Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How good looking are you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'd say above average but probably improving...I'm still only 18 and haven't changed much since I was 12 so I'd say with age I probably will get more attractive. It doesn't really bother me much as long as I look as good and as positive as I can though because looks is only half the battle really...and honestly anyone who doesn't look scary is grand like...I think it's easier for lads than it is for girls too to look attractive.

As for getting compliments, sure yeah for me it varies. I've been called a "beour" loads of times but the opposite too :P...I never take them things too serious though as girls say lots of misleading things <3 xoxo...but being called cute is pretty sound :rolleyes:

Oh and being called better looking than your older brother apparently is a good thing. I was getting a spin home off my brothers friend after school one day, I was like 16 at the time and his friend was 20 or so, as was my brother and she told my brother and his friends that I was better looking than him which I thought was bang on to be fair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

RubyWoo83 wrote: »
    What is wrong with someone admitting they are attractive if they are?

because if you admit it on the internets you'll get two dozen pm's before you can hit the *Delete Post* button! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Madam_X wrote: »
    I hope it's obvious I'm being ironic about myself. :)

When people say "Yeh I'm hot :o and it has its drawbacks" I find myself thinking "Show us a picture" because it really does reek of Samantha Brick. When people say "Yeh I'm hot" end of, I'm inclined to believe they are, despite their horrible arrogance. Others might see it as the other way around though.

I think Samantha Brick syndrome is the answer in most cases tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 25 circular motion

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I think it's easier for lads than it is for girls too to look attractive.

:confused:

The average Irish woman is the one putting on 3 inches of make up. How can it "easier for lads than it is for girls too to look attractive"????

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The average Irish woman is the one putting on 3 inches of make up. How can it "easier for lads than it is for girls too to look attractive"????

What is an "average Irish woman"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

What is an "average Irish woman"?
    biddy from glenroe?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

crockholm wrote: »
    biddy from glenroe?

Biddy never wore 3 inches of make-up. At least, I hope she didnt....

Because if a girl has any sort of weight on her she's labelled a whale and therefore is perceived unattractive which is ridiculous but it happens. Whereas if a lad has a bit of weight it's probably the opposite...big strong lad and all that...whereas a girl might be conscious about her legs etc. Therefore they put in a serious effort trying to stay skinny whereas a lad could drink cans every night and still look socially acceptable in a nightclub just because he can hide it...and there's the whole thing of how long a lad get's ready compared to a girl...takes a lad an hour tops, a girl would have a few hours saved away for her typical night in the town. And also another thing that makes it easier for lads is the everyday scene. Some girls put little effort into their appearance in the day as they don't have the time or can't afford to or whatver and sometimes there might be remarks like "jees she's rotten without the make up", "look how pale she is" etc. Whereas a lad could put f*ck all effort in to himself, maybe only throwing gel in the hair and a spray of cologne yet he'd look more than less the same he would on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

takes a lad an hour tops, a girl would have a few hours saved away for her typical night in the town. .

I never understood this ^^
    I'm a girl and it never ever takes me more than an hour to get ready, and that'd be a big deal.
    Shower- 10 mins
    Hair- 15 mins (it's long)
    Make-up/Jewellery 10/15 mins
    Clothes on- 5 mins

Job done and out you go.
    What more is there to do?!?

Sauve wrote: »
    I'm a girl and it never ever takes me more than an hour to get ready, and that'd be a big deal.
    Shower- 10 mins
    Clothes on- 5 mins

Job done and out you go.

You must be a natural beour so ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Shower- 10 mins
    Clothes on- 5 mins

Job done and out you go.

Tape a naggin of vodka to your inner thigh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Tape a naggin of vodka to your inner thigh?

please! bouncers never check me cause im friends with them all, so i just put it in my bag!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

Shower- 10 mins
    Clothes on- 5 mins

Job done and out you go.

See... the problem arises when you don't know which outfit to choose or what way you want your hair to look!
    Then a few pre-drinkies are always necessary!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Whereas a lad could put f*ck all effort in to himself, maybe only throwing gel in the hair and a spray of cologne yet he'd look more than less the same he would on a night out.

That's because women wear makeup all the time and are socially expected to do so. Lads don't. If women all stopped wearing makeup and went around bare faced like lads do all the time you wouldn't have to make any more effort just to go to the shops and we'd see women how they really are and not covered in war paint all the time.

It's self inflicted and pressure from fashion magazines that have women getting done up just to go to the shops. Lads just roll out of bed and fix their hair with the hands for 2 seconds and that's it, go buy the basics in the shop and don't care if we look like sho1te. Women feel the need to be made up all the time.

Me though, I'm below average on the looks scale. No one could ever accuse me of being good looking. Even if she had a few bottles of wine on board. I still manage ok though. Must be the silver tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I'm a pig. Wouldn't get a kick in a stampede, me. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

That's because women wear makeup all the time and are socially expected to do so. Lads don't. If women all stopped wearing makeup and went around bare faced like lads do all the time you wouldn't have to make any more effort just to go to the shops and we'd see women how they really are and not covered in war paint all the time.

It's self inflicted and pressure from fashion magazines that have women getting done up just to go to the shops. Lads just roll out of bed and fix their hair with the hands for 2 seconds and that's it, go buy the basics in the shop and don't care if we look like sho1te. Women feel the need to be made up all the time.

speak for yourself! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I'm good looking, pretty not stunning though but happy enough with the way I look

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

EdenHazard wrote: »
    speak for yourself! haha

Wish I could myself, I need a little gel all the time or I look like a fluffy fuzz ball that got hit by lightening. That's even when I get my hair cut shortish. I'm not a 2 or even 3 blade all over guy. Doesn't suite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm a pig. Wouldn't get a kick in a stampede, me. :o

I wouldn't get a ride in a rodeo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Depressing New Years thread.

"Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone."

Me : A dog wouldn't lick me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

trxking wrote: »
    I train 5 days a week my diet is perfect nice car good fashion sense..
    Look like ben affleck mixed with jeremy remmer mixed with oxlade chamerlain/morrison off norwich..
    So yeah I would say im half decent :D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

and there's the whole thing of how long a lad get's ready compared to a girl...takes a lad an hour tops

Which is about 45 mins too long. Think of your grandads lads and the shame in their eyes if they could see you preening in front of the mirror. That's what i do for a lot of things. What would grandad do? Makes me a better man to be honest. It does make the aftermath of my weekly asphyxiwank horribly guilt ridden however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Pretty goddamned ugly.I'm the lad people stand next to in photos to make themselves look more attractive in comparison to me.

0 serious romantic relationships in my 25 years on this planet would back up my opinion on this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Makeup just accentuates the positive parts of a womans face - if it's applied correctly - I couldn't imagine it doing the same for a man though which is probably why (the majority of!) men don't wear make up - the rugged look is best :) - not for a woman though - even the smallest amount of makeup does wonders IMO

But having said that, there are of course women who are breathtaking without a hint of makeup - oh how I hate them....

Which is about 45 mins too long. Think of your grandads lads and the shame in their eyes if they could see you preening in front of the mirror. That's what i do for a lot of things. What would grandad do? Makes me a better man to be honest. It does make the aftermath of my weekly asphyxiwank horribly guilt ridden however.

It's okay, my grandad never showered himself either....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I used to think i maybe scrapped an average but based on recent events, i think "Fruck Ugly" is the reality.

Ladies, the only way to find out if a lad loves himself is if he has more pictures of his face than his mickey on his smartphone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

It's okay, my grandad never showered himself either....

The shower was included in your allocated 15 minutes you preening prune-skinned foppet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

It's nice that very nearly 50% think they're at least 'above average'.

Anyway, I look like a child's drawing of Quasimodo that's been half eaten by a dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Some people are just born crowd pleasers and get lots of attention from others while some can be incredibly attractive in more alternative ways. There cab be a huge divide between your looks and what you feel is your identity.

Imagine walking down the street and thinking that around 1 in 5 people of the people you are passing think they're below average or ugly.

Advertisement