Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 johnnyboy18

Mad Shark wrote: »
    what score did you get as a matter of interest?

748 - hoping for trinity

With 742 I reckon you're in with a shot for rcsi and ucd - prob not tcd

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Saracarroll

Will 741 be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Paralysis

Will 753 be enough for Trinity? Just received my A-level results...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sparky1111

Hey guys, does anyone know how I go about withdrawing my application and if I'll get a refund? I'm from england and have just got my results and met my offer(i applied to ireland as a backup). Being a poor student I'll need every penny I can get! :)

741- I think maybe rcsi and ucd but not tcd
    753 should be enough I reckon for tcd - who knows Trinitys most popular and always highest score so it's difficult but that score will definitely get you in somewhere

Just contact cao I'm sure you're not the only one that does that. Not sure about refund though. Do you mind me asking what score you had just out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 BigManG

Reckon 752 will enough for UCD first round?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

743 in NUIG? I'm hopeful...

someone's set up a survey to provide an estimate of points - check it out

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80267934#post80267934

• Registered Users Posts: 23 D0nal

I got 540 in the leaving. I wasn't happy with a few of my results. I'm currently sitting on a medicine score of 726 which almost defiantly won't be enough. I'm considering getting a few results appealed to see if I can get up to 545 or 550. If I was successful and had enough points after an appeal would I still be accepted into medicine this year or would I have to wait until next year does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

D0nal wrote: »
    I got 540 in the leaving. I wasn't happy with a few of my results. I'm currently sitting on a medicine score of 726 which almost defiantly won't be enough. I'm considering getting a few results appealed to see if I can get up to 545 or 550. If I was successful and had enough points after an appeal would I still be accepted into medicine this year or would I have to wait until next year does anyone know?
    For any high demand course, unless something exceptional happens like someone drops out in the first week you're likely to get an offer for start in 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

Good luck to all med applicants!! Only got 726 in total so that won't be enough! Ill repeat the HPAT and hopefully be in the year below next year!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 marienhof

I only got 738 so im considering repeating hpat aswell :) might see ya :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

marienhof wrote: »

Hold your horses! :P It's hard to know, but you might be surprised on Monday... It's hard to see everywhere going past 738, y'know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sparky1111

741- I think maybe rcsi and ucd but not tcd
    753 should be enough I reckon for tcd - who knows Trinitys most popular and always highest score so it's difficult but that score will definitely get you in somewhere

Just contact cao I'm sure you're not the only one that does that. Not sure about refund though. Do you mind me asking what score you had just out of curiosity?

Thanks I just couldnt be bothered contacting them today I'll ring them tomorrow! 746 would ve my score- I don't envy you all waiting for offers!
    Good luck to you all!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mcnm1993

marienhof wrote: »

I know how u r feeling I'm on 738 is well. I was disappointed by A2s in both English and Religion. Hopefully, i might be successful on appeal but for now I can only keep my fingers crossed that NUIG won't go up by more than 10 points. Best of luck on Monday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

With the HPAT scores static, I doubt we'll see a 9 point increase in points like last year for NUIG. There are two factors that will push up the points - a marginal increase in medicine applicants which'll push it up maybe 1/2 points to 730/731, and then the bonus points whose effects are very tough to tell. Worst case scenario, 735/736, best case scenario 733/734.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mad Shark

jumpguy wrote: »
    With the HPAT scores static, I doubt we'll see a 9 point increase in points like last year for NUIG. There are two factors that will push up the points - a marginal increase in medicine applicants which'll push it up maybe 1/2 points to 730/731, and then the bonus points whose effects are very tough to tell. Worst case scenario, 735/736, best case scenario 733/734.

And what about the Dublin Colleges - am on 742 - will i get anywhere in Dublin does anyone think?

mcnm1993 wrote: »
    I know how u r feeling I'm on 738 is well. I was disappointed by A2s in both English and Religion. Hopefully, i might be successful on appeal but for now I can only keep my fingers crossed that NUIG won't go up by more than 10 points. Best of luck on Monday.:)

Most people are confident it wont jump that much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Mad Shark wrote: »
    And what about the Dublin Colleges - am on 742 - will i get anywhere in Dublin does anyone think?
    Ah yeah, you should be grand for a Dublin college with that I reckon*, UCD or RCSI. Maybe not TCD though.

*This entire analysis based on looking at the points, adding 1/2 for the increase in applicants, then 4/5 for the bonus points in maths. So seriously, don't get your hopes up until Monday.

someone's set up a survey to provide an estimate of points - check it out

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80267934#post80267934

Dont forget to enter your scores before Sunday using the above link - the more the merrier to give us all an indication... its interesting to see the high scores competing for Trinity!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AOceanicFly

Hey everyone, I've been watching this discussion for a while but this is my first time to post, so be nice. : p I have 575 in the leaving cert and a HPAT score of 190 which is in the 91% percentile, giving me a combined score of 745. I would absolutely love love love to get UCD, but unsure will I get it or not. I have 10 points to spare on the points for UCD last year (735), so I'm a bit worried it could be tight. I said I'd ask you guys what ye thought. Enough or not? : S Thanks a million. : D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

Hey everyone, I've been watching this discussion for a while but this is my first time to post, so be nice. : p I have 575 in the leaving cert and a HPAT score of 190 which is in the 91% percentile, giving me a combined score of 745. I would absolutely love love love to get UCD, but unsure will I get it or not. I have 10 points to spare on the points for UCD last year (735), so I'm a bit worried it could be tight. I said I'd ask you guys what ye thought. Enough or not? : S Thanks a million. : D

I'd say you have a very good chance to be honest but hard to know what affect the bonus maths points will have. In my opinion though UCD shouldn't rise by 10 points due to HPAT scores being the same or slightly down compared to last year but I could be completely wrong come Monday so don't bank on it. Best of luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 drbtrenier

Just as a matter of interest, is anyone willing to guess at the proportion of students getting offers for medicine who get it on the first attempt? By this, I mean Leaving Cert and HPAT both taken for the first time in 2012. I'm only asking because I'm curious, no other reason! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

isn't that 765, or is my maths appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derick990

votecounts wrote: »
    isn't that 765, or is my maths appalling

You forgot to adjust the LC score after 550.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nogivingup

drbtrenier wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest, is anyone willing to guess at the proportion of students getting offers for medicine who get it on the first attempt? By this, I mean Leaving Cert and HPAT both taken for the first time in 2012. I'm only asking because I'm curious, no other reason! :)

I'm a second Med in Trinity- there are 173 of us in total- 123 or so Irish. (including Postgrad and such)
    Of that 48 got in with one Leaving Cert, one HPAT.

Anyone else go from worrying about getting your preference to just worrying about getting in anywhere?!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Anyone else go from worrying about getting your preference to just worrying about getting in anywhere?!

I'd be happy with anywhere in Dublin (tcd, ucd or rcsi). I'm hoping not to have to move out to NUIG or UCC at 745.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Coffee1234

I got 744, hoping for trinity but I say it will be tight...what do people think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Darksider

Coffee1234 wrote: »
    I got 744, hoping for trinity but I say it will be tight...what do people think?

I'd be very skeptical of trinity being as low as 744 this year, probably more like 746 on random selection.

edit: sorry I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I just expect first round points to go up by more than 3 since last year but I could be wrong! you'll almost definitely get a place in some medicine course anyway :)

Advertisement