Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,575 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Same ole mugs too.
    I recognize the stain on one of them. Ferriter has it.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    He recorded a programme a couple of weeks ago with a studio audience but it has yet to be aired.

Mansergh is always good for a laugh.

How did Mansergh survive after being so close to Charlie?
    There are a lot of old FF dinosaurs being trotted out recently on our screens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Maastricht was after Thatcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

vicwatson wrote: »
    How in the..? I definitely saw this studio before (maybe with Sam Smyth in the hotseat)
    RayM wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. I'm almost certain that they randomly did a show in the new studio a few weeks ago, and then (inexplicably) returned to the old one the next day.

Right, I think I've gotten to the bottom of things. On March 21st last, Sam Smyth stood in for Vincent but on the same evening Vincent recorded a separate programme in the new HD studio. The programme was not broadcast on TV but was put up on the TV3 player. Mario even made an appearance :)
    Tonight with Vincent Browne
    A very special edition of Tonight with Vincent Browne recorded at the launch of the new Sony HD Studio, Dublin.
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 19:00
    Duration:00:41:45

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/41/60518/1/Tonight-with-Vincent-Browne

How did Mansergh survive after being so close to Charlie?
    There are a lot of old FF dinosaurs being trotted out recently on our screens.
    Yeah, it was funny seeing Gerry 'Albert, Please don't do it to the party' Collins on our screens again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

RayM wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. I'm almost certain that they randomly did a show in the new studio a few weeks ago, and then (inexplicably) returned to the old one the next day.

Knew I wasn't going mad !

14th March - VB Did a show from the new studio NOT Sam Smyth -

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/41/60315/1/Tonight-with-Vincent-Browne

and according to tv3 they broadcast the programme with the live studio audience on 21st March

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/41/60518/1/Tonight-with-Vincent-Browne

EDIT - I see the above post

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There isn't enough women to vote for?

Thatcher was certainly no feminist.

If women voted for women, then there would be a very good chance that any woman who runs as a candidate for a major party would always be elected. This doesn't happen. Deirdre Clune lost her seat in Cork South Central last time. If the women of Cork South Central came out and voted for her, she'd have topped the poll.

Yeah, it was funny seeing Gerry 'Albert, Please don't do it the party' Collins on our screens again :D

One of the funniest things I have seen on t.v. ever.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

The picture of him underneath the holy picture was the funniest ever!........

(I know you'll find it MrsD)..........;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

If women voted for women, then there would be a very good chance that any woman who runs as a candidate for a major party would always be elected. This doesn't happen. Deirdre Clune lost her seat in Cork South Central last time. If the women of Cork South Central came out and voted for her, she'd have topped the poll.

Why can't men vote for women?

I really don't understand your simplistic view. It's far more complicated.

• Advertisement

I'd love if someone stuck it up on You Tube, I only ever see it now when it pops up on 'Reeling in the Years'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 425 ✭✭Dreamertime

Noel Dorr never fails to remind of us of his own self importance.

I'd hate to have worked for a Sec Gen like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Listening to the door, he thinks that peace was brought about by his efforts, Get real the Brits would never have been force to the table, without the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Why can't men vote for women?

I really don't understand your simplistic view. It's far more complicated.

I voted for a woman at the last general election, not because she was a woman, but because she was a candidate who I had respect for. The fact that she was a woman was incidental.
    You're the one with the simplistic view, not me.

I Beg you Albert, Please don't 'burst the party'.

I remember watching that when it happened.
    Its up there with Brian Lenihan Senior's 'Mature Recollection' grave digging.

How the hell did the people of this country continue voting for such a shower of eejits ?

I'd love if someone stuck it up on You Tube, I only ever see it now when it pops up on 'Reeling in the Years'.

That and Sean Gallagher's " well if he did give me an envelope ..."

"Favourite t.v. clips" a new thread for you Mrs007.

Here's Harry's Jerry Hall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Woo Woooo Vinnie with your Tab !!

I'm not liking the tiny round table :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,311 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's like the deck of the USS Enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

if a woman voted for a woman just because the candidate was a woman then she would also be a moron, vote for the best candidate rather than whether they have a mickey or not

in any case most feminists think thatcher set their cause back bigtime by demonstrating that having a woman in charge wouldn't necessarily change a damn thing in terms of how ruthless, callous, incompetent, unfeeling, self-obsessed, inflexible the top dog could be

not sure though why they necessarily expected any woman would be more enlightened or talented or have more integrity

we're all as bad as each other, surely that's the essence of equality...other than that it's just a case of who can be bothered to get involved in the political game

Cool graphics dude.

sic.

Jesus Vinnie, spit it out man.

Bit of a crude headline from the Sun.

I'm quite giddy looking at this technical miracle :D

It's like the deck of the USS Enterprise.

"Beam me up Badges" to go when Vinnie goes ballistic on the poor unfortunates!!:D

Dying in the Ritz?.......:rolleyes:

Here's Harry's Jerry Hall :D

She's more like Mick Wallace :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

colette must be delighted that she can wear her red dress in the new studio, if she wore that in the old one, am i right in seeing she would have faded into the background and ended up looking like jeff bridges in an old movie called starman

She's more like Mick Wallace :P
    'From a distance' ;):D

• Advertisement

Ah, that table's to small. No hiding the dodgy bottom halves now!

At least Vincent got a new chair though....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement