Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Have a great time Honey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Polloloca wrote: »
    Jacob never gets completely naked in any of the twilight movies. Disappointing.
    Ewwww my 10 yr old nephew is the image of him (well Jamie's eyebrow bones arent as low) and i kept cringing when he had his shirt off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've never seen pleasantville :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

What the fuck?! Work is now busy! I miss catching up on tv and being paid for it! :pac:

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Try not to let the place get too overrun with cats & cake while I'm away...

I'll overrun it with shoes! haha, get it? a pun! :pac:

got my eye on another pair of docs though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm just fair removed from this stuff, have never heard of twilight.

I'd to ask someone today what swedish house mafia music was, and then have it translated to the nineties

I think I might be a backward timewarp :D

twilight is the story of a moody girl who falls for a vampire who can not only go out in the sun, but sparkles in it. yes sparkles. I'll say it again, sparkles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

krudler wrote: »
    twilight is the story of a moody girl who falls for a vampire who can not only go out in the sun, but sparkles in it. yes sparkles. I'll say it again, sparkles.

also she's 17 and he's a hundred and something but likes hanging around with teens
    and he sneaks into her room to watch her sleep but it's not creepy it's like totally romantic omg

also the vampire SPARKLES
    doesnt turn to dust, no no

There are two really, really amazing vampire movie love stories in the last decade, and neither of them are twilight :)

Let-The-Right-One-In-19-42.jpg
    thirst.jpg

:D

I'm looking at you Krudler, bet you know them! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Have fun Honey, bring us back a stick of rock! (and some sunshine!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

bluewolf wrote: »
    also she's 17 and he's a hundred and something but likes hanging around with teens
    and he sneaks into her room to watch her sleep but it's not creepy it's like totally romantic omg

Jesus :eek:

I like the odd historic vampire novel but that sounds like ****

I've just finished reading escape from Camp 14 if that helps with perspective?

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »

ha yeah, he's got the mind of an old guy by the body of a teen, and is grooming a young girl, oh and her werewolf boybestie falls in love with her newborn baby.

her newborn. baby.

you can slo blame Twish1te for 50 Shades Of Grey, its a fanfction spinoff of it with all the vampire stuff taken out.

I like sparkles :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ha yeah, he's got the mind of an old guy by the body of a teen, and is grooming a young girl, oh and her werewolf boybestie falls in love with her newborn baby.

her newborn. baby.

you can slo blame Twish1te for 50 Shades Of Grey, its a fanfction spinoff of it with all the vampire stuff taken out.

This is not right. Any of my historic vampires who end up in our world novels are not focussed on sexual stuff they are actually quite fascinating.

No close to incest stuff.

I've not read that fifty shades of grey, I did wonder what the buzz was in the shops.

I should perhaps start up a "how to ignore the modern world" class?
    I've still not figured out pause and rewind on the sky plus, as I simply can't be bothered :)

Ella Bella wrote: »
    I like sparkles :o

watch a proper vampire movie you :p

Blade/Blade 2
    From Dusk Til Dawn
    Dracula
    30 Days Of Night
    Fright Night
    Let The Right One In

any of them are infintely better vampire movies than Twilight :cool:

watch a proper vampire movie you :p
    LOL i will, i promise. Just for you.

I got caught up in the love story. I really need to get me some!!! :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Have a great time Honey!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Links234 wrote: »
    There are two really, really amazing vampire movie love stories in the last decade, and neither of them are twilight :)

Let-The-Right-One-In-19-42.jpg
    thirst.jpg

:D

I'm looking at you Krudler, bet you know them! ;)

Pfft. Let the Right One In and Thirst.

Thirst is a bit long IMO, got a bit saggy half way through.

D'ya know what's a really crappy vamp film that people seem to love? The Lost Boys. The only think I enjoyed about it was the line: "You're a **** sucking vampire!"

:pac:

I wish the ****ing pain I have constantly the past six weeks would go away.

Just be gone I want to wake up and not have the first thing I think of be pain, wondering how I'll get through the day, what meds I can take that won't feck me up in work, having a life at the weekends without wondering how it will hurt.

Sorry, am having a self pitying moment.

Im getting treatment but even privately it's a long hard slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I wish the ****ing pain I have constantly the past six weeks would go away.

Just be gone I want to wake up and not have the first thing I think of be pain, wondering how I'll get through the day, what meds I can take that won't feck me up in work, having a life at the weekends without wondering how it will hurt.

Sorry, am having a self pitying moment.

Im getting treatment but even privately it's a long hard slog.

Hope you get it sorted soon missy. Chronic pain is fúckin awful. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Its so cold. Im frozen. Need more socks. Bring on the winter.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Hope you get it sorted soon missy. Chronic pain is fúckin awful. :cool:

This is classed as acute/chronic pain it fluctuates.

Hopefully sorted by end September.

I'm grateful I have health insurance, otherwise I'd be waiting forever. Have to admit I've put up with it intermittently for years until it became an ongoing issue this past year, and got far worse the past six weeks, I've almost forgotten what it is to be without pain.

Excuse the whinging.

Polloloca wrote: »
    Its so cold. Im frozen. Need more socks. Bring on the winter.
    Eh? :confused:

Eh? :confused:

Ì'd the fire on last night I was so cold.

Ì'd the fire on last night I was so cold.
    Oh i get that. It's just she's so cold and wants the winter to come quicker? Surely if you're cold you'd rather the sun and heat?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Seasons are all fuked up. Maybe we'll get a heat wave in November! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das Kitty wrote: »
    D'ya know what's a really crappy vamp film that people seem to love? The Lost Boys.
    :eek:

Get out.

That film is magical. It spawned sexy sax guy and the countless parodies of him. Including the most recent one with Jon Hamm.

Ergo, the Lost Boys is responsible for getting Jon Hamm topless.

Your argument is invalid.

Oh i get that. It's just she's so cold and wants the winter to come quicker? Surely if you're cold you'd rather the sun and heat?

Hmm I get you, I'm off shortly on a work trip to 40+ temperatures and not looking forward to it.

Maybe the poster meant in winter you expect it?

You certainly don't in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfkdQF3H6hg&sns=em

She would be a lovely little country if only you could roof it!

Hmm I get you, I'm off shortly on a work trip to 40+ temperatures and not looking forward to it.

Maybe the poster meant in winter you expect it?

You certainly don't in July?
    Yeah sure i changed my duvet back to the winter one about a month ago. Was freezing in bed with the summer duvet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Looking forward to winter because fluffy socks are in the shops?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement