Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

krudler wrote: »
    first game, every single player on 4 bars, this wont last once more people are online but for now, yaaay

Up at 6:30, in college at 9, leave at 12:10, arrive at the Square at 1:20PM, Home by 1:30. That's the plan. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Can you believe Gabe Newell has waited until today to spurt out about Valve working on the Source engine 2?! :eek:

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

Eircom 24mb.

Happy enough. Can't wait 'till upc get their act in gear and come to donegal town though!

2303940299.png

72183859.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its much, much slicker looking than Blops, big improvement on graphics, sound, the overall feel of it, the lack of recoil is hilarious though. if you thought the ACR was a lasergun wait till you see the guns in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

its much, much slicker looking than Blops, big improvement on graphics, sound, the overall feel of it, the lack of recoil is hilarious though. if you thought the ACR was a lasergun wait till you see the guns in this.

Watching the Machinima stream, at long ranges it looks like the recoil does kick in just a tad, but regardless yeah, it's near non-existent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

irishsid wrote: »
    Eircom 24mb.

Happy enough. Can't wait 'till upc get their act in gear and come to donegal town though!

2303940299.png

72183859.png

Speaking of Eircom....is anyone else currently without [eircom] broadband? As in....its not working.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Watching the Machinima stream, at long ranges it looks like the recoil does kick in just a tad, but regardless yeah, it's near non-existent.

throw up a link to it, will u?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Speaking of Eircom....is anyone else currently without [eircom] broadband? As in....its not working.

My internet went down for about a half an hour .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

christ im glad i didnt go down early, said id wander in well after midnight and chance my arm since theres a gamestop only down the road from me, was one of the last people there around 12.30, no queue, the guys at the counter said people had been queuing since before 11, was mental down there.

Gamestop in the Crescent? You might have walked right past me so, was in there late and yer man behind the counter was saying the same to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

My internet went down for about a half an hour .

Just started working again for me now.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Anyone having trouble entering the player card background code on the cod website?

The brother is having trouble saying code invalid or something. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Campers everywhere, the crossbow is brilliant though, the map with the boat is like a stand off, teams either end waiting for the next victim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Stumbling into bed now.

Seems decent so far, no idea what's killing me half the time but I'm loving it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Reviews are starting to roll out now, all seem more positive than MW3...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Anyone's game freezing on the ps3? Happened me 3 times in about 3 or 4 hours and it seems to be happening to a lot of other people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Anyone's game freezing on the ps3? Happened me 3 times in about 3 or 4 hours and it seems to be happening to a lot of other people

Happened me last nite

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is there any silly stuff like the knifing in other cods where a guy seemed to lunge at you from 10 feet away and knife you to death while you pump him full of lead?
    I certainly hope not and might buy if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dcully wrote: »
    Is there any silly stuff like the knifing in other cods where a guy seemed to lunge at you from 10 feet away and knife you to death while you pump him full of lead?
    I certainly hope not and might buy if not.

5ft this time, it's not AS bad, but yeah if you go into a room knifing seems to be the way, I definitely pumped 1 or 2 full of lead but died to their insta knife kill.
    Should have made it more like battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

SeantheMan wrote: »
    5ft this time, it's not AS bad, but yeah if you go into a room knifing seems to be the way, I definitely pumped 1 or 2 full of lead but died to their insta knife kill.
    Should have made it more like battlefield

COD is almost famous for that though, it goes both ways though, if you knife someone it'll most likely look like a lunge on their end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Kenno90 wrote: »
    COD is almost famous for that though, it goes both ways though, if you knife someone it'll most likely look like a lunge on their end

COD4 wasn't bad for it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why even include the lunge? Why not just have it be a normal knife attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

The devs said there is 0 knive lunge now. So what you're experiencing can only be down to lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

SeantheMan wrote: »
    COD4 wasn't bad for it at all.

So was the original BLOPs and WaW. MW2 was ridiculous though. Played very little MW3 so can't comment on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

irishsid wrote: »
    The devs said there is 0 knive lunge now. So what you're experiencing can only be down to lag.

I agree, I haven't noticed much if any lunge at all really.. Looks like the knife has to be timed correctly in close quarters rather than just pressing it near someone and getting the kill..

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Haven't bought it yet..... is it like the previous black ops or like modern wafare 3???

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

risteardb wrote: »
    Haven't bought it yet..... is it like the previous black ops or like modern wafare 3???

Honestly, it's actually like a brand new CoD series. Very happy so far. Scorestreak system and what you acquire points for is very good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Thecon21 wrote: »
    Honestly, it's actually like a brand new CoD series. Very happy so far. Scorestreak system and what you acquire points for is very good imo

Do you need points for new weapons/ gadgets or is it done by level?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

by level no COD points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

How many points do you get for capturing a flag in comparison to killing somebody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

100 for capping flag and 50 for kill.

Advertisement