Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl refund and customer relations

Options
13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

let me get this straight,you paid someone to put on a toilet seat ? its 2 hinges and a cover plate,sweet lord

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's harder to open a can of beans than put on a toilet seat .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

kneemos wrote: »

She paid an engineer for that. And an electrician to turn on the lights every evening.

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

You went to these lengths to get €5.99 back?

Jeez. Wish I had time to spare like you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well OP you're not really living up to your username. Maybe change it from passive to aggressive or never satisfied shopper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

As for the customer being “always right”, this is the first time I have experienced such what I call “piggish” behaviour, Aldi, Dunnes, Tesco are always more than willing to listen to and remedy customer issues and complaints.

As soon as I saw this I said to myself "serial complainer" I have brought stuff back to Lidl, with receipts I have been refunded every time. If you are that used to bringing stuff back, you must realise that receipts are required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Steal a toilet seat....rather large item stealing is a bit farfetched and the supermarket accepts it was they that sold it. By the fact they made a refund although partial is recognition of this but the Ennis branch Assist Manager claims it was in full which it was not. And the reason I want a refund was the product was incomplete thus not fit for sale.
    In fact that’s what I wanted or could he check if I could get brackets as I failed to buy suitable ones in hardware store. I actually liked the toilet seat. But if you read my opening post it was the last one in the store that I purchased.

Have you PROOF that it was YOU that bought the toilet seat?

Without PROOF OF PURCHASE you have NO RIGHTS

The shop gave a partial refund as a goodwill gesture but it in no way proves that you bought the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

foggy_lad wrote: »

The shop gave a partial refund as a goodwill gesture but it in no way proves that you bought the item.

Sure anyone could go into the store pick up a toilet seat and say they want a refund :D Gosh people these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Was this the toilet seat?? from a couple of weeks ago. They don't put reductions on their website.

You're right it includes high quality zinc hinges

211731.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Was this the toilet seat?? from a couple of weeks ago. They don't put reductions on their website.

[IMAGE]

It is technically possible that she bought one at a higher price 8 weeks before the date on the website but its unlikely that it was in the last 6 months.

• Advertisement

your a quid up missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

mrjoneill wrote: »
    Could you clarify what you mean by the part in bold?

I find it amusing that you actually say in your post that you've always perceived Lidl to be customer orientated and friendly, and based on one thread on the Internet by a person you don't know, your opinion has changed. Very strange. I tend to form my own opinions on my own experiences.
    all my gf knows of toilet seat is to put it down and prob lift it lol.
    Its a trivial issue which good customer relations would solve on the spot and it 5 or 6 Euro which they would make from a few small items. My policy would be keep on to customers simple as that.

It's not a trivial issue,the lidl manager did more than a lot of places would have done.you stated tesco have refunded you plenty of times even without a receipt or proof of purchase,thats crazy! i choose not to believe that,
    Without proof of purchase how can you or they prove what you paid for the items as their prices change so much. Do you just go in and say I paid ehh 10 euro for this packet of St Bernard's tea bags....

And yes I do realise St Bernard's is dunnes own brand but seriously with tesco not checking for receipts before issuing refunds it would worth a shot...what ya think,worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 passiveshopper

As for the customer being “always right”, this is the first time I have experienced such what I call “piggish” behaviour, Aldi, Dunnes, Tesco are always more than willing to listen to and remedy customer issues and complaints.

As soon as I saw this I said to myself "serial complainer" I have brought stuff back to Lidl, with receipts I have been refunded every time. If you are that used to bringing stuff back, you must realise that receipts are required.
    The reason I brought it back was it should never have being sold by Lidl as it was therefore of un-merchantable quality. This is my first experience with Lidl, whereas you state “I have brought stuff back to Lidl, with receipts I have been refunded every time”, so who is the serial complainer, who is the one returning stuff all the time?

EKRIUQ wrote: »

<SNIP>
    This is not it, its from earlier..

foggy_lad wrote: »

The toilet seat was only sold by Lidl at that time, it was accepted by the Assist Manager of the Lidl branch it was a Lidl product and sold exclusively sold by them and the only logical conclusion with a partial refund is accepting it was a Lidl product, but to why a partial refund has me baffled.

kneemos wrote: »
    Is it now, just how many fittings have you installed that you can compare with such?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

The reason I brought it back was it should never have being sold by Lidl as it was therefore of un-merchantable quality. This is my first experience with Lidl, whereas you state “I have brought stuff back to Lidl, with receipts I have been refunded every time”, so who is the serial complainer, who is the one returning stuff all the time?
    Gerry is certainly not a serial complainer,from what I read he isn't anyways,regardless of whether it was sold complete or incomplete it is not the main topic of this thread,the problem was that you felt you where entitled to full refund when you where entitled to nothing.
    Go on to the NCA website and see for yourself.
    If anyone was filling you up with misinformation it would have come up by now with the mods
    ie If you really where entitled to a full or even partial refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

The toilet seat was only sold by Lidl at that time, it was accepted by the Assist Manager of the Lidl branch it was a Lidl product and sold exclusively sold by them and the only logical conclusion with a partial refund is accepting it was a Lidl product, but to why a partial refund has me baffled.

But it doesn't matter if they knew they sold it, you had no proof that they sold it to you, and they had no proof at what price or when it was sold.

As countless other posters have pointed out, you were lucky to receive anything as without a receipt, you have no rights, it's really that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Why you got any refund has the rest of us baffled.
    Is it now, just how many fittings have you installed that you can compare with such?

Probably more than you have anyway. Jesus, get a life. There's people in the world with real problems!

About three maybe four toilet seats loads of beans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Enough of the off-topic posting and smart comments. I'm closing this thread as it appears to be going in circles at this point.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement