Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Anyone else having connection problems. Getting the old firewall error. Just back from holidays and was hoping to get some playtime in before work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

BKtje wrote: »
    Anyone else having connection problems. Getting the old firewall error. Just back from holidays and was hoping to get some playtime in before work :(

Logged on atm.. no issues..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Cheers, will try a reboot. Guess something interfering.

EDIT: Sigh, still can't login. Was fine last week before I went on holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Just curious as to what gear/weapon specs rangers should be mostly using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Well for explorable dungeons you should be stacking toughness/Vit and if possible some healing power, Outside of explorables anything goes as far as stats.

As for weapons it is really personal choice, I prefer using an axe/war horn combo while exploring as it means tagging the most enemies and carry a greatsword as a backup for when I want to get in close, however I switch the greatsword for a longbow while doing instances as melee range is dangerous and a longbow is better single target dps than an axe.

You should really just experiment with the different combinations and builds as I find the game is really well balanced with regard to weapons/traits which allows for far more diversity in options compared to most MMO's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Eh it depends really mate.

In PvE you can't go wrong with the Longbow / Axe + Warhorn set-up.

Buff yourself with the warhorn, apply bleed from the axe and then swap to longbow and open with your invulnurability (3) and burn down with rapidfire. Just remember to always stay at max range with the longbow to get the extra damage.

Quickening is a fantastic utility for burst damage and you can't go wrong with Rampage as your elite. You can pretty much go classcannon spec and stack power / crit as your pets will take all the aggro.

Remember a good 30% of your damage comes from your pet. Good PvE pets are the Lynx for pure damage and something tanky like a Bear or Jungle Spider.

PvP is a completely different story however and alot of Rangers struggle. I have tried multiple builds and set-ups and the problem comes from the fact that the Rangers damage is mediocre compared to most classes. If you stack power, precision and crit damage to compensate you end up with no survivability.

What does work great however is a Condition damage bleed stacking build using the shortbow / axe + warhorn. For it to work though you need to stack Condition damage as your main stat and use traits that complement it.

With quickening, sharpening stone, your axe's bleed and then flanking with the shortbows auto attack you can get up to 25 stacks on your target in a few seconds and maintain it with the shortbow. If done properly it does crazy damage and allows you to have good survivability aswell. Lightning reflexes is also necessary to keep distance and break stuns.

Use a wolf and Jungle Spider as pets as they have great CC. Keep them on rotation and make sure they are using their skills. For your elite skill you can go either Entangle or Rampage as they both work well. Entangle will allow you to get behind your target for valuable seconds and stack bleed with the shortbow and Rampage allows you to stay CC free for 20 seconds with a great damage buff so it's down to play style.

The main thing is to keep moving, strafe around your target and try and get those stacks from the side and land the shortbows cripple and daze when they are up to help Kite.

Edit: Here's the build if you want to check it out.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.6.10.4.0.21.0.0.0.0.133.144.142.145.152.9.4.29.0.0.0.392.394.400.408.414.417.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.30.30.5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Well after forgetting/not noticing to do any puzzles I was told by a mate about the 3 in lions arch and loved em. So googled the ones for the areas I already had done 100% (not how to do em, but where they are :P) and they're great craic.

But my gawd the lorners pass and metrica province ones lol. Rage inducing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

For anyone interested, the boards.ie TS3 server is back up. There's a GW2 channel and if anyone wants to make sub-channels by all means do.

Address: eurots1.gameservers.com:9107

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Character name : Furyio

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I reckon im going to buy this game but im wondering where's the cheapest place to buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cheapest place you'd get it is probably in a shop. Cheapest online is still over €51.

http://www.dlcompare.com/games/guild-wars-2-digital-download-276

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ok this has gone beyond a joke at this stage. It's been about 8 days since I last logged in and must have gotten about 6 responses from customer support with generic help tips to unlock my account. Still nothing seems to work. Am I screwed or can I some how get my money back. Anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Glebee wrote: »
    Ok this has gone beyond a joke at this stage. It's been about 8 days since I last logged in and must have gotten about 6 responses from customer support with generic help tips to unlock my account. Still nothing seems to work. Am I screwed or can I some how get my money back. Anybody any ideas?

You have a 30-day return period.

EDIT: What's the best source for GW2? The main three I know of are

* mmorpg . com
    * teamlegacy.net
    * arenajunkies.com

Anyone know of any other GW2 exclusive sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So gave in and picked it up there. Was thinking it was that or another WoW expansion and I just can't go back to that game now. Never played Guild Wars so it may take a while to learn the ropes but I'm looking forward to it. What server/faction are the majority of boardsies on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

alot on gunnars hold I believe

So gave in and picked it up there. Was thinking it was that or another WoW expansion and I just can't go back to that game now. Never played Guild Wars so it may take a while to learn the ropes but I'm looking forward to it. What server/faction are the majority of boardsies on?

Gunnar's Hold. Put your CHARACTER name here for a Guild invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

shoot me one actually, Im Robotoad in game

Kiith wrote: »
    Cheapest place you'd get it is probably in a shop. Cheapest online is still over €51.

http://www.dlcompare.com/games/guild-wars-2-digital-download-276

HMV

€34

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TheDoc wrote: »
    HMV

€34

wow great price

Their uk site is dearer than that

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TheDoc wrote: »
    HMV

€34

€37.99 in store when I checked last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Would this run on my macbook until I get a proper computer anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Gandalph wrote: »

Click here to check Or try this one

Not sure if they work on mac, But worth a try anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

God I fecking hate Wow and its community, aka half the MMO community. Game is a disease. reading all these forums and so much rage and moans about the dungeons being to hard, people just want rewards for no bloody risk. drives me mad.

Ive done about half the dungeons on offer, some story some explorable and although alooot of deaths we done em 1st time each time. It just takes 5 decent players and to be on the ball 100% of the time with your own class, trait right skill right and don't ever get lazy.

Reminds me of Rifts early days, the Tier2 runs were hard but so rewarding for good grps I loved doing em with mates, then they nerfed em into easymode facerolling runs like WoW, and you had to do em 20times now for loot instead of twice. Was death of the game for me since I didn't raid in it.

Why are people so against bit of hard work and a challenge? Granted the 10copper in a boss chest or no chest at all sucks the big one, but thats nothing to do with the challenge of what comes before it that all the rage is about.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Gandalph wrote: »

How old is it?

€37.99 in store when I checked last week.

I might have had a deposit down on it come to think

Hey guys,

Just been checking around some sites and stuff this morning and was looking at the CURRENT Server WvWvW Rankings.

In Europe, Gunnar's Hold is ranked 9th. That's a pretty strong position to be in ahead of some pretty highly populated and popular servers! Just thought I'd let everyone know! Would be great to get as many people as possible into CI so we can start effecting the WvWvW outcomes and get our names on the list.

Source: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Current-world-rankings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'll go up in the ranks though. There was very little organised WvW done in the first two weeks, to stop people using a free transfer to come onto the good servers. So expect to see Gunnars climb that ladder :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im some fecking idiot,I didnt realise that after you do an event and you get mail you get coin and have to press take all,I missed out on a lot of coin id say :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Im some fecking idiot,I didnt realise that after you do an event and you get mail you get coin and have to press take all,I missed out on a lot of coin id say :-(
    Ah you get shag all coins from those. It'd add up to a couple of silver which you would make up quick enough by selling junk you've collected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

oh wow.............. i wish i knew that :eek:

Advertisement