Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Senecio wrote: »
    I had to make an unplanned trip to Tokyo for work, then 1 week turned to 2 so had a weekend to kill.

I picked up this Sekio SARZ021 in one of the many multi storey electronic and gadget shops. Cheap and cheerful at less than €140 and the first automatic I've added to my modest collection.

This is probably bad form quoting your own post , but here goes.

I'm back in Tokyo again. And seriously tempted to bring home another gift to myself. Any suggestion? Maybe an Orient?

On a different tangent, if anybody would like me to pick up a watch from this part of the world to bring back to Ireland, please PM me. I'm here to the 7th March and back again from the 18th to the 29th March.

Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A Seiko Ananta would be great, but I'd say they're a little dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

Just like to say that Creations Watches and its delivery partner FedEx provide an amazingly quick and efficient service... I ordered my Seiko on Tuesday at 2pm and it arrived this morning at 10am... Fantastic...

The 007 is a nice watch, however the stock strap is quiet uncomfortable for now and obviously needs a bit of wearing in. I will be replacing the existing strap with a liberty strap shortly and then the watch will be complete (apart from the Arabic date, which I shall get around to changing at some stage).

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

smokey20 wrote: »
    apart from the Arabic date, which I shall get around to changing at some stageimage.jpg

I think I'd keep the Arabic day wheel on the watch. It makes it different to all the other 007's out there.

Lots of strap options for that watch. Check out Seiko 007 on wjean mesh. It looks the biz IMO (http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/wjean-shark-mesh-skx007-detailed-pix-690512.html )

Great watch, well wear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Homer

Funny my 007 has the arabic date and I had it on the same mesh recently!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Eoin wrote: »
    A Seiko Ananta would be great, but I'd say they're a little dear!

Is that a suggestion for me or something to bring back for yourself? Out of my reach I'm afraid.

I'm heading in to the stores, see if anything catches my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

m4r10 wrote: »
    This is the reason 2 of my other watches have to go. Still have to read the manual and figure out all functions, should keep me busy for a few days!

I missed one one a while ago and jumped straight at this one. Even the wife likes it, although this falls in the "toys for boys" category!

Yes%2520Zulu%2520002.jpg

Win one here

Apologies about quoting the pic..... but it wouldn't make sense otherwise :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

tumblr_m54n0qOY2n1qer2cm.png

:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

My Universal Geneve addiction worsens. I have no idea what I'm going to use this for (I already have a Lemania stopwatch in the kitchen for timing eggs) but as soon as I saw the magic words on the dial I had to have it.
    2013-03-10%2013.30.04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I have no idea what I'm going to use this for ...

...as long as you don't screw it to the headboard ....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

My Universal Geneve addiction worsens. I have no idea what I'm going to use this for

Try it on a PVD NATO

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

The dial says Sultan's Armed Forces, The 10th National Day so an Omani military watch of sorts.

2013-03-09%2015.35.09.jpg
    DSC_7454.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

I know this is a long shot, but I don't suppose any of you have a steinhart ocean 44 on a black rubber strap?
    I'd love to see a shot

This one has featured on here before but it's just had a little bit of a sprucing up. Haven't seen it in the flesh yet; hopefully that will be next week.
    D20_6324_zps274f7f9c.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Niiice CB. I really like the early high quality quartz and transitional electronic stuff from the top makers. There was a time you could get them for peanuts too. Sadly not so much now, though IMHO many are still undervalued.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

CB I really like the watch.
    I had a Seiko Automatic 5 from the 70's that I loved and it was very much the same style. It literally fell off my wrist one night without me being able to find it.

This is very similar. How much do they go for as I would love to pick one up.

The Internet is chocked full of replicas I'd like to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I REALLY like this watch. I just spent an hour looking for it. The best I found was your thread on TZ-UK about it!!

Personally I also think they will be a VERY sought after watch in future.
    Do they go up for sale often?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,814 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

This one has featured on here before but it's just had a little bit of a sprucing up. Haven't seen it in the flesh yet; hopefully that will be next week.
    D20_6324_zps274f7f9c.jpg

Was oogling that on tz what a stunning piece

OEM deployant arrived for my portuguese and i took the opportunity to try it on a contrast stitch gator strap:

IMG_20130316_163435_zpsb86853f1.jpg
    IMG_20130316_163427_zpse8b3fed2.jpg
    IMG_20130316_163419_zpse0df908a.jpg
    IMG_20130316_163551_zps307ceeb7.jpg
    IMG_20130316_163613_zps0961e8d4.jpg
    IMG_20130316_163813_zps78915840.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Very very very nice cyrus...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Very very very nice cyrus...

Couldn't thank Cyrus's post twice so I had to thank your post..... Sorry for using you Lex.

Jaysis I love that watch!!

Funny the hands don't look as blue in your photos as they are in reality.. I've the standard issue blue leather deployant on mine and often wondered how a different colour strap would look. It's actually really nice. Need a new deployant for my recent Poljot purchase so might pick up something for the portuguese at the same time.

How easy was it to swap out the strap? I'd have a meltdown if I scratched the lugs trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

smokey20 wrote: »
    Couldn't thank Cyrus's post twice so I had to thank your post..... Sorry for using you Lex.

Jaysis I love that watch!!

I think when I finally get the funds to get one of these, I'll tell the wife its a replica...

Still one of the nicest watches I have ever seen...

Homer wrote: »
    Funny the hands don't look as blue in your photos as they are in reality.. I've the standard issue blue leather deployant on mine and often wondered how a different colour strap would look. It's actually really nice. Need a new deployant for my recent Poljot purchase so might pick up something for the portuguese at the same time.

How easy was it to swap out the strap? I'd have a meltdown if I scratched the lugs trying!

The lighting isn't great because the strap is a very dark navy as well only real difference is the white stitch.

Changing straps is fine I always use a decent bergeon tool and tape up the lugs, so far so good!

ah that explains it! looks black in the pics but so do the hands.

By the way I have a deployant for the IWC that you might like, I bought from the us, it is basically the same as my oem one without the branding at 15 percent of the price, let me know if it's of interest was going to put it up for sale next week

Took a few with my phone of my pam359 trying to capture the dark brown dial in the light

IMG_20130317_134007_zps5f664af4.jpg

IMG_20130317_134018_zps688b7ced.jpg

IMG_20130317_134055_zps8f7b0bd8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Cyrus wrote: »
    OEM deployant arrived for my portuguese and i took the opportunity to try it on a contrast stitch gator strap:

Every time I see that watch it reminds me how much I really want it

ye olde top slicing is due in next month...I think I know where its going

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

ah that explains it! looks black in the pics but so do the hands.

Nexus 4 camera combined with my skillz :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have quite a few watches and most if them get worn from time to time.

First is a pocket watch that belonged to my Granda who died in 1991. It's made by Ingersol and still keeps perfect time (when I wind it)

Second was his (my grandas) wrist watch. Made by Corsa. No idea if its worth much but it's priceless to me. It unfortunately doesn't work any more but it did when I got it first.

Third is my dads watch. It's a Certina Blue Ribbon. It's a beautiful little neat watch and I wear it on special occasions. I don't think the strap is the original but I think it suits the watch all the same.

Then we have my 'I don't care if I break it' watch. It's a waveceptor and so picks up the time by radio waves and is always accurate. It's the 2nd one if them I had as I lost the first and went and bought an identical one again. I love that the time and date are clearly displayed on it without having to press a button to get the date.

Last is a Seiko 'Honda F1 Team' watch. My wife bought me it as a wedding present. I love it to bits and as a result am scared stuff to wear it in case it gets marked or damaged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement