Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Onixx wrote: »
    No, it's not. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sorry, but you don't.

I've seen completely sober scumbags beat people within an inch of their lives. I've seen drunk people help others when they fall down.

Alcohol doesn't make timid people violent. It reduces inhibitions. It makes it more likely than violent scumbags will be violent scumbags. Alcohol isn't a common factor. Scumbags are the common factor.
    Too much alcohol can most definitely make reasonable people rowdy and aggressive though. What that person is saying is: recreational drugs are less likely to do this (with the exception of cocaine I'd think) because they have a "loved up" effect.

this is why it is a wolf in Sheeps clothing. Have more compassion in me than any artificially adjusted raver despite professing 'hate' - raves remind me of a 'love ulster' parade. Faux banner of 'love' to try and veil the true hate. Went to a rave once; culture shock roo much er - love; from my fellow man. Or is that even his true intention? does he wanna **** me or stab me weird feckin ****e, will stick to my punky reggae rocker parties. **** the concept of one big love-in, won't be touching a techno hipster cum tweenybopper event with a bargepole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

E can make you loved up,but what there mixing it with nowdays can make you into an aggressive arsehole,its mixed in with probably all types of now illegal head shop gear..

Oh it does depend on the person most definitely. You've got the aggressive-no-matter-what types but then you've got the reasonable people who turn nuts on drink and are disgusted with themselves next day when they remember/are told what they did.

Maybe a small percentage?

Still their fault for drinking then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Don't think it is unfair to say that certain musical acts very much attract a certain, less savoury type of person. Would this type of incident(s) have happened after an Andrea Bocelli gig?
    Wouldn't even have to go to that extreme. A Groove Armada concert would attract way less idiots. "Gangsta" rap and chart dance are loved by morons and silly kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    Did you bother to look through your link?

It shows crime from 1860 to 1914 was much lower than in the previous few decades (1980s on).

See Figure 3 (Assault in Ireland, 1863-1914) in the link and these assault statistics from 2004 to 2011:

http://www.cso.ie/Quicktables/GetQuickTables.aspx?FileName=cja01c13.asp&TableName=Attempts+/+threats+to+murder+,+assaults+,+harassments+and+related+offences&StatisticalProduct=DB_CJ

...because of emmigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

E can make you loved up,but what there mixing it with nowdays can make you into an aggressive arsehole,its mixed in with probably all types of now illegal head shop gear..

I see, I never took anything but used to go to dance clubs more than a decade ago. It was a rough element, but very very chilled out. Much more so than the same people on alcohol, i would have run a mile.....

Times change though.

O'Doodle wrote: »
    I hope MCD struggle to get a licence for an outdoor concert again.

I hope the government introduce new polices to combat this sort of thuggery. Even it means that MCD have to pay for hundreds/thousands of police officers to marshall these events. Even if it means MCD have to install airport style security at the gates.

Also why haven't local politicians been on the news in outrage about the anti-social behavior that went on inside and outside of the concert. Does nobody give a **** in this country anymore... seems like it.

Yep, theres nothin like knee-jerk reactions from politicians to improve a situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Wouldn't even have to go to that extreme. A Groove Armada concert would attract way less idiots. "Gangsta" rap and chart dance are loved by morons and silly kids.

They very much appeal to a lot of white underclass types, who want to ape the worst aspects of US life.

No music with an intellectual message, or that is aesthetically beautiful, appeal to these types.

Nodin wrote: »
    Yep, theres nothin like knee-jerk reactions from politicians to improve a situation.

sometimes knees need jerking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Not exactly true. Fatboy Slim, who I would consider similar to GA played in Marley Park a few years ago. It was a complete scum fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

By the way I would hazzard a guess that last night most of those present running amok were not 'scumbags' in true sense of the word, Id say more spoilt middle class wannabe shams doing their utmost to prove how 'swar' they are.
    Although their behaviour would warrant them being labeled scumbags.

I find most honest to god scumbags mean, and first port of call with dole pittance would be gargle and drugs

Cant see many logging onto ticket master buying SHM tickets

Id say was case lets head down the park and outdo the real scummers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Its gotten worse over the years,ive noticed even in pubs i see girls fighting and ripping at each others faces and punching and kicking and that,used to only be the fellas,now with fellas its hurleys and such,i was out and about the other week when i noticed one guy tearing down the street near to where i live with a golf ball club :eek: i couldnt believe what i was seeing,and he was half naked his face fully red like he was steamed out on drink and drugs..

sometimes knees need jerking.

Nope. Thought out responses are whats needed, not emotional reactions and attention whoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

withless wrote: »

What a tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Oh it does depend on the person most definitely. You've got the aggressive-no-matter-what types but then you've got the reasonable people who turn nuts on drink and are disgusted with themselves next day when they remember/are told what they did.

Maybe a small percentage?

Ah but here's the issue: let's say I am a violent scumbag when I have a few tinnies.

What would any responsible normal person do? Just not drink as much.

At the end of the day you can blame alcohol but if it's a repeat offender of abusing alcohol, they're the scumbag at fault and not alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Nodin wrote: »
    ...because of emmigration.

But you said crime was much higher in the 1860s than it is now and posted a link to an article showing the opposite. That has nothing to do with emigration.

By the way I would hazzard a guess that last night most of those present running amok were not 'scumbags' in true sense of the word, Id say more spoilt middle class wannabe shams doing their utmost to prove how 'swar' they are.
    Although their behaviour would warrant them being labeled scumbags.

I find most honest to god scumbags mean, and first port of call with dole pittance would be gargle and drugs

Cant see many logging onto ticket master buying SHM tickets

Id say was case lets head down the park and outdo the real scummers

Please stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Don't think it is unfair to say that certain musical acts very much attract a certain, less savoury type of person. Would this type of incident(s) have happened after an Andrea Bocelli gig?

It's not the Act but the genre. SHM play commercial house music, many of Dublin's finest knackers like commercial house music. This is why for example gigs like Avicii, Deadmau5 and SHM all had a larger "knacker" content than we'll say Tim Mason and Seth Troxler who've both played Dublin recently. They play a different genre of dance music which doesn't appeal to the average 15-24 year old knacker and as such their gigs didn't receive the same type of crowd. They were all great nights and all went out without a hitch. It's not the act but the genre which draws the scum.

David Guetta is playing Marley park on August 24th, I'm pretty certain it's going to go off exactly like yesterday did as he's also an incredibly big name in commercial house music. I'd like to see 1-2 of his supporting acts but I'm going to avoid that gig because it's going to be ruined by the minority of scum who act out so much they appear to be the majority. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I doubt it was E, alcohol is far more dangerous.

Agreed, alcohol is a big cause of most of the fights that you see happening.

E gives you that "loved up" feeling and reduces your social inhibitions. Worst thing you have to deal with when someone is on it is them talking shíte or being affectionate.

To be honest, most people on here haven't a clue what they're on about and just genarlise. "High as kites, Joe" etc.

• Advertisement

Its gotten worse over the years,ive noticed even in pubs i see girls fighting and ripping at each others faces and punching and kicking and that,used to only be the fellas,now with fellas its hurleys and such,i was out and about the other week when i noticed one guy tearing down the street near to where i live with a golf ball club :eek: i couldnt believe what i was seeing,and he was half naked his face fully red like he was steamed out on drink and drugs..

Jaysus....thats mad. Going on your last thread I'd have thought they'd be all too busy with the gang rapin.

Oh god a David Guetta gig can only mean disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

RMD wrote: »
    It's not the Act but the genre. SHM play commercial house music, many of Dublin's finest knackers like commercial house music. This is why for example gigs like Avicii, Deadmau5 and SHM all had a larger "knacker" content than we'll say Tim Mason and Seth Troxler who've both played Dublin recently. They play a different genre of dance music which doesn't appeal to the average 15-24 year old knacker and as such their gigs didn't receive the same type of crowd. They were all great nights and all went out without a hitch. It's not the act but the genre which draws the scum.

David Guetta is playing Marley park on August 24th, I'm pretty certain it's going to go off exactly like yesterday did as he's also an incredibly big name in commercial house music. I'd like to see 1-2 of his supporting acts but I'm going to avoid that gig because it's going to be ruined by the minority of scum who act out so much they appear to be the majority. Shame.

I'll be leaving as soon as Gueta graces the stage, looking forward to seeing Tommy Trash and Wolfgang Gartner.

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    But you said crime was much higher in the 1860s than it is now and posted a link to an article showing the opposite. That has nothing to do with emigration.

You win. You're absolutely correct. The country has never been worse and we will all be ass raped to death by skangers in our houses. The last words ever heard in this country will be a voice crying "Joeeeeeeee!!!!!!!"

Oh god a David Guetta gig can only mean disaster.

Yeah, his music's terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

O'Doodle wrote: »
    I hope MCD struggle to get a licence for an outdoor concert again.

I hope the government introduce new polices to combat this sort of thuggery. Even it means that MCD have to pay for hundreds/thousands of police officers to marshall these events. Even if it means MCD have to install airport style security at the gates.

Also why haven't local politicians been on the news in outrage about the anti-social behavior that went on inside and outside of the concert. Does nobody give a **** in this country anymore... seems like it.

Concert scumbag tax in the offing.
    Expect to pay it if you have either a job and/or a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

i think this is what happens when people dont get enough sunlight..anyone ever seen the documentary on norways death metal murders? same for the drugs..people loose the plot when the sun shines after weeks of deprivation!

Lumbo wrote: »
    Yeah, his music's terrible.
    Heh, I like some of his tunes. :D
    Ditto Calvin Harris.

I draw the line at NDubz.

seanbmc wrote: »
    Agreed, alcohol is a big cause of most of the fights that you see happening.

E gives you that "loved up" feeling and reduces your social inhibitions. Worst thing you have to deal with when someone is on it is them talking shíte or being affectionate.

To be honest, most people on here haven't a clue what they're on about and just genarlise. "High as kites, Joe" etc.

Off the record a guard told me once they used to worry when the heard supplies of E were down in certain Irish cities, it was replaced by alcohol which caused much more trouble.

I used to go to Sir Henrys, when I lived in Cork for 2 years; a place which had a rough crown and student types. I was the latter. They barely sold alcohol all night - lots of water though - I can see why they closed down. I didn't take anything, and they made sure that people came in clean, and no selling onsite. It was a very chilled place, although it had a clearly "scummy" element.

Obviously things have moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

People who do drugs are f**king Gob****es

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement