Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭billyhead

I am not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

managed to get two tickets from someone who can no longer go. one drawback of getting them this late is hotels wih availability are few and far between.

i don't really know dublin at all and am bascally just shooting in the dark typing hotels and dublin into google finding plenty but have no real noion of where any of the areas are in relation to croker.
    if any dubs could give me a nudge in the right direction of hotels in the croke park area or the heuston station area. twould cut my search time in half :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    managed to get two tickets from someone who can no longer go. one drawback of getting them this late is hotels wih availability are few and far between.

i don't really know dublin at all and am bascally just shooting in the dark typing hotels and dublin into google finding plenty but have no real noion of where any of the areas are in relation to croker.
    if any dubs could give me a nudge in the right direction of hotels in the croke park area or the heuston station area. twould cut my search time in half :)

Why not try a hostel id recommend http://www.abbey-court.com/ or http://www.generatorhostels.com/en/dublin/ . Both are near the luas line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Just managed to nab two tickets with a mate of mine, the only problem is our tickets are seated...Just wondering is it possible for us to sneak into standing as I don't know how Croke park is organised and I've done it before at other gigs...Any ideas people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

karaokeman wrote: »
    Any word on when Noel and the Chilis will be landing in Dublin?

Looks like they're here: https://twitter.com/flea333/status/217049459266297858

• Registered Users Posts: 40 livingbasshead

Hey guys, I'm heading to the Chili Peppers concert on Tuesday the 26th. I'm considering queuing up for the day so I can be right in front of the stage and see one of my all time favourite bands in the flesh once again (last time was 2006).

Does anybody know if there is a 'Golden Circle' area, one of those pits in front of the stage where you need a special ticket to be in it, or is it first come first served to get pit passes?? I remember queuing for Bon Jovi a few years ago and we queued all day only to find out we wouldn't be in front of the stage after all that, we were going to be outside the golden circle so we had pissed away an entire day queuing!!

I always find myself being exhausted after a whole day of queuing so I'm wondering if it's worth it or not. All information is appreciated, thanks folks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Just wondering how packed and tight are people on the pitch in Croker? Just concerned as the misses is a few weeks pregnant and don’t want to get knocked into etc.

Is the view decent from nearer the back?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭bren2001

PCros wrote: »
    Just wondering how packed and tight are people on the pitch in Croker? Just concerned as the misses is a few weeks pregnant and don’t want to get knocked into etc.

Is the view decent from nearer the back?

Thanks

The further forward you go the more packed it is. There is plenty of space at the back, you get an OK view, difficult to see people on stage so you end up looking at the monitor, but youd be as well off sitting and being comfy if your going to be that far back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Really looking forward to the gig now. Any suggestions of a good place near the stadium for a pint beforehand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BARNLINGO

Whats the story with the 'no queuing before' 4pm? Is the area around closed off till 4 for non-residents, or can you still wait right outside the stadium until then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

TheStook wrote: »
    Just managed to nab two tickets with a mate of mine, the only problem is our tickets are seated...Just wondering is it possible for us to sneak into standing as I don't know how Croke park is organised and I've done it before at other gigs...Any ideas people?

Unlikely you'll get onto the pitch - they are very strict about it in Crok Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

LeftBlank wrote: »
    TheStook wrote: »

Unlikely you'll get onto the pitch - they are very strict about it in Crok Park.

There is a lot of security at concerts in Croke Park more than a football match so I wouldn't attempt it and don't try leave the stadium to get back into the standing because once you leave you will not be allowed to enter regardless of whether you have tickets or you were already in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Will they be selling t-shirts and the likes inside or outside the gig? Some gigs at the O2 have people selling merchandise outside before the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

For anyone wondering if there is a pit, here's a live view of Croke park: http://86.47.217.110/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=503

... and there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Togepi wrote: »
    Will they be selling t-shirts and the likes inside or outside the gig? Some gigs at the O2 have people selling merchandise outside before the concert.

Most likely, both. The stuff outside is unofficial though. There's a merch booth inside with the official stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Have 2 seating tickets for this. I presume the bars will be open inside Croke Park?

Warper wrote: »
    Have 2 seating tickets for this. I presume the bars will be open inside Croke Park?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I just bought a premium level cusack stand ticket for the gig and was wondering will they be a merchandise stand up there ???.

Sitting in section 505 in the premium level, bar and restraunt nearby and listening to the chilis. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MrLyoneye

First time going to Croke Park tomorrow. Both excited and nervous.

I love being at the front row at Concerts. But is the pit at the front of Croke Park for VIP ticket holders or something? Or is it more of a first come, first serve thing? If the latter, how early should I line up outside before the stadium opens?

• Advertisement

Most likely, both. The stuff outside is unofficial though. There's a merch booth inside with the official stuff.

Yeah I was thinking it'd be unofficial when it's usually a third of the official price! Thanks.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I just bought a premium level cusack stand ticket for the gig and was wondering will they be a merchandise stand up there ???.

Sitting in section 505 in the premium level, bar and restraunt nearby and listening to the chilis. :D:D

When you get in there will be Merch stands on the ground level that you come in . Usually there is food places on each level of the stadium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

skinny90 wrote: »
    I'm sure ya won't be the onli one...make it more enjoyable in a half full stadium

I reccomend a hip flask in ones jocks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Any idea how early id need to line up to get a pit pass or what time theyd give them out at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Decided to go to this, looking forward to it!

Any idea how early id need to line up to get a pit pass or what time theyd give them out at ?

Do you need a pass to get into the pit? I haven't heard anything about that. MCD said there's no queuing before 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭J DEERE

Anyone any idea of what songs Noel will play seeing as its only an hour set? Friends aren't pushed on seeing him as they believe 7 is too early to be heading in, they wont be home from work until 6 or that so might go it alone if it would be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

Is this sold out or whats the story?off tomoro so miht head to it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

J DEERE wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of what songs Noel will play seeing as its only an hour set? Friends aren't pushed on seeing him as they believe 7 is too early to be heading in, they wont be home from work until 6 or that so might go it alone if it would be worth it

Here is the set list from the isle of wright festival:

(It's Good) To Be Free
    (Oasis cover)
    Everybody's on the Run
    Dream On
    If I Had a Gun...
    The Death of You and Me
    (I Wanna Live in a Dream in My) Record Machine
    AKA... What a Life!
    Talk Tonight
    (Oasis cover)
    AKA... Broken Arrow
    Half The World Away
    (Oasis cover)
    (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach
    Little By Little
    (Oasis cover)
    Don't Look Back In Anger
    (Oasis cover)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

Hey,
    I came on boards tonight just to find the same answer you're looking for. Have a few contacts trying to ask mates in MCD what the story is. Gonna google as much as I can tonight then I'll be ringing Croke Park, mcd and ticketmaster in the a.m. to see if we can get an answer. I'm heavily pregnant and plan on taking up the much needed space at the back of the pit! lol!

Cya then!

Advertisement