Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I'm getting new glasses this week, yay! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Yellow beef curry on the way :)

Wasn't aware there was such a thing as yellow curry.

Is it spicy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Wasn't aware there was such a thing as yellow curry.

Is it spicy?
    Nope its the mildest of the 3. Pretty tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I am very, very excited.

Same, its an event movie, I dont know anyone who isn't looking forward to it. My dad is raging because he can't see it the local cinema near them only shows movies in Spanish, even if it was English with Spanish subtitles you could put up with it but overdubbed is pointless going to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bluewolf wrote: »
    sorry i have german class :cool:
    duno how i'll even get through it today

once you put on some good music and get stuck into it, it'll be done before you know it!

am also going to see batman on friday but it'll be in the swan centre, nothing fancy...
    FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I am very, very excited.
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Sunday for me. But in glorious IMAX. We watched the other two in preparation last week.
    krudler wrote: »
    so the first reviews for The Dark Knight Rises are starting to surface and to say its getting praise would be an understatement bordering on the ridiculous. 10/10 and 5 star reviews from almost everywhere. dear Friday, hurry up! gonna be a loooong week trying to avoid spoilers, no twitter for me until friday night after I've seen it.

Me 5,I'm going to see it too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I must be the only person not that bothered about seeing it. I probably will, but I'll wait until all the hype dies down, and go when it's a bit more comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Going on Friday with herself :)

Gongoozler wrote: »
    I must be the only person not that bothered about seeing it. I probably will, but I'll wait until all the hype dies down, and go when it's a bit more comfortable.

early morning or late shows ftw, I always go see big movies on opening weekend and its easy to avoid showings packed with people

also, my deed poll went through, so I gotta collect it soon and yay, name change all nice and legal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

early morning or late shows ftw, I always go see big movies on opening weekend and its easy to avoid showings packed with people

We're going at 8.45pm on Saturday because it's the only showing time that doesn't clash with me working. It's going to be mennnnntal busy I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WinterSong wrote: »
    I'm getting new glasses this week, yay! :cool:

I want new glasses! Last time I got new classes was 5 or 6 years ago. I haven't needed to change the prescription in a while so I've just kept my glasses.
    Links234 wrote: »
    also, my deed poll went through, so I gotta collect it soon and yay, name change all nice and legal :D

Aw that's cool Links! Is your name completely different or similar? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yay, that's great! :)

We're going at 8.45pm on Saturday because it's the only showing time that doesn't clash with me working. It's going to be mennnnntal busy I'd say

Yeah, sure the 5AM showings are sold out, 5AM! I'm a giant nerd but even I have my limits lol

No way would I ever be that desperate to see a film! I take your point krudler about the timing of screenings, but I'm one for early nights, so I guess I'll just have to wait. I could go during the day on a weekday next week, so I might do that.

No way would I ever be that desperate to see a film! I take your point krudler about the timing of screenings, but I'm one for early nights, so I guess I'll just have to wait. I could go during the day on a weekday next week, so I might do that.

I think its just more the novelty, it'll be an experience to see it that early with some diehard nerds :pac: I havent been to a midnight screening in ages those are good fun

I haven't been to a midnight screening of anything.. Prefer to go to the cinema when it's quiet. I did go to 3 or 4 midnight book launches for some of the Harry Potter books. :D

I think its just more the novelty, it'll be an experience to see it that early with some diehard nerds :pac: I havent been to a midnight screening in ages those are good fun

Ah yes, I see what you mean. It could be a good atmosphere alright, if you were very into it all. And like you say, for the novelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Missing people suuuuuuuucks :(

Ah yes, I see what you mean. It could be a good atmosphere alright, if you were very into it all. And like you say, for the novelty.

zactly, I've gone to midnight launches of games and stuff like that, went to midnight showings of the Star Wars movies and there were people and their kids dressed up and people cheering during it, tis good fun. Irish audiences in general tend to be very quiet during and after movies, but at least its not as bad as America where people are standing up whooping at the screen and shouting stuff back, a nice balance, people laughing along and getting into it but not disrupting things. saw the Avengers with a packed house of day one nerds and people were really into it, huge laughs and a big cheer during a moment involving the Hulk :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

WinterSong wrote: »
    Missing people suuuuuuuucks :(

Is it Z? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

That's my favourite part of seeing these type of films all the nerds ooohing and aaahing in all the same places and you know everyone is thinking pretty much the same thoughts as you :)
    zactly, I've gone to midnight launches of games and stuff like that, went to midnight showings of the Star Wars movies and there were people and their kids dressed up and people cheering during it, tis good fun. Irish audiences in general tend to be very quiet during and after movies, but at least its not as bad as America where people are standing up whooping at the screen and shouting stuff back, a nice balance, people laughing along and getting into it but not disrupting things. saw the Avengers with a packed house of day one nerds and people were really into it, huge laughs and a big cheer during a moment involving the Hulk

I saw The Departed in New York and people stood up and clapped when a certain someone was killed and then at the end they all stood and cheered and clapped.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Aw that's cool Links! Is your name completely different or similar? :)

My name will now legally be something I've been called all my life anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

If someone put a plate of scones straight of the oven in front of you, why the hell would you eat 2 and then complain about how awful they were?!
    'oh you did this and this wrong and I wouldn't have done that....'
    Well f off because you're too lazy to do anything that might be of any benefit to anyone but yourself.

For the record, the scones were lovely - I make 12 and they're already all gone.

Re all this batman talk - ABRAHAM LINCON VAMPIRE HUNTER FTW :D Im going to see that first because I don't like packed cinemas. I'll see batman in a week or so...can't wait either. Should be Amazing.

I have friends going to the 5am screening and they're all going after a night out.....I wouldn't enjoy it if I was that wrecked!

Oh wow! I think a few people here might appreciate this!

My name will now legally be something I've been called all my life anyway ;)

Oooh interesting.. :D I'm trying to guess what it is now even though I never will. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Yeah, sure the 5AM showings are sold out, 5AM! I'm a giant nerd but even I have my limits lol

Lies :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Has anybody here done a TEFL course? There's one here on the boards deals page atm, am I mad considering it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Lola92 wrote: »
    Has anybody here done a TEFL course? There's one here on the boards deals page atm, am I mad considering it?

Me too! Looks legit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Me too! Looks legit :D

Yeah that's what I thought, too good to be true :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Lola92 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I thought, too good to be true :p

Ah no. The requirements for a fully recognised TEFL qualification are indeed 150 hours for a level 5 award.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement