing time. If I'd have known the hotel I would have wandered down and he would have got a great kick seeing them pre the show....next time :-)

some more pics attached

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

What's the story with the hotel guys? Do you have to be a guest in the hotel to meet the wrestlers? Just so I know next time! Thanks lads

What's the story with the hotel guys? Do you have to be a guest in the hotel to meet the wrestlers? Just so I know next time! Thanks lads

i dont think staying in the hotel means you get to meet them,
    usually creeps here find out where they're staying and creep around
    & then accost them as they go about their business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Didn't end up going myself had a panic attack queueing at Smyths earlier and didn't feel great, Jebus I hate crowds. I have been once in the middle of floor seats twice at ringside, once Dublin and once Belfast and 4 times in the old balcony seats at the point, I also went to the rds show, that was the worst, second to this was both ringside times, too many kids and idiots kicking and so on to get to the barricade where one out of every 50 gets to touch the wrestlers going on by.

I really wish the kids and adults would behave as they do on tv,remain in your seating area, don't act like you are in a bloody mosh pit. Did they give the dates for the Autum shows at the end, I think I will go to either Raw or Smackdown in the UK instead of the point next time around. It will be better structured and better security.

Rant over.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

srm23 wrote: »
    if ringside is a known "kids zone" and there are great views to be had
    from tiered seats, why don't the adults not there with kids simply book tiered seats, is it important to them to pat a sweaty man on the back as he walks by?

Bollocks, the man pays for ticket so is entitled to some semblance of enjoyment. I was in the tiered seating last night but I felt for those getting caught up in the mob of wains at ringside, patents need **** imo, crowd of unruly kids egged on by their folks from what I saw.

How do kids know to run to the barrier as if it's the norm? The Parents.
    My 10yr old who was at his first wrestling event even commented that it was out of order lol. I know I'd be making a point of protecting my space if I say seated there and deal with the parents as required.

The only 2 WWE shows Ive gone to is Raw 2004 and Smackdown 2005 (RDS)

Reading his thread I'm glad I had tired seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KuriousOranj

Will post in more detail in the morning, since it's late, I'm tired and want to go to bed.

The show itself was decent enough. With the weaker card, I had hoped for more than the one promo (from DB), though Regal also said a few words. You could probably look at the card and write the show yourself, but thats part and parcel of house shows.

I'm debating whether or not to bother sending a letter of complaint to as many places I can think of (Ticketmaster, O2 Area, WWE, FSM, Powerslam, etc) after the experience I had with kids though.

I was row b, seat 1. Right on the aisle. In theory, I should have been able to take one step right, one step forward and I'd be at the barricade. But from the offset, it was clear that was never going to happen. Just swarms of kids, worse than usual. I know I always rant about them, but it felt far worse tonight. Every match, every time there was a false finish, there was runners. At the end of the second, one kid ran forward, slipped and delievered a picture perfect POUNCE! to my gut, which hurt all night and has left me bruised. Around the third, one kid spewed on the ground in the aisle, and onto my pants. Not covered in it, but enough to leave a rotten smell there for the rest of the show. They shoved, pushed, punched, clawed, kicked and mauled their way up to the barricade.

Worse, several were being whole-heartily encouraged by parent to go running up. There were several kids of about 5 or 6 who were up to my knee, and were being shoved into the melee of a crowd. A chunk of them would get caught in a no-mans land though, and I know I hit two accidently with elbows. It was criminal how some parents were allowing their kids to run up and down with such horrible disrespect.

But I'm 26 and a big guy. I could push them away when they got too frisky. The 6 year old in the front row in front of me couldn't. First WWE show, and was thrilled before hand, telling me about his day meeting wrestlers at the hotel. Obviously excited to be there. And every time he'd stand up to move to the barricade (as was his right as a front row ticket holder), the poor kid had to engage in battle with some other kids. Several times, bigger kids (aged 10 or so) would try and shove him aside to get ahead of him. And on top of all that, someone stole his programme around match three.

It was little thugs. I blame the parents for it. From what I've read, the O2 staff have their hands tied by WWE, but even if WWE allow it, the way some kids behave is a joke. Worse, there was one parent abusing the security guy late on in the show for forcing kids back to their seats. The lack of respect for other people is shocking. It was nearly as bad as the experience I had with AWR in Dundalk. Nearly.

If you shell out 85 quid for a ticket, you should expect a better standard than that. It's the last time I go for front row seats tbh. Not worth it at all any more. Usually I leave the shows with a buzz, a sense of "Jesus, I want to do that." Tonight, I left thinking "****ing kids, I'm glad it's over for 6 months".

It's a show aimed at kids,like a panto or circus.Write your complaint to Ticketmaster,WWE or the 02 by all means,but they won't (quite rightly) give a shíte about it.

You've been posting in the pw forum here for a few years,and it's been mentioned by various posters that if you don't want to be disturbed by excited children trying to touch their heroes,you're better off in the tiered seats.

Also if the 6yo's parents had of taken TM's advice for young children not to sit on the ground level,he wouldn't have been pushed aside by ''little thugs'' as you hilariously put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

DJKendo wrote: »
    +1

It's a show aimed at kids. (Even though I loved the one I was at in November). Let them enjoy it.

He was complaining about how they behaved towards a 6 year old as well. As far as I'm concerned it's the parents who need giving out to; they should know better and be decent enough to respect other people and make sure their kids do the same.

that lad complaining was prob first up at the barrier throwing his weight around when he was young enough to get away with it so he could touch as wrestler

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nimmi182

Nope you dont. Myself and my fiance strolled towards the hotel at five jyst at the stage they were leaving. Pretty sweet experience :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

why on earth a 26 year old would be trying to get to the barricade unless it was to lift their child up to high five a wrestler is beyond me?
    It means the world to a 5 or 6 year old to get a high 5 off one of the wrestlers but the mind boggles when you see grown men leaning in over children to try get a high 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Hogey007 wrote: »
    why on earth a 26 year old would be trying to get to the barricade unless it was to lift their child up to high five a wrestler is beyond me?
    It means the world to a 5 or 6 year old to get a high 5 off one of the wrestlers but the mind boggles when you see grown men leaning in over children to try get a high 5.
    He is called a wrestling fan like my self I'm 26 too and a big fan of WWE .I'm sick of these kids behaving like animals at these live shows....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

wardy2 wrote: »
    He is called a wrestling fan like my self I'm 26 too and a big fan of WWE .I'm sick of these kids behaving like animals at these live shows....

didn't say there was anything wrong with them liking wrestling. what i said is at that age why on earth would you feel the need to climb over children to try get a high 5 off the wrestler? what is there to be gained from it? i can see why a child would be delighted but do you seriously go to work or the pub and tell your mates you "got 5 off daniel bryan" or whoever like a kid would go into school made up that he did?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Enjoyed the show although the match card was pretty weak.

Tiered seating in row 19 was pretty great, o2 is a decent venue for house shows!

Worst part was the vendors walking around. I was near the aisle and every single time they walked by either the candyfloss pole or the ice-cream sign would completely obstruct my view. Worst of all, they appeared to be attempting to interact with the kids as they walked by, the kids in front of us went ballistic a few times as they walked by but rightfully the dad was having none of their ridiculous prices. Seems quite underhanded to target the kids though...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    didn't say there was anything wrong with them liking wrestling. what i said is at that age why on earth would you feel the need to climb over children to try get a high 5 off the wrestler? what is there to be gained from it? i can see why a child would be delighted but do you seriously go to work or the pub and tell your mates you "got 5 off daniel bryan" or whoever like a kid would go into school made up that he did?

No offence, but if I'd enjoy getting a high five off the guys whose show I watch every week, and I've paid 85€ to do so, then that's my business and I'm not going to start justifying it to you.

I'll also stress that once it became clear (after the first match) that the kids were swarming up, I didn't actually push forward to the barricade. No point. So no trying to paint an image of a scene that wasn't happening please. In fact, often in the past where I've had front row, if there's a little kid who is polite and courteous, I more than happily make room for him to get in ahead of me. I have no problems letting in some kids cause I get it means more to them. They aren't the ones I have a problem with. And in fairness, there were plenty of kids there in my area last night who weren't verging on violent; who sat, watched the show and obviously loved being there without the need to ruin the show for others.

The ones who anger me are the ones kicking and shoving their way up with zero respect for others around them. Who invade the personal space of not just me in the second row, but the people who have paid their cash for a front row experience at, as was rightly point out, a kids panto; not a heavy metal mosh pit. You wouldn't see that behaviors at a kids panto. The little kid in front of me had an awful time being pushed and shoved round by other kids, who were grabbing at him and pulling him back. He was devastated that his program had been swiped. His mother was none to impressed with the battle every ten minutes either, nor with seeing the ridiculously priced items go walk about. I don't think it's being a kid to ask that parents teach their kids some manners and respect, both of other people and their property.

Furthermore, I'm amazed that more kids haven't got seriously hurt. The kid that flew into me slipped on the disgustingly wet floors (the floor at my feet was caked in liquid before I even sat down), and I saw a few others eat elbows.

It's one thing if kids swarm up the aisles and are polite and respectful, but it's feeding time at the zoo. They elbow and kick you (I've got a nice bruise on my ribs today), and when you bump into them, they throw looks at you as if to ask how dare you stand where your seat is. This thing that parents seem to think their kids enjoyment should take precedent over mine or the other kids is ridiculous. The way some were shoving and pushing their way past people in the front row was really bad behavior. I saw one OAP being shoved back into his seat at one stage without sign of an apology or anything.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sorry to hear that TSC. your more expensive seats were worse seats, wow. I was 4th row tier, fantastic view. Kids around me were well behaved but the row in front of me had a belligerent scumbag woman who was looking for a fight (and eventually got a guy to argue with her until security put her in her place) and my friend Steve got reprimanded for saying 'Kaitlyn's got a lovely bum' in front of his kids. Seriously.

I reckon with this much noise and energy, kids get aggressive and parents (who have absolutely no want to be at this loud event) are annoyed/short-tempered already. To my other side a mother left her kid in his seat by himself for long stretches of time while she was presumably at the bar.

Real impressed with the set, and the crowd were really generous (Kaitlyn got a great reception), I don't mind no Punk as much as no SHIELD and no Fahn-dahn-go disappointed me. Kids show so no lines at the bar = awesome. Peaked for me having dolph and Bryan in the same match. Overall as a wrestling show it was bad - that was always going to be the way - but I had a fun time.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

After WWE's last visit here, I was a bit reluctant to buy tickets but decided to bite the bullet at the last minute and got some seats in the upper tiers. I was actually surprised how good/comfortable the viewing experience was from there. The O2 really is a great venue.

However, I was really disappointed with the show itself. The matches/card was very weak. No Shield was very disappointing and I think it's the first time in a while that the Smackdown card seemed a hell of a lot stronger than Raw. What's the story with McGillicutty's appearances? The definition of filler! Would it have been better if they had split the Hell No v ZiggE into singles matches? I also hoped for some more promos from the big guys but that wasn't to be. Overall, I thought it was a 4, maybe 5/10 show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

and then theres......

Kane / Finlay / William Regal - not interested, straight out the door

and WORST of all ....

John f*cking Cena - place went mental when he came out of the lift, head down, right through the middle of the foyer in case, heaven forbid someone might touch off him. Couldn't believe it at all, he was the one most were waiting for. And his missus looked like a real c*nt too.

I'm not sure what you people expect of these guys.. You pay to see them and they put on a show. They do not owe you anything, and certainly don't have to to stand around outside their hotel signing autographs for you or your kids. I'm a huge wrestling fan, but I wouldn't dream of hanging around outside a hotel trying to 'meet' a wrestler and I certainly wouldn't encourage children to do so. If you happen to meet one by chance, great, but they are entitled to their personal space when staying at a hotel so leave them alone ffs!! Also, there's a reason why they hold official signings at toy stores, it's for children..

Regarding the show, thought it was quite poor. As someone else mentioned, there was very little mic interaction.. On the plus side, Dolph Ziggler is a f*cking superstar and deserves a massive push and Kaitlyn is super hot!!!

The kids around me were angels also.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If anyone sees or has any pics/vids of last night's show, please post. I didn't bring a camera. Cheers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that TSC. your more expensive seats were worse seats, wow. I was 4th row tier, fantastic view. Kids around me were well behaved but the row in front of me had a belligerent scumbag woman who was looking for a fight (and eventually got a guy to argue with her until security put her in her place) and my friend Steve got reprimanded for saying 'Kaitlyn's got a lovely bum' in front of his kids. Seriously.

Haha. We had one kid of about 10 who screamed "SHOW US YOUR PUPPIES!" to Kaitlyn early in her match. Cue loads of blustering parents trying to explain what he meant. Was funny.

On more positive notes, I don't think it was that bad a show from a wrestling standpoint. There's been better, but I've been to far worse too (Cena vs Khali). It was a typical house show show.

Will say that Dolph is a star now. Should be filling the spot Punk has left. I'd say he was second highest merch seller last night after Cena; blue shirts everywhere for him.

And as critical of the WWE title as I was at first, it's really shiney @_@ I want one now :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I'd say Dolphs T-Shirt sales were helped hugely back the lack of up to date alternatives on sale.

I was surprised they didn't bring Sandow or Cesaro shirts over Miz for example since they were on the show and older fans would have jumped at buying them over the rest imo.

The same Punk Shirt as November, and he wasn't there. After that it was only really dark Cena or Ryback shirts that anyone would want to buy so Dolphs gear stood out.

The event itself was okay. I thought the crowd were great in general. R-Truth starting things off was great, he milked the whats-ups and got everyone going. Slater played the heel well during that match.

Loved everyone getting behind Regal, even the kids who were influenced by the older lads. I don't think McGillicutty was on TV once since his last match in Ireland! He did well though and played uo to the crowd so the house show run is helping his development. Next stage is tv and some sort of persona other than guy with a beard.

8 person tag was good fun. Bellas are better in the ring than i ever noticed before. Naomi is probably stuck in the dancing role as i'm not sure any of the other Divas could keep up with her if she was a singles competitor. Good to see Labert/Sweet T having fun as in November he looked like a guy that had no interest in being in Dublin stuck in the awful Tensai rut.

Tag match was good with everyone doing a good job, Byan and Dolph stood out as you would expect. Big E really is enormous.

Main event was good, Ryback has some work to do it he is going to play the heel, he was stuck in this I still want to get some cheers for me mode. Maybe they will continue with that and just let people choose of they want to cheer Cena or Cheer Ryback. A couple of spots they had will look great on TV if they have a tables match down the line.

Enjoyed it, it was a little behind the last show as Team Hell no were not as much fun and Cena v Dolph was a great match in november but was worth the trip for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Well right firstly i am an avid follower every week of raw and smackdown and this was my first event to ever attend. I was massively disappointed over the last few days on hearing punk and the shield wouldnt be there!

But i have to say yesterday was class - like seriously I understand the faults that was there - i actually seen more kids doing wrong than most - in actual fact a grandmother and her grandson came in after the show started mid way through truth and slater who then preceded to stand up for long periods of time and also the grandmother left her grandson 3 times and looked back at me and my wife and said can you keep an eye on him! But i do think a lot of the problem has to come back to stewarts - like seriously they just stood around!

I stayed in the clarion last night - i didnt realise to the extent that we would see the superstars - got to talk to zigg when he was coming out to head to the show, i was the guy in the packers jersey like a kid in a sweet shop haha! cody, truth, brodus, bryan, big e, tamina and naomi were awesome with there time! they autographs and posed for photos! Sandow and Cessaro kept in character - cessaro walked straight out smiling - and sandow walked straight out and said something like "what a bunch of degenerates" - haha!! Cena didnt stop - didnt wave - talk - anything! I understand that he has his own personal time but still - its his character - he is a face - the MAIN Face of the company, a multi billion dollar company!! Obviously he was preoccupied with the trouble in boston but thats all that he had to say!

The event itself was great - we had seats in block D row 5 - so only 5 rows back so the seats were awesome - R-truth was great to get the crowd started and fair play to slater he does play the heel so well! Solid Match to start! Cessaro and Ryder was a solid match too - cessaro is a beast - he picked up ryder like he was mysterio!! haha - also ryder today missed the broski boot - like a good foot away from him! haha! Kaitlyn & Tamina was a typical divas match! Crowd popped for kaitlyn. Hell No vs zigg and big e was the match of the night for me - one cos im a massive zigg and bryan fan but also technically they done most in it. I was dissappointed that the only promos were done by hell no - would have enjoyed a solid zigg promo too!! it was a solid first half - but the second half was a lot less interesting - the 8 person tag match was good - its amazing how many people look at you when you cheer the heel!! when i shouted for zigg and cody kids and parents alike just turned around to see who shouted it!! haha!! Regal vs McGillicuddy - why is gill even in this match - like 2 people sitting beside me turned and asked why they never seen him before!! There was a good chant for regal from our side so that was cool! Ryback vs Cena was ok - like cena didnt look like he wanted to be there at all last night - and after the match he stayed in the ring for a min and was gone! didnt talk or anything!

All in all i enjoyed the show - the stage was good and the crowd was good! Only hoping that i can get the funds together to buy tickets for the front row in november!!

Went back to the hotel and the guys had a reserved section in the bar - cena and one of the bellas were having a drink there when we left so they must have chilled there for a while!

Advertisement