Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

dnme wrote: »
    I'll check again when I get home.

OK, I have no "Online Update" menu item anywhere.

1. I have Menu - Setup - Software Update
    This just runs the updater, no options here.
    225724.jpg

2. I have Menu - Setup -System - Software Update.
    This gives me three options.
    - Background Check
    - Auto Settings Backup
    - Auto Image Backup

System menu page 1
    225726.jpg

System menu page 2
    225727.jpg

System menu - Software Update Options
    225725.jpg

Nowhere do I see any options to allow unstable feeds. I used to have it, I remember using it during the past year. But in this latest version (VIX 3.1.1), I'm not seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

On that last screen, you need to set 'background check' = 'yes' to reveal the additional options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

SalteeDog wrote: »
    On that last screen, you need to set 'background check' = 'yes' to reveal the additional options.

eureka! many thanks. Don't know why they hid that option behind background checks, surely it applies to background and attended checks. Anyway....onward!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Is there anything else other than the traix tri link that can be used for watching tv in another room for the Vu duo?

JonnyM wrote: »
    Is there anything else other than the traix tri link that can be used for watching tv in another room for the Vu duo?

You can stream from the Vu+ to a PC or to another Enigma box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Global electronics make something similar but the tri-link is reliable and I use one myself on my vu

Actually - if you are interested in distributing the signal via RF, you could also use an old VCR as a modulator. You would need a separate 'sky eye' to work the remote control remotely or alternatively (if you have wifi) use the enigmadrioid app on your smartphone to act as a remote control.

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Actually - if you are interested in distributing the signal via RF, you could also use an old VCR as a modulator. You would need a separate 'sky eye' to work the remote control remotely or alternatively (if you have wifi) use the enigmadrioid app on your smartphone to act as a remote control.

A video would work to show the picture but the VU-DUO will not work with a magic eye if u dont use a tri-link or similar product as it decodes and allows the magic eye to work. The magic eye comes with the tri-link.

steveon wrote: »
    A video would work to show the picture but the VU-DUO will not work with a magic eye if u dont use a tri-link or similar product as it decodes and allows the magic eye to work. The magic eye comes with the tri-link.

Yes, you are right. I was thinking about those devices you stick over the IR receiver spot - but they need a decoder box too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You could use something like this to translate the signal, some remote eye solution after that to change the channel, I have 1 of those modulators and they work perfectly but I didn't need it afterwards, I used an app on my phone as a remote by the way, I got it from an ebay seller from Germany for a bit cheaper than that.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    You could use something like this to translate the signal, some remote eye solution after that to change the channel, I have 1 of those modulators and they work perfectly but I didn't need it afterwards, I used an app on my phone as a remote by the way, I got it from an ebay seller from Germany for a bit cheaper than that.

A tri-link is exactly that its a modulator with a built in magic eye return path function......no need for anything else, there expensive but reliable and simple to setup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh wow, what a great piece of kit, I was using an amp and a FS 140 (or something like that) with the modulator yoke, that tri-link looks very impressive.

Clareman wrote: »
    Oh wow, what a great piece of kit, I was using an amp and a FS 140 (or something like that) with the modulator yoke, that tri-link looks very impressive.

U can connect the tri-link straight up to your f140 amp to split the signal for use with magic eyes to other rooms...it will power the amp for you.

I went and bought a GigaBlue UE 800HD instead, use the dual tuner in that to stream to my desktop in the office so that's all my needs met without needing any amps or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

to stream HD to a PC / TV what would the minimum spec of the router / cards be? Is there a special config required...or is it even possible?

To stream HD you will need a N router at least, I'd recommend something dual band, there is a lot of traffic involved so you wouldn't want to be doing much more on your network to keep the signal crystal clear. Personally I very rarely stream HD channels, normally it's just RTÉ2 HD I'll stream from Saorview, HD channels take a lot of processing power for your box so if your going to be watching 2 different ones it will lead to a major drop in performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

i have black hole iage installed and am having problems with the epg.

Most of the time its not showing me whats on and other times if i want the epg of certain channels the epg of other channels comes up!!

Pissing me off not being able to see whats on. Any suggestions ??

Thanks

its happened again. Came hpme from holidays and not showing anything when i press the epg button. Clareman helped me out before by just ticking 28.4 in the cross epg but checked and unchecked both .4 and .2 and nothing. Done hard resets etc and nothing

Any help

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

its happened again. Came hpme from holidays and not showing anything when i press the epg button. Clareman helped me out before by just ticking 28.4 in the cross epg but checked and unchecked both .4 and .2 and nothing. Done hard resets etc and nothing

Any help

cheers
    Should you not just check 28.4 and then press download(yellow button) and that updates the epg.Im sure thats all thats done on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

yabadabado wrote: »
    Should you not just check 28.4 and then press download(yellow button) and that updates the epg.Im sure thats all thats done on mine.

+1 on this.
    go to crossEPG opentv providers and press yellow to download the EPG, then go into CrossEPG configuration and set the EPG to download daily automatically to keep your epg data current with no more intervention from yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is there a way of skipping forward by 24 hours on the EPG?

I am using Vix 3.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

lertsnim wrote: »
    Is there a way of skipping forward by 24 hours on the EPG?

I am using Vix 3.0

Use the arrows either side of the zero key to go forwards/backwards one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Thanks. Don't know how I missed that before. Makes life a little bit easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭stesaurus

rurs wrote: »
    Use the arrows either side of the zero key to go forwards/backwards one day.

Any idea of a page down button?

Also when in the guide I need to pres 'OK' twice otherwise it reverts to the previous channel. Very annoying, any way of changing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

s.welstead wrote: »
    Any idea of a page down button?

Also when in the guide I need to pres 'OK' twice otherwise it reverts to the previous channel. Very annoying, any way of changing this?
    press 8 to go page down, and 2 to go page up

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

kierank01 wrote: »
    press 8 to go page down, and 2 to go page up
    When you are in the epg press 'help' on the remote to see all the available keys... Very useful!

s.welstead wrote: »

Press menu when in the epg. You can change the settings so it zaps the channel when ok is pressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What does "ZAP" mean?I have seen it on some of the menus .

yabadabado wrote: »
    What does "ZAP" mean?I have seen it on some of the menus .
    Simply changes to that channel and closes the epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I'm looking for a box at the moment and I'm wondering if the vu+ range might be the right choice. The box is not for me, but I'll be setting it up. I don't care how hard it is to setup (within reason). However, I do need it to be very easy to use when setup, including recording to the HDD, and I also need it to have good subtitle support. If I can telnet/ssh/http into the box and make changes then all the better. Do the vu+ boxes fit the bill or are they too difficult to use even when set up? It would be all the better if it has a "simple" mode, where you can just watch tv and record, you don't even get shown the settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

I was like you 2 years ago, bought a humax and never looked back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement