Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

lala88 wrote: »

So it was all McCarty's fault? Not the players who were the ones actually playing? Never heard them take any of the blame

Sean Og was poor in 2010 cleaned out in the league final and from what i remember in the semi final that year so maybe Dennis Walsh was basing it on that? Like i said plenty of players are dropped of county teams without reasons why should Sean Og think he should be different? Also whats the say there was a reason given and Sean Og just didn't say? Maybe Dennis Walsh was trying to blood new players and didn't want Sean Og in his plans? IS that so strange?

Seems to me it was just another excuse for him to undermined another manger, making comments about how they would do nothing that year etc

You know something the strikes are not to blame for Cork hurlings problems.County board negligence of underage hurling on the other hand as well as sycophantism and promotion of lackeys for the underage teams selectors and managerial jobs is an issue though but sure keep on blaming Sean Og.:rolleyes: btw The Cork county board dismantled the most professional management team in the history of Cork hurling to bring in Gerald McCarthy a man who was out of his depth with the demands of modern day intercounty hurling.ffs Bringing Joe Deane on with 5 minutes to go in that game against Tipp down the pairc when the game was already lost.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

I just looked at his previous posts LaLa88 is just some **** stirrer from Kerry.So he's not worth arguing with.My advice to him would be to keep his nose out of issues that he clearly knows nothing about.I have a big problem with a Kerry man coming on here and lecturing us about morals and hurling.:rolleyes: How dare this poisonous cretin come on here and make those disgraceful allegations and comments about Sean Og.JBM is doing what he feels is best for Cork hurling by going with a youth policy.Dennis Walsh dropping of Sean Og was an agenda driven decision by an inept manager who was out of his depth.

Edit I've just realised that Keane2097 is from Kerry is from Kerry.Ignore what i said there fella i just have an issue with you're fellow county man and his sanctimonious pontificating about an issue that he knows nothing about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

I just looked at his previous posts LaLa88 is just some **** stirrer from Kerry.So he's not worth arguing with.My advice to him would be to keep his nose out of issues that he clearly knows nothing about.I have a big problem with a Kerry man coming on here and lecturing us about morals and hurling.:rolleyes: How dare this poisonous cretin come on here and make those disgraceful allegations and comments about Sean Og.JBM is doing what he feels is best for Cork hurling by going with a youth policy.Dennis Walsh dropping of Sean Og was an agenda driven decision by an inept manager who was out of his depth.

Hang on, this tramp is from Kerry!:confused: Ha ha

Hang on, this tramp is from Kerry!:confused: Ha ha

Just search through his previous posts.He's probably one of the Healy Rae's!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Edit I've just realised that Keane2097 is from Kerry is from Kerry.Ignore what i said there fella i just have an issue with you're fellow county man and his sanctimonious pontificating about an issue that he knows nothing about!

How do you know it was an agenda? From what iv seen the only man with an agenda here is Sean Og. Its funny Cork peoples answer is alway ''you dont know what your talking about'' why not tell us so? Or will you just ignore that too like everything else

• Advertisement

How do you know it was an agenda? From what iv seen the only man with an agenda here is Sean Og. Its funny Cork peoples answer is alway ''you dont know what your talking about'' why not tell us so? Or will you just ignore that too like everything else

Your are making disgraceful allegations.You have some cheek continuing this.How do i know it was agenda everyone in Cork knew it was an agenda.:rolleyes: Sean Og is a man that gave his life to Cork hurling he doesn't have to answer to a cretin like yourself.As for that bit in bold myself and others have given you you're answers and destroyed you're arguments but because you are a wum and a **** stirrer you will keep on attacking Sean Og regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Don't worry, we know we're animals!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

The Cork Senior Football team to play Down on Sunday is
    1. Ken O Halloran  Bishopstown
    2. Michael Shields st Finbarrs
    3. Eoin O Mahony Macroom
    4. Eoin Cadogan Douglas
    5. Tom Clancy Fermoy
    6. Noel O Leary Cil Na Matra
    7. Jamie O Sullivan Bishopstown
    8. Alan O'Connor St Colum's
    9. Aidan Walsh Kanturk
    10. Fintan Goold Macroom
    11. Ciaran Sheehan Eire Og
    12. Paul Kerrigan Nemo Rangers
    13. Barry O Driscoll Nemo Rangers
    14. Colm O Neill Ballyclough
    15. Donnacha O'Connor Ballydesmond

Subs
    16. Alan Quirke Valley Rovers
    17. Paudi Kissane Clyda Rover's
    18. James Fitzpatrick Carbery Rangers
    19. Mark Collins Castlehaven
    20. John Mcloughlin Kanturk
    21. Denis O'Sullivan Ballinascarthy
    22. Andrew O'Sullivan Castletownbere

This was posted a page and a half back and I'm the first to post on it. A sign of the gutter level of this thread at the moment!

Clearly, this is a 'dummy' team. No a chance Canty will be midfield or Shields corner back.

2 point are badly needed here to put us on track for 2013 and avoid any looming relegation worries!

Is Denis O'Sullivan still Ballinascarthy so?

Your are making disgraceful allegations.You have some cheek continuing this.How do i know it was agenda everyone in Cork knew it was an agenda.:rolleyes: Sean Og is a man that gave his life to Cork hurling he doesn't have to answer to a cretin like yourself.As for that bit in bold myself and others have given you you're answers and destroyed you're arguments but because you are a wum and a **** stirrer you will keep on attacking Sean Og regardless.

So Sean Og had no agenda with mangers? Totally wronged in everything? he gave his life to Cork hurling? Despite the fact not so long ago he said if he had the chance to be a professional he would have left and turned his back on Cork. Think whatever you like but Sean Og cared about one person and one person only and thats himself.

No you haven't. Iv asked a few times why the managers were given all the blame and not the players but got no answer just the unseal **** about the mangers being out of there dept, explain how they could do anything with the likes of Sean Og thinking they were bigger then the team and undermining them every chance they got, and yes thats what happened as much as you might try to deny it

So Sean Og had no agenda with mangers? Totally wronged in everything? he gave his life to Cork hurling? Despite the fact not so long ago he said if he had the chance to be a professional he would have left and turned his back on Cork. Think whatever you like but Sean Og cared about one person and one person only and thats himself.

No you haven't. Iv asked a few times why the managers were given all the blame and not the players but got no answer just the unseal **** about the mangers being out of there dept, explain how they could do anything with the likes of Sean Og thinking they were bigger then the team and undermining them every chance they got, and yes thats what happened as much as you might try to deny it

The first bit in bold Sean Og was wronged by a vindictive and power hungry county board.As for the second bit in bold that's just you being the cretin that you are.As for the next bit in bold Gerald McCarthy and Dennis Walsh were two managers who were out of their depth.They were county board yes men.As for the rest of it that's you being a poisonous cretin again.Sean Og has been nothing but a positive influence in the dressing room.Now don't you dare waste anymore of my fcuking time.

• Advertisement

You have a warped view of Seán Óg. Disturbingly warped!

Seán Óg is arguably Cork's best half back ever along with Brian Corcoran. A folk hero. An amazing tribute to the possibilities of the GAA. He has retired. Some say pushed out but I reckon he decided to leave on a high been told youth were being put to the forefront.

That's basically it.

End of

Blue Magic wrote: »
    You have a warped view of Seán Óg. Disturbingly warped!

Seán Óg is arguably Cork's best half back ever along with Brian Corcoran. A folk hero. An amazing tribute to the possibilities of the GAA. He has retired. Some say pushed out but I reckon he decided to leave on a high been told youth were being put to the forefront.

That's basically it.

End of

I wonder would he say what he said about Sean Og on here if he was face to face with the great man!

I wonder would he say what he said about Sean Og on here if he was face to face with the great man!

Cowering is not the word!

Shook hands with Seán Óg a few times. Absolute monster of a man! Total gent too. He was playing a Senior League game for Na Piarsaigh at our club ground two years back and after the game spent 10-15 mins signing autographs and chatting to the young fellas! Amazing ambassador to our great game!

Cork for some crazy reason seem to think that they've a divine right to win the AI. It tickles me pink to know they're in the ****house. lolololol
    Sean Óg the lanky athlete is the greatest bluffer that ever got out of the southern hemisphere.
    He humiliates himself and Cork every time he opens his mouth.

The mods need to sort out these wums.As for the bit's in bold those comments say more about the cailbre of individual that you are than it does about Cork people and Sean Og.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

After a great victory for the Cork hurlers last weekend it's sad but not surprising to see a few anti Cork GAA posters trying to stir the s**t on here. Plenty of people Including Cork fans have different opinions on Sean Og but some of the criticism on here is bordering on racism IMO. Best of luck to the Cork footballers on Sunday against Down,they badly need the 2 points from there to kick start their season.

Treble20 wrote: »
    After a great victory for the Cork hurlers last weekend it's sad but not surprising to see a few anti Cork GAA posters trying to stir the s**t on here. Plenty of people Including Cork fans have different opinions on Sean Og but some of the criticism on here is bordering on racism IMO. Best of luck to the Cork footballers on Sunday against Down,they badly need the 2 points from there to kick start their season.

The last few posts reminded me of An Fear Rua at it's most poisonous hopefully the mods will take appropriate action.There was quite a few nasty comments from nasty individuals with a chip on their shoulders.As it is it's nice to see that the team have rattled a few anti Cork bigots with their performance against Tipp last Saturday.Hopefully the footballers land a badly needed a win against Down to help preserve their place in division 1a and hopefully we see some signs of an improved gameplan and tactics from the managerial department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

A big game against Down.Hopefully we will win but I would say it could be a close game.A lot depends on how Down play.If they play Down style attacking open football with less focus on their defence, I feel Cork will have too much power for them.Cork have done that to them in the past.My fear is Down will have learned and realised how easily a blanket defence can beat us.They will have watched how others teams have beaten us this year.If they go defensive,it remains to be seen have we tacticially improved since the Kildare game.
    Down have Niall Moyna involved as a Selector this year.He is a great Coach,and would have won a few Sigerson Cups with DCU.He was also successful with St Vincents,in winning the All Ireland in 2008,and was part of the Dublin set up in 2011.He will add a lot to their set up.

A big game against Down.Hopefully we will win but I would say it could be a close game.A lot depends on how Down play.If they play Down style attacking open football with less focus on their defence, I feel Cork will have too much power for them.Cork have done that to them in the past.My fear is Down will have learned and realised how easily a blanket defence can beat us.They will have watched how others teams have beaten us this year.If they go defensive,it remains to be seen have we tacticially improved since the Kildare game.
    Down have Niall Moyna involved as a Selector this year.He is a great Coach,and would have won a few Sigerson Cups with DCU.He was also successful with St Vincents,in winning the All Ireland in 2008,and was part of the Dublin set up in 2011.He will add a lot to their set up.

I hope Down go for a blanket defence approach.Were going to have to deal with these tactics if were going to win the all ireland and i want to see if Counihan is developing a gameplan to deal with negative and defensive teams.

Blue Magic wrote: »

This was posted a page and a half back and I'm the first to post on it. A sign of the gutter level of this thread at the moment!

Clearly, this is a 'dummy' team. No a chance Canty will be midfield or Shields corner back.

2 point are badly needed here to put us on track for 2013 and avoid any looming relegation worries!

Is Denis O'Sullivan still Ballinascarthy so?
    I would say it probably is a dummy team.Hard to see O Mahony staying in at Full Back,considering he was exposed against Kildare easily enough and also was poor for UCC too.You never can tell with CC as a manager though.
    I can not see any gain from naming a dummy team.At the last County Board Meeting the issue was raised by a Club member.
    The gaa are talking about bringing in a 500 euro fine for this in Champiinship.
    Teams have to be submitted 4 days prior to the games to the media.
    Fair enough if a player gets sick or injured but most games CC does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

We have a good record against Down the last few years and after the close All Ireland final victory over them in 2010 we have given them a few good beatings in the last few years but I expect Sunday's game to be a close call. Both teams need the points to try and get away from that dreaded relegation zone and it won't be easy for Cork on Down's home turf. Hopefully we get that much needed victory or relegation becomes a realistic possibility sadly!

• Advertisement

I hope Down go for a blanket defence approach.Were going to have to deal with these tactics if were going to win the all ireland and i want to see if Counihan is developing a gameplan to deal with negative and defensive teams.
    I would agree.I Hope Down set up the blanket defence.There is no point in beating them in open games,we know we can win those type of games.It would be a false dawn.
    For the Championship Cork will need to have to at least managed to cope with that style in the League.

We have a good record against Down the last few years and after the close All Ireland final victory over them in 2010 we have given them a few good beatings in the last few years but I expect Sunday's game to be a close call. Both teams need the points to try and get away from that dreaded relegation zone and it won't be easy for Cork on Down's home turf. Hopefully we get that much needed victory or relegation becomes a realistic possibility sadly!
    Kerry away are up next,then Donegal and Mayo at home.It will be interesting how we get on in those games.

The first bit in bold Sean Og was wronged by a vindictive and power hungry county board.As for the second bit in bold that's just you being the cretin that you are.As for the next bit in bold Gerald McCarthy and Dennis Walsh were two managers who were out of their depth.They were county board yes men.As for the rest of it that's you being a poisonous cretin again.Sean Og has been nothing but a positive influence in the dressing room.Now don't you dare waste anymore of my fcuking time.

You have yet to sat why he was wronged? And saying he was dropped for no reason is not a reason to say so as it happens to plenty of players so why should Sean Og feel it should be different for him?

Funny you say the Cork county board were power hungry yet over look the fact that Sean Og, John Gardener etc wanted to control everything and have the power to pick who managed them but just ignore that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

Kerry away are up next,then Donegal and Mayo at home.It will be interesting how we get on in those games.

It's Tyrone away next week ol stock, followed by Donegal at home and then Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭zetecescort

good first half for Milford in Camogie club final. 2-4 to 0-5 ahead at half time

You have yet to sat why he was wronged? And saying he was dropped for no reason is not a reason to say so as it happens to plenty of players so why should Sean Og feel it should be different for him?

Funny you say the Cork county board were power hungry yet over look the fact that Sean Og, John Gardener etc wanted to control everything and have the power to pick who managed them but just ignore that too.

This is the last time i am answering you so listen carefully.If the county board were acting with Cork hurlings best interests at heart there would have been no strikes in the first place.Those lad's had only Cork hurlings best interests at heart.The county board wronged those players by swapping the most professional management team in the history of Cork hurling for infighting and the promotion of lackeys instead.Now going by you're posting history you have stirred the **** on this thread about other topics in the past.You are just a pointless wum and i will not be addressing you anymore from this point onwards because then i will only be going around in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭zetecescort

congrats to Milford, Corks first camogie club title in 20 years

homer.j wrote: »

It's Tyrone away next week ol stock, followed by Donegal at home and then Kerry.
    You're correct my apologies,my mistake.

Well done to UCC on retaining the Fitzgibbon cup and it's great that there was plenty of Cork born players involved with the success.Thank god for UCC and CIT Cork hurling would be in a dire place without them.At least the experience young Cork players are getting in this competition is making up for the lack of success at underage level.

• Advertisement

It was good to see lehane find a bit of form for UCC the last two days.Today he was excellent.
    Willam Egan also was excellent.He is sum striker of the ball from distance.
    From Corks point of view a lot of the intercounty lads impressed. which is good to see.
    Harnedy while he remains a work in progress he showed a bit of steel today.Sum games he tends to fade in and out of them,they bypass him.He had a few rocky moments today , he missed a handy point but he stuck at it right to the end.The first time I saw him do that.It was an excellent goal.He deserves to be on the panel at the very least for the Waterford game.Luke O Farell was good,he always took the fight to UCC.
    It proves all the same what good coaches can do for a team.Cork still have young talent,it is a shame it is hindered by poor management at minor and U21 level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement