Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I suppose I find it a bit odd because I grew up with "moshers" who changed their hair colour, pierced everything they could and got tattoo's in their late teens. A lot of them were also immature. I was always the more mature, conservative of the group. Some of them are 23/24/25 now and are sill very childish and are still in to the hair dying stuff they did in their teens. I have had a night out here or there at birthday parties with a few of them and I can only handle them in small doses now. Far too childish for my liking! I suppose that's the association I've made with the body image stuff. But that's my problem.

I'm the exact same!! I look at these people I grew up with and they're still floating around getting stoned drinking cheap cans and now they're on the dole. Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

krudler wrote: »
    the Skrillex look?
    Something more along the lines of this:
    fire-red-shaved-undercut--large-msg-131045453739.jpg
    Speaking of Skrillex, look what I found! :D
    http://girlsthatlooklikeskrillex.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah the skrillex look is everywhere, ugh, hipsters, if theres one style that needs to die quickly its that, shove your polaroid camera up your hole and stop drawing moustaches on your fingers you pretentious fcukwits.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm away from home for a couple of weeks with work soon, and prices for flights for the OH to join me for a weekend are dropping.

Am imagining a lovely weekend with the OH as opposed to a few weeks away without seeing him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

McChubbin wrote: »
    Something more along the lines of this: fire-red-shaved-undercut--large-msg-131045453739.jpg
    Speaking of Skrillex, look what I found! :D
    http://girlsthatlooklikeskrillex.tumblr.com/
    Just personal preference I guess, but I find that so trashy. My brothers girlfriend had that done before, with the shaved part dyed purple. Absolutely nasty, but then again, horses for courses.

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I'm the exact same!! I look at these people I grew up with and they're still floating around getting stoned drinking cheap cans and now they're on the dole. Nuff said.

Same here. I went to an all-girl Catholic secondary school and the vast majority of the girls who went there (and passive-agressively bullied me for the first 2 years...) ended up pregnant by the time I graduated.
    The girls I ran with were mainly art students to kept to themselves, didn't really drink and generally spent their time talking about music and art.
    Since there was a strict dress code, from the time I was 12 until I was 17, I could only wear natural hair colours and clear nail polish, no make-up.
    I rebelled in my own way, tho- I used to cut thumb-holes in my sweaters, hide black nail polish under the over-long cuffs and I wore pentagram necklaces under my shirt. Yes, I was something of a Goth. Shaddap.

I also met President Mary MacAleese in 2nd year with two badly stitched holes in my jumper. Soon as the tour ended, I sat down at the big dining table in Aras On Uctharon (sp?) and gleefully undid the threads so I could poke my thumbs through.

I suppose in a way I'm catching up on all the crazy self-expression I missed out on. :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

roighhhhtt, ehmmm - not going to wander out there again!!!

Must go in and check on cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I actually think that girl with the Skrillex hair pulls off that look, but probably because she's already pretty.

I've had my lobes, tragus, upper ear, lip and nose pierced. The only one I don't wear now is the lip. I actually love my nose piercing, because it's quite dainty. Huge plugs aren't nice IMO but I wouldn't knock someone for getting them.

Tattoos can be lovely, or tacky. I have plans for a tattoo eventually but it would have to be hidden, given the profession I'll be going into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I just dunno how anyone could feel that putting a hole in a place where there probably shouldn't be a hole can be appealing!

This sounds like it needs a Bluewolf answer....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

e03ef746748a4068f22dbfe46eacdcc9-d4y3bbr.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I suppose in a way I'm catching up on all the crazy self-expression I missed out on. :)

Maybe I'm getting a bit of that too, but I say go for it and don't be ashamed! I kinda like the guaged earlobes thing too, just not too big, smaller ones look fantastic. Just express yourself and to hell with what anyone else thinks! ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    Just express yourself and to hell with what anyone else thinks! ;)

This.

Always look the way you want to. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

So drained. Flight home and a whopper with the mother. Why do I get so fricking emotional?!

Albection wrote: »
    This.

Always look the way you want to. :)

except don't be a hipster, they're like internet trolls in human form.

I'm certainly not a hipster. Granted, I *do* tend to shun today's music for stuff from the 70's, 80s, 90s and early 2000s but that's only because of dubstep and AutoTune.
    In other news, all the lovely apartments in Swords start at €1000+ a month, don't accept Rent Allowence and don't allow pets. FFS...will I EVER get my own place?!

EDIT: For anyone who went to see Madonna and died a little when she kept playing on the new crap:

I'm certainly not a hipster. Granted, I *do* tend to shun today's music for stuff from the 70's, 80s, 90s and early 2000s but that's only because of dubstep and AutoTune.

oh modern music is by and large utter cock, especially chart stuff,autotuned nonsense.

by hipsters I mean wearing ironic clothes ironically, using old cameras or instagram to take pics of food, moustaches on fingers, uggggh, bunch of ass nozzles.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Albection has boy bits;)

:eek:
    Dolbert wrote: »
    His earring looks like a toilet seat

Made me LOL.

Had a date tonight. Don't think I'll be seeing him again. He kept picking his ears... and looking at what he picked. :cool:

oh modern music is by and large utter cock, especially chart stuff,autotuned nonsense.

by hipsters I mean wearing ironic clothes ironically, using old cameras or instagram to take pics of food, moustaches on fingers, uggggh, bunch of ass nozzles.

Ironic clothing? Not sure what you mean by that? :/ I enjoy old cameras and vintage phtography but I never use instagram as it makes the pictures look 'fake' and 'overprocessed'. If you want to get a nice vintage picture, go buy a proper vintage camera! *is a nerd for cameras*
    As for the mustashe thing, I was actually considering getting Mario's mushtashe tattooed onto my left index finger purely for ****s and giggles. I'm not one to post up a sh'itton of duck-face photographs or pictures of my last bowel movement/lunch/period. I suppose I have *some* tendencies that could be labelled 'hipster' but trust me when I say I don't actively strive to be one.

Ironic clothing?

The one that springs to mind is that stupid t-shirt you see heaps of idiots wearing. "You laugh at me because I am different. I laugh at you because you're all the same". He says while wearing a tshirt that a million other "misunderstood" people are wearing.

OH THE IRONING.

Recent photographic evidence does seem to limit your ability to make such an accusation krudler. :pac:

The following may be upsetting: http://i.imgur.com/yVH3L.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FFS lads.

Why do ye let other people's style choices bother ye? Seriously.

I love seeing lots of differently and unusually dressed people going around.

As for saying you think a haircut someone on thread wants to get is "trashy", now that's just plain rude. I don't care what qualifiers you slot in ahead of it.

Larianne wrote: »
    :eek:

This wasn't already known?!

If you listen really quietly, I think you might just hear the sound of my fragile male ego smashing into a thousand bits...

Das Kitty wrote: »
    FFS lads.

As for saying you think a haircut someone on thread wants to get is "trashy", now that's just plain rude. I don't care what qualifiers you slot in ahead of it.
    Well I do apologise if I've offended you, but I'm just stating my opinion. I find it trashy, personally. It doesn't bother me what other people do to themselves. I personally wouldn't do it because I find it trashy. As I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have their tongue pierced because they find it trashy, or a lot of people not wanting to get a tattoo on their lower back, for fear of looking trashy. Other people don't care. I don't know whats so rude about having an opinion. - Shrug -

Just looked up "Ironic clothing" and found a T-shirt that says "I had Aspergers before it was cool."

I admit, I giggled. :D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    FFS lads.

Although, I think some people look a bit silly in how they dress, wouldn't it be boring if we all dressed the same? And you know, I look at other people and what they wear and get ideas for my own style.

Fashion evolves and changes and goes back to different eras. Each to their own I say. (although I wish the young girls wearing those VERY VERY short shorts, ie knicker shorts would wear tights or something underneath. It creeps me out seeing men perving on these young girls. :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

My room mate is playing some awful computer game in the room next door. The sound effects make it sound like a puppy is choking. For a few seconds I was worried he was choking and was readying up my Heimlich maneuver. Then I remembered he only has a cup of tea in there. I listened a bit harder and yeah, terrible computer game.

Dragon's Dogma is the game for those of you interested.

Albection wrote: »
    This wasn't already known?!

If you listen really quietly, I think you might just hear the sound of my fragile male ego smashing into a thousand bits...

Nah, I must have missed the first day of the thread when everyone was introduced. :(

Polloloca wrote: »
    I don't know whats so rude about having an opinion. - Shrug -

There's nothing rude about having an opinion. It's just when and how it's conveyed can lead to issues.

Larianne wrote: »
    Nah, I must have missed the first day of the thread when everyone was introduced. :(

I must have had my inherent, overwhelming and exceedingly obvious masculinity accidentally turned off for quite a while so.

Yep, that's it.

<_<
    >_>

• Advertisement

Ironic clothing? Not sure what you mean by that? :/ I enjoy old cameras and vintage phtography but I never use instagram as it makes the pictures look 'fake' and 'overprocessed'. If you want to get a nice vintage picture, go buy a proper vintage camera! *is a nerd for cameras*
    As for the mustashe thing, I was actually considering getting Mario's mushtashe tattooed onto my left index finger purely for ****s and giggles. I'm not one to post up a sh'itton of duck-face photographs or pictures of my last bowel movement/lunch/period. I suppose I have *some* tendencies that could be labelled 'hipster' but trust me when I say I don't actively strive to be one.

thats the hipster badge of honour. :pac:

http://www.guidespot.com/guides/hipster_douchbag

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement