Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Ilyana wrote: »
    Ah yeah I'm sure she'll be fine. I used to despise handling leftover food, but I have to do it so much at work that it's no big deal now.

Being a vet must be so rewarding but tough in other ways. Like any job where you're dealing with living things in a caring capacity I guess!

I want to work with robots. No stress or grossness involved with robots. Only lazers and awesome.

I'm also putting my vote in for panadas :D I met koalas in australia. They're smelly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going to contact the peeps at my local piercing place. Apparently, I'm doing everything wrong in regards to stretching my lobes. :/
    It's harder than it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

McChubbin wrote: »
    Going to contact the peeps at my local piercing place. Apparently, I'm doing everything wrong in regards to stretching my lobes. :/
    It's harder than it looks.

Just wondering why you would even want to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

i-have-the-necessary-koalafications.jpg

I'd love to put him on my business cards:D

Mars Bar wrote: »

I'm presuming personal choice!!

Just like tattoos or any other piercing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My Favourite guy is the one in the middle...its like "Oh ya caught me!" :pac:

BLEI7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Lucyfur wrote: »

I'd love to put him on my business cards:D

OMG it looks like Michael D Higgins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

frabz-I-dont-care-about-your-koalafications-Theyre-irrelephant-e2b08f.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Albection wrote: »
    Ok, I think I've completed the plan for the next few years of my life:

1. Start and finish final year project.
    2. Graduate.
    3. Become a panda.
    4. Eat.
    5. Sleep.
    6. Repeat steps 4 & 5.
    7. Official panda business.
    8. More of 4 & 5.
    9. Lead panda revolution to overthrow communist government of China.
    10. Pandaing (advanced).
    11. Back to 4 & 5.
    Would you not consider becoming a koala?

She does have all of the koalafications.

Ill get my coat.

Oops my internets is slow, yiz all beat me to it!

• Advertisement

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    She does have all of the koalafications.

Ill get my coat.

Albection has boy bits;)

I'm presuming personal choice!!

Just like tattoos or any other piercing.

Yeah I suppose.

I just dunno how anyone could feel that putting a hole in a place where there probably shouldn't be a hole can be appealing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Never say no to Panda. Possibly the greatest ad campain ever run

Yeah I suppose.

I just dunno how anyone could feel that putting a hole in a place where there probably shouldn't be a hole can be appealing!
    So you dont like any piercings?

Yeah I suppose.

I wouldn't be a fan of piercings for myself but they suit some people:)

Love tattoos:D

Am tempted to get a tiny baby plug in one ear lobe. The little ones are cute.

Ella Bella wrote: »
    So you dont like any piercings?

I don't have any but I don't mind normal stud piercings. My sister has a couple and they look great.

Creating a hole in your lobe that eventually you can see through? No thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Well, considering that my teenager years were spent being stifled and smothered by a well-meaning but somewhat overbearing mother, I'm currently trying to break out of my shell a little bit and experiment with my looks.
    This includes getting tattoos, piercings and, hopefully when Shave or Dye comes around, a drastic change of haircut.

FFS, I'm 24 and the craziest haircut I ever had was a reverse mullet- IE: long in the front with a shaved back. Best haircut ever but my mother HATED it and constantly nagged me to grow it out. I swear, I seriously need to move out but it's not finacially possible right now.

I know I should exhert more of a "my body, my choice" attitiude but I hate causing conflict. It took a lot of convincing before she'd let me start stretching. I'm not to go any further than 4mm which suits me fine. I suppose you could say it also ties in with the whole weight-loss shtick.

New haircut, new body shape, new tattoos, new piercings. That's my opinion on it. :/ But getting back to your original question: stretched lobes can look pretty cool when teamed with an undercut hairdo. :) My plan is to let my hair grow down to shoulder-lenght, dye it either blue or fire-engine red and get the underside shaved off so that it looks perfectly normal when it's down, the shaved bit only being exposed when it's tied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My plan is to let my hair grow down to shoulder-lenght, dye it either blue or fire-engine red and get the underside shaved off so that it looks perfectly normal when it's down, the shaved bit only being exposed when it's tied up.

the Skrillex look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I don't like those gaping holes in ears either, they make me shiver :o but each to their own!

There's a deal going on the gym in the city centre, and I've bought it :D it has me all excited. I'll be able to work out in normal temperatures!! with even surfaces!! And hopefully with less people staring! For anybody that's interested here it is: http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/deals/404?referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mydealpage.ie%2F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I think stretched lobes look deadly! I do think ther are some places on the body that shouldn't be stretched though! But I love lots of them.

I have 7 piercings, would love more but there's no good place near me for body piercings :( my regular guy in Dublin will get a Christmas bonus when I come home :D

I think getting piercings is similar to anything we do to change our appearance. You dye hair, put on make up, tattoos or piercings. All changing yourself from your natural state cause you feel better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Sounds deadly McChubbin!

nosegauger.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

His earring looks like a toilet seat

I cant see anything in that pic that looks good/attractive. He totally messed up his head.

Fair play for taking the plunge to make you feel better about yourself McChubbin! I respect that!

I suppose I find it a bit odd because I grew up with "moshers" who changed their hair colour, pierced everything they could and got tattoo's in their late teens. A lot of them were also immature. I was always the more mature, conservative of the group. Some of them are 23/24/25 now and are sill very childish and are still in to the hair dying stuff they did in their teens. I have had a night out here or there at birthday parties with a few of them and I can only handle them in small doses now. Far too childish for my liking! I suppose that's the association I've made with the body image stuff. But that's my problem.

That pic should come with a Not Safe tag of some sort! Disgusting...

Boards is acting weird. It says Awec last posted in the thread but it won't show me his post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Hello again!

Can't feel my legs anymore, manual work is hard. Day 3 and spending 12 hours at it. Nearly done though :D

Congrats javagirl! She's sounds like the perfect baby!

I logged in and meant to say something, but I forgot...got distracted by the jam doughnut recipe in the cooking club....im so sleepy...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement