Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Same thing happened with the copy of Shenmue 1 I got my hands on that was in excellent condition in 2008 or so...

Few house moves later the cardboard bit gets freyed to bits then goes missing. Frustrating to say the least. Not a huge fan of cardboard boxes over games either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've started putting my cardboard game boxes in these really strong but usable clear cases. So far the guy makes them for N64/SNES/NES and Game Boy (and any other case you can fit in them).
    They're pretty much the absolute best clear cases around and I've tried loads and ended up dumping them in the bin as they were just crap/weak/sh1t.
    They come with a cling wrap on the clear cases to protect them in transit/storage so are nice and clean and scratch free when you get them.
    dsc2236h.jpgdsc2246x.jpg
    dsc2245g.jpg

http://www.sentinel64.com/
    Best to buy at least 10 of them as the saving is pretty decent once you start to order more of them in one go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Free shipping in the uk, might be a job for parcel motel, whats the postage to ireland like from him, is it more than 3.50? would you fit 35 in a parcel motel do you think? are they flat packed when you get them?

sorry for all the questions they look pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Steve SI wrote: »
    I've started putting my cardboard game boxes in these really strong but usable clear cases. So far the guy makes them for N64/SNES/NES and Game Boy (and any other case you can fit in them).
    They're pretty much the absolute best clear cases around and I've tried loads and ended up dumping them in the bin as they were just crap/weak/sh1t.
    They come with a cling wrap on the clear cases to protect them in transit/storage so are nice and clean and scratch free when you get them.
    dsc2236h.jpgdsc2246x.jpg
    dsc2245g.jpg

Best to buy at least 10 of them as the saving is pretty decent once you start to order more of them in one go.

Have you seen this guy Steve?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Clear-SNES-N64-Game-Box-Protectors-Protect-your-CIB-games-Nintendo-/160869488648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2574919808#ht_2789wt_1110

Might buy in a batch to test them out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

RNB wrote: »

Same here. Cheap enough to warrant a purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Luckiegames on ebay.com have a pretty generous combined shipping option of $4 for the first one, & about $1 for each additional item. Some of the stuff they're selling can be priced pretty high, some of it is good & with the combined shipping it can work out pretty good

EnterNow wrote: »
    Luckiegames on ebay.com have a pretty generous combined shipping option of $4 for the first one, & about $1 for each additional item. Some of the stuff they're selling can be priced pretty high, some of it is good & with the combined shipping it can work out pretty good

Pretty good selection there.

I see they're selling Wireless SNES controllers. Has anyone ever tried them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-SNES-Super-Nintendo-2-4-GHz-WIRELESS-Controller-/290723862200?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true#ht_1864wt_1110

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tonnes or lag, crap range and the connection is interrupted if line of sight is lost. Until the wavebird wireless controllers have been pretty terrible.

Edit: just looked and it seems to be blutooth. Not seen them at all before.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Free shipping in the uk, might be a job for parcel motel, whats the postage to ireland like from him, is it more than 3.50? would you fit 35 in a parcel motel do you think? are they flat packed when you get them?

sorry for all the questions they look pretty good.

They come flat packed in a decent sized but not massive hard cardboard backed envelope (it fit through my letter box). They actually look a little messy at first and I was pissed off but its just the clear plastic wrap that's on each of the cases protecting them.
    Postage was about 8 or 9 Euro for my last batch of 20 or so of them.

Yeah, I tested their stuff.
    I used it to line my bin :)
    The actual game cases they sell(the ones that hold the carts) are nice but they are just overpriced versions of the generic cases you can find elsewhere (except they include some badly printed artwork).
    As I said, the absolute best you can get at the moment is the sentinel cases and if you buy a decent amount of them the price is actually very good per case.

They come flat packed in a decent sized but not massive hard cardboard backed envelope (it fit through my letter box). They actually look a little messy at first and I was pissed off but its just the clear plastic wrap that's on each of the cases protecting them.

Yeah, I tested their stuff.
    I used it to line my bin :)
    The actual game cases they sell(the ones that hold the carts) are nice but they are just overpriced versions of the generic cases you can find elsewhere (except they include some badly printed artwork).
    As I said, the absolute best you can get at the moment is the sentinel cases and if you buy a decent amount of them the price is actually very good per case.

Thanks to you both for saving me some money! :)

I'll have to invest in the Sentinels when they're back in stock. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tonnes or lag, crap range and the connection is interrupted if line of sight is lost. Until the wavebird wireless controllers have been pretty terrible.

Edit: just looked and it seems to be blutooth. Not seen them at all before.

Yeah, I thought that was something new too. Not sure whether to take the plunge and chance it...

Thanks to you both for saving me some money! :)

I'll have to invest in the Sentinels when they're back in stock. Cheers.

Check them out on facebook as they do answer questions there and report stock etc.
    https://www.facebook.com/Sentinel64

That has to be a typo on their site no, £11.49 for a single case?

RsNfJ.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Just discovered this place. Can we post personal items for sale? I have a safebuster in mint working condition I'd like to get rid of.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That has to be a typo on their site no, £11.49 for a single case?

RsNfJ.jpg

Yeah it must be, its about the price for ten of them.
    I think they were the same or close to the NES cases price:
    sentinellr.jpg
    You're talking about £2.99 per case if you get just one, but as you can see when you go up to ten the price is actually decent.

Edit:
    By the way they will send you a free case as a sample with free postage to the UK (parcel motel??).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Andy!! wrote: »
    Just discovered this place. Can we post personal items for sale? I have a safebuster in mint working condition I'd like to get rid of.

Only in the retro trading section or stick it on adverts

Definitely one for parcelmotel so, 3.50 delivery thanks to the free post in the uk!

Ok fair enough about the pricing, I was wondering why they were so much more expensive compared to the NES ones. Sounded like another VGA type scam.

Definitely one for parcelmotel so, 3.50 delivery thanks to the free post in the uk!

Free sample as well if you dont want to risk a large order.

Free sample as well if you dont want to risk a large order.

Well, I think its fair to say you fully tested these, id be confident with your review of them just to buy a load!

• Advertisement

Well, I think its fair to say you fully tested these, id be confident with your review of them just to buy a load!

Yeah, I gave them a good testing alright. I managed to get 15KG on top of an empty one before it fell over (fell over, not broke or bent).
    The great thing about the cases is if you have a game box that's seen better days these will both shape it up over time and also make it look a hell of a lot better than it actually is when in the protective case.

From the pics they seem to have flexible flaps at either end, how are they strong if they are made from flexible plastic? Or is the body of the case made from a different material?

I just bought 35 of them for now. would be killed if these arrived in the door so close to the wedding, but parcelmotel is a life saver for sneaky purchases!

From the pics they seem to have flexible flaps at either end, how are they strong if they are made from flexible plastic? Or is the body of the case made from a different material?

Yeah they have normal flexible flaps on each end so you can get at the box easily enough. It's all made from the same plastic.
    It's just designed very well I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I just bought 35 of them for now. would be killed if these arrived in the door so close to the wedding, but parcelmotel is a life saver for sneaky purchases!

great tagline for them

ParcelMotel, saving marriages all over Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone know if theres a parcel motel type thing for America?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All this talk of flexible flaps....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can't link to it from here but there are a few Gameboy SP ags 101 handhelds for sale on ebay, coming from the States, for €60 posted.
    Well worth the investment if you ask me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Large amount of gamecube games on adverts with res 2+3, Mario Baseball and the Zeldas. Broke so cant be bidding :'( but someone else might be looking for one or two of them:)
    Also I checked online and Smyths seem to be stocking inazuma eleven nationwide. I knew I seen it somewhere locally just wasn't 100%. It was Smyths.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement