Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

100 for capping flag and 50 for kill.

Looks like I'll be going Rambo style onto the flags with my 870.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Am I the only person getting "COD server not available at this time" when I try to get online? I'm on PS3 and my connection etc is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Tesco's have it for €45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Super value for 39

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Super value for 39

Wow and i thought 45 was cheap, remember when games used to cost over 70 <shudders>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

risteardb wrote: »
    Do you need points for new weapons/ gadgets or is it done by level?

Yep, it's an unlock system. Ghost isn't unlocked until the last level which is good I think :) you get more points for objectives, attacking an objective and defending it. I think that's a great touch too.

Very impressed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Thecon21 wrote: »
    Yep, it's an unlock system. Ghost isn't unlocked until the last level which is good I think :) you get more points for objectives, attacking an objective and defending it. I think that's a great touch too.

Very impressed :)

You think it's good that you can be seen on the enemy map because knobs on your team keep dying and can't shoot straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

Anyone who bought it from Tesco get the nuketown map? I know it's not a pre-order but I heard it's in all release copies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Cheapest place to buy it? (preferably close to dublin 4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

Probably been asked already but what's Zombies like? Has it still got 2 player split screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Probably been asked already but what's Zombies like? Has it still got 2 player split screen?

Yes and its Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Wow and i thought 45 was cheap, remember when games used to cost over 70 <shudders>

New games still cost 70 here in Austria. The original Black ops was still retailing at 60 euro in one of the big electronics chains last week :eek:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Saw this in the IGN review:
    Unlike previous games, after each of the 10 levels of Prestige you won’t have your stats reset, but instead continue your weapon experience and challenge progress and earn even more rewards. For starters you now get a token that allows you to unlock any item regardless of its level requirement, forever. In addition you also get a Prestige Token that nets you either an additional Create a Class slot, a refund on all unlock tokens you’ve spent during your progress to date, or the more traditional character wipe that resets all your stats. This completely changes my attitude towards Prestiging, and makes it something I actually want to do.

Didn't realise they changed up the prestige system!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

does anyone know where you get your digital download of the soundtrack if you purchased the hardened edition???

got it code on one of the coins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

"Friendly Care Package Inbound."

15091_533776339967408_873921654_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

You think it's good that you can be seen on the enemy map because knobs on your team keep dying and can't shoot straight?

No I think it's good that not every one will be running ghost and campers now can be seen. I never really use ghost so I like running and gunning and having a bit of craic.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Liking it so far. Most of the guns are decent enough, loving the tar. Maps are ok, most of them allow for a mixture of close quarters and long range gunfights. F**k loads of little rooms and hiding places though, some of them are very camper friendly. Fairly funny at first, me just wandering like a headless chicken. There's so many different routes in each map that it makes them seem huge, when they're actually not. I DID NOT appreciate getting a smack of an express train on that train station map, frighted the ****e out of me :(

Tried to use the 2nd unlocked sniper rifle, its good but it take much longer to aim down sights compared to MW3/2. Shotguns are shotguns, decent up close as long as you get your shot bang on. Assault rifles really suffer up close against SMG's, but I guess that's the way it should be. Recoil is virtually non existent in most cases, not sure if I like that or not.

Only used a couple of the kill streaks but they seem pretty fun to use, Haven't found myself dying to many of them, but I'm sure that will change Great the way you can change up your classes so much with the wildcards, almost fully customisable. Sometimes the hit detection seems a bit off, sometimes its fine, hopefully that will be sorted soon enough...or maybe its just my connection.

FYI, zombies is amazing. Just started playing it and I've never laughed so much, its a lot of fun. Took me long enough to get into a game though, maybe that's just my luck. Will be playing that for the next couple of hours. Perfect time to have a week off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

irishsid wrote: »
    Anyone who bought it from Tesco get the nuketown map? I know it's not a pre-order but I heard it's in all release copies?

Picked up a ps3 copy with nuketown at half ten this morning for ps3 and had nuketown in it for 44.99 had about 20 copies left in Naas extra tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

No flags on player cards. Was looking forward to showing my Irish pride. Oh well, will have to use the Hardened Edition ones for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,868 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Guys I intend buying this on PC as a pressie for a family member and Im just wondering if the PC specs are okay especially the video card.
    Dell XPS 430

System OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
    Processor Description: Intel Core2 Quad
    Number of Processors: 4
    Processor Clock Speed: 2500 Mhz
    Graphics Description: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Memory Installed: 3070 MBs
    Drive Size (C) 938428 MBs
    There's plenty of space on the hard drive so given the above spec do any of you know if the game would play alright?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Found this kinda funny, I'm assuming the two old guys are characters in the SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

muffler wrote: »
    Guys I intend buying this on PC as a pressie for a family member and Im just wondering if the PC specs are okay especially the video card.

There's plenty of space on the hard drive so given the above spec do any of you know if the game would play alright?

If your on the pc itself now check out http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and search the game , and it will let you know

Soby wrote: »
    If your on the pc itself now check out http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and search the game , and it will let you know
    Thanks a mill for that Soby. Just ran the test there and it passes. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

How much have you got spend because the PC Building and Upgrading crowd might have a better idea on how you should spend your money .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I would head over to these guys. Load of people talking specs

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How much have you got spend because the PC Building and Upgrading crowd might have a better idea on how you should spend your money .
    How do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

How do you mean?

He means how much do you have to spend on the new PC.. what is your budget.

The guys over here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842 build and spec new builds all the time.

If you have €500 they will tell you whats best.. if you have €1000 they will tell you whats best.

All depends on budget and what you want the PC for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think Muffler already has the PC an is wondering if it's good enough for the game, which he checked, and it is

• Advertisement

IPAM wrote: »
    I think Muffler already has the PC an is wondering if it's good enough for the game, which he checked, and it is
    Spot on. :)

Apologies if that wasn't clear but as I was posting in a thread with the name of the game I assumed people knew what I was asking.

Advertisement