Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

LizT wrote: »
    I laughed at Fiz screaming "No" when the police arrested Tyrone. What did she expect them to do, just take Rub-eh and leave?

The "No" might have been the fright cos they kinda ran at him and he was just standing there. They could have arrested him without the agression (slamming him off the wall)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That Eileen is such an ignorant b!tch! The comment about Roy's mum "losing her marbles" when noone knew really what the problem was at that stage.
    Yeah, it's great to see that dealing with a woman who had Alzheimer's has made her more sensitive to such matters. :rolleyes:

David and Kylie should just go and try to get a mortgage for a little apartment of their own, with Audrey's help, and just leave Gail in her lovely big double bedroom until the bailiffs arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Anyone know what the outcome will be for the current storyline. I hope Tyrone can prove everything and Kisty gets exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Posy wrote: »
    David and Kylie should just go and try to get a mortgage for a little apartment of their own, with Audrey's help, and just leave Gail in her lovely big double bedroom until the bailiffs arrive.

well tbh if i found out my dad was going to sell the house i grew up in i would rather buy it than see a stranger in it*

*i have my own morgage and prob couldnt afford it but still would break my arse to make sure a stranger didnt live there

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Who the hell wrote the Platt's tv storyline? David saying they couldn't afford a tv was ridiculous. They could walk into any supermarket and pick up a 22" HD tv with built in freeview and DVD player for about £100, which is all they'd need in that room as the couch is about 4 feet from the telly. They'd spend more than that in t'Rovers in a week, where they wanted to go but they didn't want to ask Gail to babysit. And even if they didn't have access to £100 there and then, David has a laptop. Could they not have signed up for a free trial of Netflix or watched some funny cat videos on Youtube?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

iguana wrote: »
    Who the hell wrote the Platt's tv storyline? David saying they couldn't afford a tv was ridiculous. They could walk into any supermarket and pick up a 22" HD tv with built in freeview and DVD player for about £100, which is all they'd need in that room as the couch is about 4 feet from the telly. They'd spend more than that in t'Rovers in a week, where they wanted to go but they didn't want to ask Gail to babysit. And even if they didn't have access to £100 there and then, David has a laptop. Could they not have signed up for a free trial of Netflix or watched some funny cat videos on Youtube?
    Nobody in these soaps has any money.They are in the rovers morning, noon and night or else in roys or nicks place .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd love if Paul went off with Gail :p

ET meets the liitle man from Mars?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Nobody in these soaps has any money.They are in the rovers morning, noon and night or else in roys or nicks place .

and who has 1 TV, now a days 1 in 10 have 2/3 TVs or as others say can go online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Speaking of the TV, how did they not notice it missing when they came in?
    It took Max a very long time to notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chucken wrote: »
    Coming soon...Paul is acting 'wierd' and she thinks hes having an affair
    He is going to propose to her

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

He is going to propose to her

:(
    If they do get married, I hope they have a normal, non eventful wedding. I can't remember that last time someone on Corrie had a wedding without drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

If they do get married, I hope they have a normal, non eventful wedding. I can't remember that last time someone on Corrie had a wedding without drama.

Now, what fun would that be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

The Tyrone/Kristy storyline is becoming tiresome. It could have been better. The story lines seem to be less interesting in the last few months, or maybe its me? I am not as interested has I once was. For years I could not wait to see an episode, in the last month or so, not so much, I catch up once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Right I am up to speed and not impressed.

It's gone from silly to insane.

Gail still owns the house and has instantly given up her room.

some elements of what she did were funny but the rest was just idiotic and the voice she used when asking Nick for somewhere to live made me want to drag her through the screen.

As already said too, the Tyrone / Kirsty thing had serious potential and I just feel it's been blown out of the water now!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Some news - apparently there is going
    to be a fire in The Rovers
    :

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/roversfirebackstagepics/

I actually enjoyed watching Gail in the last episode. She still annoys me and I do not like her but it was fun ;)

I wonder how Fizz calling the police will affect her relationship with Ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Old news, it was mentioned couple threads back
    Sunita will die in the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

At long last they might make the Rovers a little more modern.

Next Week:
    Gail finds out that Klye gave the bank details, tells gail why, hits the bottle and ends up in hospital, will gail tell david?
    Gloria shocked when Eirc dies but finds he was married and anoyed when she can't get any of his money

Coronation Street bosses may be planning to kill off a second character in the upcoming Rovers Return fire.

Sunita Alahan, played by departing actress Shobna Gulati, has been widely tipped to lose her life when the iconic pub goes up in flames next month.

However, show chiefs have now added to the intrigue surrounding the storyline by suggesting that the blaze could result in more than one death.

A newly-released statement on the soap's official website reads: "You may have read reports that the Rovers fire will claim lives. We can now exclusively reveal that more than one person could die in the blaze, which will take hold of the Rovers next month.

"Will landlady Stella fall victim to the fire? Could it be barmaid Tina? Fireman Paul? Bad guy Karl? Sunita? Gloria? Eva? Toyboy Jason? No one is safe from the killer flames…"

Coronation Street's cast and crew have been filming the fire on night shoots this week. Viewers can expect to see the dramatic scenes in March.

Tony Prescott is directing the episodes, while special effects expert Danny Hargreaves has also been involved in the filming. Both worked extensively on the ITV show's 50th anniversary episodes in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Oh great! We get to watch Gail hugging a wine glass for the week.

Anyone else reminded of one of these when shes drinking?

mini_drinking.jpg

Oh with any luck it'll be Kirsty in the fire!!

• Advertisement

If Tina dies I will stop watching corrie.

Bet it will be Karl, Jason or Paul but first 2 more likely.

Coronation Street bosses may be planning to kill off a second character in the upcoming Rovers Return fire.

Sunita Alahan, played by departing actress Shobna Gulati, has been widely tipped to lose her life when the iconic pub goes up in flames next month.

However, show chiefs have now added to the intrigue surrounding the storyline by suggesting that the blaze could result in more than one death.

A newly-released statement on the soap's official website reads: "You may have read reports that the Rovers fire will claim lives. We can now exclusively reveal that more than one person could die in the blaze, which will take hold of the Rovers next month.

"Will landlady Stella fall victim to the fire? Could it be barmaid Tina? Fireman Paul? Bad guy Karl? Sunita? Gloria? Eva? Toyboy Jason? No one is safe from the killer flames…"

Coronation Street's cast and crew have been filming the fire on night shoots this week. Viewers can expect to see the dramatic scenes in March.

Tony Prescott is directing the episodes, while special effects expert Danny Hargreaves has also been involved in the filming. Both worked extensively on the ITV show's 50th anniversary episodes in 2010.

This will be like the tram crash all over again, the second person will be some randomer in the pub.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    If Tina dies I will stop watching corrie.

Bet it will be Karl, Jason or Paul but first 2 more likely.

+1

Tina goes then I go.

Karl is done anyway and REALLY annoys me. I think it's his time. As short as it was, he can move on now. We don't need an extra cab driver anyway, we can have Fat Brenda trained up if need be !

This will be like the tram crash all over again, the second person will be some randomer in the pub.

I hope it will be Karl though. Complete waste of space and a totally useless character.

Aseth wrote: »
    I hope it will be Karl though. Complete waste of space and a totally useless character.

His relationship with Sunita was completely unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

+1 gorgeous. ;)

Jason is in it too long to be killed off that way. Plus I am sure the writers have plans for him with the return of Sarah-Louise in the next few months.

Stella, I am sure has unfinished business with Leanne(I bet Aseth can't wait for more interactions with Leanne).

Fireman Paul is also a possible one. He runs into the flames without any equipment, and is overcome.
    Gail finds out that Klye gave the bank details, tells gail why, hits the bottle and ends up in hospital, will gail tell david?
    Oh great! We get to watch Gail hugging a wine glass for the week.

I understood that as Kylie being the one who hits the bottle.

His relationship with Sunita was completely unbelievable.

At the start you could kind of credit it but when he moved in after being stung it was just blatant stupidity.

Maybe it worked for a short while showing how blind she was to the fact that he didn't want to be there.

syklops wrote: »
    Fireman Paul is also a possible one. He runs into the flames without any equipment, and is overcome.

Yep death has to be better than a life with Eileen :p

+1 gorgeous. ;)

Jason is in it too long to be killed off that way. Plus I am sure the writers have plans for him with the return of Sarah-Louise in the next few months.

I agree completely :)
    I m also very curious about Sarah-Louise as she was in Corrie before I started to watch it.
    Stella, I am sure has unfinished business with Leanne(I bet Aseth can't wait for more interactions with Leanne).

I can't stand Leanne and you know it :P

It also would be a convenient way to kill off Kirsty and as much as I don't like the character the actress herself is really good.

• Advertisement

It also would be a convenient way to kill off Kirsty and as much as I don't like the character the actress herself is really good.

If she does die in the fire I hope it is after everyone knows she is the abuser and not dumb Tyrone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement