Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cupcake123

follow through if ya have been good and have nother good one it will show next week DAIR .....dont get too disheartened ....it will show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Lost 5 stone with weightwatchers. Been on the plan on off since I'm 16. I'm 24 now! Put back on 2stone outta the 5.
    Started back in college and have a routine back, so decided to get back on the wagon! Instead of rejoining ww for the millionth time, I decided a change was in order and joined sw.
    On day 4 and really enjoying the plan! Eating loads of fruit and veg! Had an amazing lunch today of homemade burger with salad, onions, mushrooms and pepper and some potato cubes made like sw chips!
    Having a Chinese tonight to use my syns! Hope I'm doing the plan right! Seems too good to be true!
    Hopefully il see a loss at weigh in Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Lost 5 stone with weightwatchers. Been on the plan on off since I'm 16. I'm 24 now! Put back on 2stone outta the 5.
    Started back in college and have a routine back, so decided to get back on the wagon! Instead of rejoining ww for the millionth time, I decided a change was in order and joined sw.
    On day 4 and really enjoying the plan! Eating loads of fruit and veg! Had an amazing lunch today of homemade burger with salad, onions, mushrooms and pepper and some potato cubes made like sw chips!
    Having a Chinese tonight to use my syns! Hope I'm doing the plan right! Seems too good to be true!
    Just be careful - there's a lot of hidden sugar in Chinese takeaway and most of the starters are big syns and don't go near the prawn crackers! Otherwise ... enjoy ;)
    Also, even though it's "free food" you do have to be reasonable with the amount of carbs (pasta, rice, potatoes etc) you have - especially if you have porridge or bread for your Healthy Extras. I found even though I was sticking to the plan I had to reduce carbs to get me losing again after I'd lost 2 stone ...

cupcake123 wrote: »
    follow through if ya have been good and have nother good one it will show next week DAIR .....dont get too disheartened ....it will show
    I'd often get a sts and then a 3 or 4 lb off the next week and then another sts, and nothing really varies week on week - weird but as long as it's going down that's what matters.

Just be careful - there's a lot of hidden sugar in Chinese takeaway and most of the starters are big syns and don't go near the prawn crackers! Otherwise ... enjoy ;)
    Also, even though it's "free food" you do have to be reasonable with the amount of carbs (pasta, rice, potatoes etc) you have - especially if you have porridge or bread for your Healthy Extras. I found even though I was sticking to the plan I had to reduce carbs to get me losing again after I'd lost 2 stone ...

I had beef in black bean with some boiled rice and noodles! No extras. Been limiting my carbs. Hate porridge so only been having 2 wheetabix.
    Looking forward to weigh in tomo!

• Advertisement

I had beef in black bean with some boiled rice and noodles! No extras. Been limiting my carbs. Hate porridge so only been having 2 wheetabix.
    Looking forward to weigh in tomo!
    Great - it should def show on the scales then - let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

thanks for the encouragement guys, weigh in wed so will check back in then :)

Great - it should def show on the scales then - let us know how you get on :)

Yeah I definitely will! Excited to get weighed and know its working! Had no time for brekkie this morning! Grabbed an alpen light, banana, apple and yogurt! So not too bad!

Forgot to take the chicken out for dinner so will have to pop to the shop on my way home! Chicken stuffed with herbs and laughing cow, loads of superfree and sw chips! Cannot wait!! YUM! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Hi All, New to SW was a WW member for years... 100% not knocking their system... i just felt that i was in ww for so long on & off that i just felt like maybe i wasnt doing ir properly or guessing pp etc. so i decided to try SW as im bridesmaid at my sis wedding in March so i needed to do something different. At the moment i personally find the plan much easier for me to manage knowing whats free. I find myself eating alot healthier. First week i lost 2.5 ...second week i had a night out for my bday drank some wine (not loads) and had dinner etc... but did 3 5k jogs in that week and i was up .5 on Tue WI... so disappointed but i know i did eat healthy and im not letting it get to me as it HAS to show in the upcoming weeks... still trying to get my head around certain things but suppose it will come in time :) Well done on the losses everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

Elliex wrote: »
    Hi All, New to SW was a WW member for years... 100% not knocking their system... i just felt that i was in ww for so long on & off that i just felt like maybe i wasnt doing ir properly or guessing pp etc. so i decided to try SW as im bridesmaid at my sis wedding in March so i needed to do something different. At the moment i personally find the plan much easier for me to manage knowing whats free. I find myself eating alot healthier. First week i lost 2.5 ...second week i had a night out for my bday drank some wine (not loads) and had dinner etc... but did 3 5k jogs in that week and i was up .5 on Tue WI... so disappointed but i know i did eat healthy and im not letting it get to me as it HAS to show in the upcoming weeks... still trying to get my head around certain things but suppose it will come in time :) Well done on the losses everyone!
    You will be flying it. It was suggested to me that after exercise one should drink a pint of water to replenish water lost. The theory being if you don't, your body holds on to water and that throws your weigh in out. Not sure how scientifically sound this is but it sure can't harm you anyway :D But well done, don't knock yourself, any loss is better than a gain!!!

• Advertisement

hey guys, dleighted with a 3lb loss yesterday and slimmer of the week!! Your body really does just hold on sometimes...back on track for xmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

CuteStuff wrote: »
    You will be flying it. It was suggested to me that after exercise one should drink a pint of water to replenish water lost. The theory being if you don't, your body holds on to water and that throws your weigh in out. Not sure how scientifically sound this is but it sure can't harm you anyway :D But well done, don't knock yourself, any loss is better than a gain!!!

Thanks :) yea i always drink water after jogging & also drink at least 2 ltrs a day... my BF reckons maybe it could be muscle and it will catch up on me but sure we will see! Im Sticking to plan anyway and going to be a skinny minny for Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Finally hit the one stone mark (8 wks), thought that 14th pound was never gonna fall off!! One quarter way to my goal, woo hoo!!

Hi!
    Need some ideas fr eating out? Sw doesn't really have much on their website!
    Any tips? Good places to go? Meals to get? Thanks in advance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

Hi!

have a look at the back of the book it lists most popular meals eaten out/take away & the syn values

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Hi!
    Chinese is generally the best option

Yeah. I had a look in the book. Was looking for lunch ideas, just stayed in and cooked! Was my first week last week and lose 1.5. Hoping for a better week this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Down 2 lbs this wk so 8 and a half pounds in two wks!! Delighted :)

Sick for the last 5 days and eating toast and more toast and anything thats bad to make me feel better, plus no exercise, i guess these things happen, still feeling awful but trying to stay positive for weigh in tomorrow.
    Never thought id catch such a bad dose with all the fruit i had been eating!!!

thats fantastic, keep it up you could be a new person for xmas...Literally x
    Down 2 lbs this wk so 8 and a half pounds in two wks!! Delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Dair wrote: »
    thats fantastic, keep it up you could be a new person for xmas...Literally x

Thanks I hope so just over a stone to go now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Its so inspiring reading this thread :) I joined SW online last week. Monday is my weigh in day. Lost 4lb the first week. Happy with that but still a long way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Went to WI tonight and was +1lb :(

Not really surprised cos I was on and off the plan all week, although I weighed myself this morning on my own scales and I was down a lb. Anyway after eating all wound me I've decided not to dwell on it and put my all into it next week, have a christening on Sat for my nephew but I'll prob make my own SW friendly food and bring it with me :)

Week two and down 3lb, so 4.5lb in two weeks. Happy with that! Motivation to keep it up as it seems to be working! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

Great to read all the positivity guys :D WI tomorrow night. Not sure how I will do because only 3 days out of the 7 I kept within my daily syn allowance. 3 is better than 0 .... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

2lb down this week and FINALLY got my 1stone award so im 1st1lb and want 2stone for christmas :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Jewow wrote: »
    Went to WI tonight and was +1lb :(

Not really surprised cos I was on and off the plan all week, although I weighed myself this morning on my own scales and I was down a lb. Anyway after eating all wound me I've decided not to dwell on it and put my all into it next week, have a christening on Sat for my nephew but I'll prob make my own SW friendly food and bring it with me :)

best thing to do!
    I was up 2lbs last week, but I had to face facts, my weigh ins have been up and down because I haven't really followed the plan properly.
    I took the chance to talk to my consultant, and while she didn't offer me anything new, it was just so lovely being able to say outloud that I had trouble keeping motivation.
    This has been the first week that I've kept up full motivation, really happy and proud. I've even been able to have a few small snacks, but generally within all my syn levels. Can have a few chocolate buttons then give the rest to friends to finish. Normally I just need the taste to get over the craving and then I'm ok

hope you get on better this week!!

Yeah :)
    I lost 2.5 lbs last night...8.5 in total

I was absolutely beaming when I saw this, it was the first week where I have consistently kept motivation and I actually believe I deserved the loss. Every other week that I have lost, I felt it was a fluke and it was generally followed by a 1lb weight gain.

long may this motivation continue :)

By the way, if anyone hasn't tried them yet, the SAS logs are quite helpful
    nothing new or wonderful, but a great wee way of promoting mindful eating and seeing where our downfalls are

Congrats on the loss emma, i have weigh in later so fingers crossed...whats the SAS log??

• Advertisement

Dair wrote: »
    Congrats on the loss emma, i have weigh in later so fingers crossed...whats the SAS log??

they are small sheets similar to the food diaries

on the front side, you tick if you have any goals for the day "eat more superfree, prepare meals for the day etc"
    and you also get to tick what your potential downfalls are "petrol stations, not preparing etc"

on the other side, it's similar to the food diary, but you write down the food in the order you eat it
    -select whether it is free, superfree, syned, how many syns
    -if you weighed or estimated the weight
    - if it was planned or spontaneous etc

if you fill it out consistently it makes you more aware of pitfalls and your habits with eating
    I know myself that my pitfalls are the 3pm slump, not preparing breakfast so I end up eating too much cereal, or buying multipacks of hifis or alpen bars. I can easily eat through an entire packet :-o

hope that explains it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement