Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I have a lose boss on the threads for my bottle cage. How can this be fixed?

frames probably a write off at this stage unfortunately, the rotational stress from a loose boss creates miniature cracks throughout the entire downtube making it unsafe to use...

Not necessarily. I've had all bolts and the threads replaced on mine with no issues other than minor scratches on the frame.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Paid a brief visit to Dublin today to mark the second anniversary of my brothers wife's death from cancer. We released some balloons atop Howth Head which was nice despite the inclement weather. While there it was great to see so many cyclists of all ages out and about. It's a great focal point for cyclists and I hate not having it on my doorstep any more.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

These were probably the most unlucky holidays I had, fortunately they are over..
    I woke up Sunday at 4am to take the ferry from a very remote island in greece to athens which is a 10hour trip. I also woke up to a swolen face due to an allergy of some sort, took a anti-allergy pill and went to the ferry hoping there will be a doctor in there. How wrong was I! They didn't even have painkillers, disgrace! 12hours later I was rushed to the hospital where I waited 5 hours for someone to see me, they didn't know what caused it so I took a load of cortizone and lots of hours to bring down the swelling. At this point I am just glad I am still alive...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

AstraMonti wrote: »
    These were probably the most unlucky holidays I had, fortunately they are over..
    I woke up Sunday at 4am to take the ferry from a very remote island in greece to athens which is a 10hour trip. I also woke up to a swolen face due to an allergy of some sort, took a anti-allergy pill and went to the ferry hoping there will be a doctor in there. How wrong was I! They didn't even have painkillers, disgrace! 12hours later I was rushed to the hospital where I waited 5 hours for someone to see me, they didn't know what caused it so I took a load of cortizone and lots of hours to bring down the swelling. At this point I am just glad I am still alive...

Scary stuff. It's raining here. Does that help? Seriously though, take it handy chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Not necessarily. I've had all bolts and the threads replaced on mine with no issues other than minor scratches on the frame.

I also had a rattly cage boss fixed. Some neat home-made tool by Cliff when he was in Cyclelogical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

So I took a load of cortizone and lots of hours to bring down the swelling. At this point I am just glad I am still alive...

Hope you got a TUE for that mate !

In other news I hope you are ok dude and that you come right..

Interview went well today, and regardless it's practically definite that I'll be starting work in a separate position tomorrow. Hooray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Ouch! That's not good at all. If ever there was a case for the Greeks to pay all some of their taxes...:rolleyes:

Get well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Astra given what has befallen you on holidays in Greece & France I think that you need to stop going on holidays. Also didn't you get really ill on another cycling holiday a few years back.

Seriously dude, stay in work. Holidays are hazardous for your health.

Get well soon. Pace yourself chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

From Facebook:

220241.png

Oh yeah, me and Cee double-V go way back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

DIY replica sky world championship jersey
    shamelessly stolen from bikeradar
    A2dNKjgCUAEDxB_.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Watching the jersey ceremony on the last stage and I think one of the Greenedge boys were getting a jersey and they did the 'call me' fone to the ear thing, I wonder if they will update the youtube vid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Lusk Doyle wrote: »

i was actually attempting to be sarcastic :o thought he meant that the bolt was literally just loose :pac:

i was actually attempting to be sarcastic :o thought he meant that the bolt was literally just loose :pac:

i know someonne who had a year old trek madone replaced witha new one (by trek ) when the bottle cage pulled out the nut and cracked all thecarbon fibre round the hole in the process

woo hooo iphone 5 has an apple designed sim card (this is an advantage how?)

watch apple sim cards been chrged for

think i'll stick with my s3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Sitting in a doctors waiting room here with Jeremy Kyle on, riveting stuff altogether.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

i know someonne who had a year old trek madone replaced witha new one (by trek ) when the bottle cage pulled out the nut and cracked all thecarbon fibre round the hole in the process

Jaysus. For the want of a shoe ... etc

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Sitting in a doctors waiting room here with Jeremy Kyle on, riveting stuff altogether.

Lowest common denomon, deen, denno gob****es!!

How's the embarrassing rash:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

When my wife was pregnant and we went for the usual check ups in the hospital, TV3 was left on in the waiting room all day. And as our appointment was usually first thing in the morning we had to sit through that crap. It was more depressing than just sitting around looking at a blank wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

ThisRegard wrote: »
    When my wife was pregnant and we went for the usual check ups in the hospital, TV3 was left on in the waiting room all day. And as our appointment was usually first thing in the morning we had to sit through that crap. It was more depressing than just sitting around looking at a blank wall.

I hope you gave her the ol' lie detector before agreeing to drag yo' ass to the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I tell ye, it made us feel like we were the best couple in the world after a couple of episodes of that. I think couples counselling should involved a marathon session of Kyle and at the end each person will think, hang on a minute, my bird/bloke is actually not that bad at all.

Problem solved.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Jaysus, if ya didn't need help beforehand you'd certainly need help after a few hours of Jeremy Kyle on repeat. The mind boggles that there's an audience for this kinda crap.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I was around half an hour in with the doctor, five minutes diagnoses and twenty five talking about cycling.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

21%2520Should%2520have%2520done%2520this%2520before%2520the%2520race.JPG

described by reporters as a "long term Illness of the sport", fans were quick to say that the mod was innocent and that it was probably just Saline as it is see through :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Complete with black socks to hide the infusion point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

1 hour later.....

l6115403.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I can beat that, Dolphin House Family Law Court, oh the irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Who owns the black boardman with high vis stickers on the frame? I seem to remember it being someone on here...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

BX 19 wrote: »
    Who owns the black boardman with high vis stickers on the frame? I seem to remember it being someone on here...

Sounds like The Wasp, which I think belongs to Keep Her Lit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement