Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiscal Treaty Referendum.....How will you vote?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Eddie Hobbs in today' Sunday Bizpost magazine says he is voting No because

"Handing over control of our budget toa body that can't be held accountable is not a good idea in my opinion."

This makes sense to me, even though I disagree with Hobbs on a lot of other things.

As FreudianSlippers already alluded to, the new body which oversees our spending is an Irish one created in Irish law. In the Fiscal Compact we agree to create it, the fiscal targets already exist in previous agreements. So I'm not sure why Eddie Hobbs said that. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 milewidehead

So you don't know which way to vote but then you give reasons why to vote no? I can't help but notice the number of times I've seen this same tactic online in the last week or two. Interestingly it was exactly the same up to the Lisbon votes. My other favourite is "I was voting yes but (insert politician here) said (insert comment here) and now I'm voting no".[/QUOTE] (by meglome)

Meglome, I was'nt trying to be devious or disingenuous. I was simply working it through in my head as I wrote the text. I'm too dumb for 'tactics'. If you want real two-faced, fork-tongued sleeveenery, look no further than our main political parties. (Giving examples would be totally superfluous here.) Basically, Irish politicians have lost the trust of the Irish people. We've been sold-out before, who's to say this is'nt more of it? Cue:The Who...'W'ont Get Fooled Again!'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

NO:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 milewidehead

jimmynokia wrote: »

Got it jimmynokia, but will NO really mean NO? :rolleyes::

Meglome, I was'nt trying to be devious or disingenuous. I was simply working it through in my head as I wrote the text. I'm too dumb for 'tactics'. If you want real two-faced, fork-tongued sleeveenery, look no further than our main political parties. (Giving examples would be totally superfluous here.) Basically, Irish politicians have lost the trust of the Irish people. We've been sold-out before, who's to say this is'nt more of it? Cue:The Who...'W'ont Get Fooled Again!'

No problem, have just been seeing a lot of people doing it and as I said it was exactly the same during Lisbon. I'm getting cynical about it.

This isn't about trusting Irish politicians though, many people have come in here and asked questions, those questions have been answered factually. Read the threads in here and you'll find some excellent information. Don't be afraid to ask new questions.

• Advertisement

YES:) ????

We could run it again but it's perhaps worth noting that as this isn't an EU treaty no one needs us to vote Yes or no. The people a no will hurt is us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

NO means NO What part of that are you having difficulty working out.

Oh don't mind me I was just reflecting your level of contribution with one of my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Personally I'll probably be voting No to this as I really don't like the idea of Merkle & Sarkozy having that kind of control over us. I do believe we need to remain part of the EU if we are to stand any chance of getting out of this recession but not like this.

It seems to me however that a lot of people are voting No purely to get one up on the Government and that is simply not a good enough way to vote. If we start basing all our voting decisions on what will piss the government off the most then we stand a good chance voting against something we really ought to vote for, or voting in favour of something we should be against.

If you want to vote No by all means do so, just make sure you do it for the right reasons, and not because you are angry and bitter and want to give Enda K the finger.

we are the only country in the Eu to have a referendum on this. it is expenditure we can ill afford.
    the French and Germans feel they should have a say as they have contribute the most towards European unity. SF wants us to vote no. They also did not want us to join the EEC in 1973. we have benefited hugely from EU membership. we have taken their handouts and given them the finger when asked for support.

no is not acceptable if we want to be part of the club, ergo this whole referendum is a waste of money.

personally, I do not mind if the EU has more control over this state. it might put an end to the banana republic style corruption and foreigners pulling the strings might advise on how best he government should spend.

• Advertisement

JeffK88 wrote: »
    I will be voting 'NO' because I do not trust this government or the European Dictatorship. Its basically a treaty on austerity. Remember Lisbon 1 & 2 they promised us jobs and we lost thousands.They told us for months in 2010 we didn't need a bailout and look what happened.They reneged on all their promises. They told us there was growth last year while there was actually contraction. T Everything this government says is always ALWAYS the opposite so if the Fiscal treaty is good for Ireland in reality its the devastating for Ireland and a majority of its citizens.

thats the spirit. we do not need any government. the no crowd are also against any form of tax, which means in the real world the government will have no money for public spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

If you want real two-faced, fork-tongued sleeveenery, look no further than our main political parties. (Giving examples would be totally superfluous here.) Basically, Irish politicians have lost the trust of the Irish people. We've been sold-out before, who's to say this is'nt more of it? Cue:The Who...'W'ont Get Fooled Again!'

I've always found this a ridiculous idea that so many people view their government as antagonists, liars, greedy etc. You know they were voted in by the people? They actually work for us. If they're really that bad, they can be voted out, or could have been not that long ago at the last general election. They want the best thing for Ireland too, they aren't some sort of group of pantomime villains who are trying to hold the working man down just for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

meglome wrote: »
    As FreudianSlippers already alluded to, the new body which oversees our spending is an Irish one created in Irish law. In the Fiscal Compact we agree to create it, the fiscal targets already exist in previous agreements. So I'm not sure why Eddie Hobbs said that. Am I missing something?
    Cormac Lucy explained on Marian Finucane this morning that the ESM will have the power to impose higher contributions by the Irish taxpayer to the ESM. The fact that the ESM is unelected, and that its proceedings will be shielded from media and court/parliamentary scrutiny constitutes an erosion of accountability in Irish budgetary policy and could open the door to corruption, including possibile misappropriation of funds. The ESM risks becoming the European Sleaze Mechanism.

Cormac Lucy explained on Marian Finucane this morning that the ESM will have the power to impose higher contributions by the Irish taxpayer to the ESM. The fact that the ESM is unelected, and that its proceedings will be shielded from media and court/parliamentary scrutiny constitutes an erosion of accountability in Irish budgetary policy and could open the door to corruption, including possibile misappropriation of funds. The ESM risks becoming the European Sleaze Mechanism.

Oh my God, if this treaty goes ahead Ireland might have to make a financial contribution to he EU. this would be radical as up until now we have sponged off German taxpayers and gotten a free ride. we might now have to pay for EU states in distress.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    Oh my God, if this treaty goes ahead Ireland might have to make a financial contribution to he EU. this would be radical as up until now we have sponged off German taxpayers and gotten a free ride. we might now have to pay for EU states in distress.
    Don't forget that we bailed out the German bondholders and the ECB helped ruin the economy with low interest rates that contributed to the housing bubble. And they there's the loss of €200 billion in fishing rights since 1972 (figure from Irish Fisherman's Organisation). Contributing to the ESM is one thing. The problem is the secrecy and the lack of accountability in the model proposed, and the unfettered power of the ESM board to determine the size of the Irish contribution, regardless of the budgetary and economic situation in Ireland at the time. It's a form of taxation without (elected) representation and as such an affront to democracy.

Don't forget that we bailed out the German bondholders and the ECB helped ruin the economy with low interest rates that contributed to the housing bubble.

Not this again

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has ever shown one shred of proof for the myth that we paid off German bondholders. Scofflaw posted a chart from our central bank figures which shows they didn't supply us with the money. (can't find the chart at the moment).

Your claim that the "ECB helped ruin the economy with low interest rates" would imply two things. 1. That all countries in the Eurozone went mad with cheap credit. (They didn't) and 2. That many countries outside of the Eurozone didn't go crazy with cheap credit. (They did).
    So it's clear it was the individual countries who made good or bad choices. I have access to the local sweetie shop but I'm not fat.
    And they there's the loss of €200 billion in fishing rights since 1972 (figure from Irish Fisherman's Organisation).

Is that figure really from the Irish Fisherman's organisation? Link?
    Not happy enough to state one big myth you then go and state another big myth.

One of my old posts on the subject.
    We never had a developed fishing industry and certainly foreign boats were cleaning up before we joined the EU, the same EU that paid for most of our fishery protection vessels. I've read it was anything from €5 billion to €300 billion. The thing is the real figures exist and they are here http://www.seaaroundus.org/eez/372/14.aspx?d=1 (show tabular data).

or here http://www.inshore-ireland.com/index...769&Itemid=175
    The value of fish taken out of Irish waters from 1950-2004 is approximately €12bn at current exchange rates. Of that, €3.5 billion worth approximately was taken before Ireland joined the EU and the remaining €8.5bn between 1974 and 2004. Of the €12bn, Irish boats have taken approximately 25% or €3bn. The total value of the catch has risen since Ireland joined the EU and Ireland has been amongst the prime beneficiaries from the increased catch (see Fig 1)

So between 1950 and 2004 that's an average of €222 million a year in total. We've given the EU 8.5 billion in fish to 2004 and they have given us at least 50 billion in free cash. Those bastards.
    The problem is the secrecy and the lack of accountability in the model proposed, and the unfettered power of the ESM board to determine the size of the Irish contribution, regardless of the budgetary and economic situation in Ireland at the time. It's a form of taxation without (elected) representation and as such an affront to democracy.

How is there a lack of accountability? And how do they have "unfettered power"?

I can't help but notice that even though Europe has given a massive amount of free cash and a load of other cash at low interest rates people don't think we should give them a red cent.

Any other red herrings or goalpost moving you want to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

Don't forget that we bailed out the German bondholders and the ECB helped ruin the economy with low interest rates that contributed to the housing bubble.

Not this again

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has ever shown one shred of proof for the myth that we paid off German bondholders. Scofflaw posted a chart from our central bank figures which shows they didn't supply us with the money. (can't find the chart at the moment).

Your claim that the "ECB helped ruin the economy with low interest rates" would imply two things. 1. That all countries in the Eurozone went mad with cheap credit. (They didn't) and 2. That many countries outside of the Eurozone didn't go crazy with cheap credit. (They did).
    So it's clear it was the individual countries who made good or bad choices. I have access to the local sweetie shop but I'm not fat.
    And they there's the loss of €200 billion in fishing rights since 1972 (figure from Irish Fisherman's Organisation).

One of my old posts on the subject.
    We never had a developed fishing industry and certainly foreign boats were cleaning up before we joined the EU, the same EU that paid for most of our fishery protection vessels. I've read it was anything from €5 billion to €300 billion. The thing is the real figures exist and they are here http://www.seaaroundus.org/eez/372/14.aspx?d=1 (show tabular data).

or here http://www.inshore-ireland.com/index...769&Itemid=175
    The value of fish taken out of Irish waters from 1950-2004 is approximately €12bn at current exchange rates. Of that, €3.5 billion worth approximately was taken before Ireland joined the EU and the remaining €8.5bn between 1974 and 2004. Of the €12bn, Irish boats have taken approximately 25% or €3bn. The total value of the catch has risen since Ireland joined the EU and Ireland has been amongst the prime beneficiaries from the increased catch (see Fig 1)

So between 1950 and 2004 that's an average of €222 million a year in total. We've given the EU 8.5 billion in fish to 2004 and they have given us at least 50 billion in free cash. Those bastards.
    The problem is the secrecy and the lack of accountability in the model proposed, and the unfettered power of the ESM board to determine the size of the Irish contribution, regardless of the budgetary and economic situation in Ireland at the time. It's a form of taxation without (elected) representation and as such an affront to democracy.

How is there a lack of accountability? And how do they have "unfettered power"?

I can't help but notice that even though Europe has given a massive amount of free cash and a load of other cash at low interest rates people don't think we should give them a red cent.

Any other red herrings or goalpost moving you want to do?

Those fisheries figures you present, are government figures. Am glad you believe it. Considering the level of corruption currently exposed, and the even greater level that's still under the carpet...you really do insult your own intelligence by accepting it as fact.

And as for free money, no such thing! Nothing in life is free meïn freund.

Have a question for you, as you really seem to be on the ball and in the know..

What's the rush to push this treaty through for may31st?

EURATS wrote: »
    Those fisheries figures you present, are government figures. Am glad you believe it. Considering the level of corruption currently exposed, and the even greater level that's still under the carpet...you really do insult your own intelligence by accepting it as fact.

And as for free money, no such thing! Nothing in life is free meïn freund.

These fisheries figures are the best international figures available and are used by scientists for working out sustainable catches etc. No offence to you but this sounds like conspiracy theory territory. Why the hell would our own government spend the last 72 years falsifying fish figures and how would no one have twigged it by now?
    Not to mention the 200 billion figure is based on... well... nothing as far as I can tell.

The EU pumped money into the likes of Ireland so that if the Irish economy grows we'll need to buy more good from those other EU countries. It's no secret why they gave us the money but we certainly were the winners in the deal.

The problem with 'the Germans dunnit' or the 'EU stole our fish' is lots of people say it but nobody ever proves it.

For example Dr. Karen Devine said on the Saturday with Charlie Bird show (4th of Feb 2012) that we had given the EU 200 billion worth of fish. I emailed Karen Devine and the show to ask where the figures came from. The show had no idea but took on board the figures I sent them and Karen Devine has never replied.
    Have a question for you, as you really seem to be on the ball and in the know..

What's the rush to push this treaty through for may31st?

Well legally speaking once the bill for the treaty is passed there is 90 days for the government to hold the referendum. There is no way around that as far as I know without changing the law. (Which Shane Ross did suggest). Personally though these referenda are just so divisive, we've gone this far and spent so much money we should just get on with it.

I won't argue with you on the fisheries issue other than to say that it is well known that books are fiddled on a grand scale in the fisheries industry. Do you think that our little navy, that spends most of its time in either dry dock or heading on state visits could really have policed our waters?

It's nice to think that the EU really wanted us to grow so that our minuscule 4.5 million population would buy a few bits and pieces off them. We really were a target market.

Who won from the deal considering the sh1t we are in? It was nothing more than an illusion.

Again I ask..what's the rush for a may31st referendum?

Just saw ur addition..well then..there's no panic if we vote NO and see how things pan out. We can always have another one in November.

Is obviously scaremongering on the government side to get it through may31st when there isn't a rush

I wont argue with you on the fisheries issue other than to say that it is well known that books are fiddled on a grand scale in the fisheries industry. Do you think that our little navy, that spends most of its time in either dry dock or heading on state visits could really have policed our waters?

You were happy to accept the 200 billion figure without any backup whatsoever. But are not happy with the much lower figure as you believe the figures are fiddled. You don't see anything contradictory about that?
    And most of our navy is Fisheries protection vessels and mostly paid for by the EU.
    In 1971 the Naval Service commissioned Verlome Cork Dockyard to build an offshore patrol ship. Named the LÉ Deirdre, it was the first naval vessel purpose-built in Ireland to patrol its waters. The Economic Exclusion Zone of Ireland was increased in 1976 from 12 to 200 miles. The subsequent strain put on the Naval Service prompted funding from the European Economic Community to build seven naval ships, five of which remain in service today; the LÉ Setanta, sold in 1980, and LÉ Deirdre, sold in 2001, having been decommissioned. A Danish stern trawler Helen Basse was leased for a year, serving under the name LÉ Ferdia.
    It's nice to think that the EU really wanted us to grow so that our minuscule 4.5 million population would buy a few bits and pieces off them. We really were a target market.

Why do you think the EU exists?
    Who won from the deal considering the sh1t we are in? It was nothing more than an illusion.

We did very well out of it then we decided to fuel a massive property bubble. Using all the sovereignty the EU supposedly keeps taking from us.
    Again I ask..what's the rush for a may31st referendum?

Legally has to be run then.
    Just saw ur addition..well then..there's no panic if we vote NO and see how things pan out. We can always have another one in November.

Is obviously scaremongering on the government side to get it through may31st when there isn't a rush

I'm planning to vote the best way I can given the question being asked. I don't know (nor does anyone know) what will happen in the future. It's the height of hubris to just assume that something better will happen if we wait around, it could get worse.

And sorry if we're going to talk about scaremongering then I have a long lost of stuff the no campaign are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭StealthRolex

I'm voting No because I'm tired of Noonans Jingoistic bolloxology and Gilmores lies.

Kinny has already signed the darn thing and once 12 others in the Eurozone have ratified it all that is required is to make the necessary changes in law, none of which need to be in the Constitution because it is all fiscal. One way or another they will find a way to get it through the Dail as legislative changes so voting No will have no effect.

Unless that is only 11 ratify it in which case if we all vote No they will come back and ask us again to get the 12th.

I don't put much store by the polls but if there is a yes vote it will only go to prove one thing and one thing only. The Brits were right all along. The Irish are endemically stupid specifically in matters of politics and economics.

Tellin' stories, painting pictures, ritin' poetry and plays and producing a few decent comedians is all well and good but when it comes to playing on the world stage we haven't a clue. Heck, we even have one or two good economists but who is listening to them.

Get a grip Ireland - the Euro is a failed project and its time to get out. There is a war coming over this issue and if we do not get out now we will not be allowed be neutral.

The problem with 'the Germans dunnit' or the 'EU stole our fish' is lots of people say it but nobody ever proves it.

Explain why fishermen were throwing good fish back in the sea even if they were dead and why the sugar business was shut down.

It's either Irish political stupidity or the EU made them do it.

Go figure.

And sorry if we're going to talk about scaremongering then I have a long lost of stuff the no campaign are saying.

If you want scaremongering how's this. They won't let Greece leave the Euro and even if they default because despite what Noonan says Greece is a lot more than Feta cheese. They will do their damndest to keep her in the Euro because it is in the Euro's best interests to do so.

Ireland on the other hand is more than cheddar cheese. It's beef (slaughtered and on the hoof), butter, milk, potatoes and until recently sugar. It's also software engineering and probably a lot more. It makes sense to kick Ireland out of the Euro so that all of the above become a whole lot cheaper for the Eurozone in general and the UK, Germany and France in particular.

Voiting Yes is only kicking the can down the road.

Re:meglome

I,like yourself have to interpret these figures, as we didn't calculate them ourselves. It involves trust, and trust isn't there.
    A figure of 8.5 billion since the 50's is ludicrous considering we have/had some of the best fishing grounds in Europe and the scale of the european fleets fishing them.

In relation to our navy, as I said, more of the boats are in dry dock than out at sea at any given time.

Why does the EU exist? Well it tends to give out "free" money to countries that need it, builds them up to heights they never could have imagined in their widest dreams, and then it takes it all from them. Kind of a Trojan horse situation.

Again, there is no rush for a may31st result. Most people know it. Considering the sh1t that has happened here, caution is a minimum requirement to deal with the situation. Unfortunately Kenny and crew don't know the meaning of the word, and that really is worrying, but not a surprise.

A few months won't do any harm. What's a few billion(at worst) anyway considering we will never be able to repay what we owe already.
    Is also the height of "hubris" to assume something worse will happen if we wait a few months

Meglome the unfettered power of the ESM board to force Ireland to increase the size of its contribution to the ESM was explained yesterday morning on "Marian Finucane" on Radio1 by Cormac Lucey.
    meglome wrote:
    Here you go. The source indicates it may even be as high as €600 billion in losses to the State when fish processing is included. Also remember that quota violators are hardly likely to keep records of their catch.

I'm voting No because I'm tired of Noonans Jingoistic bolloxology and Gilmores lies.

So nothing to do with the treaty at all then.
    Kinny has already signed the darn thing and once 12 others in the Eurozone have ratified it all that is required is to make the necessary changes in law, none of which need to be in the Constitution because it is all fiscal. One way or another they will find a way to get it through the Dail as legislative changes so voting No will have no effect.

As is the normal protocol Kenny signed it but it does not get ratified here unless we vote Yes in the referendum. It has no bearing here unless we vote Yes and 11 other countries approve it. The rest is just some conspiracy you've made up in you head.
    Unless that is only 11 ratify it in which case if we all vote No they will come back and ask us again to get the 12th.

25 countries agreed to sign up. We are having a vote, and France and Greece won't sign up for now. That leaves 22 countries to sign up and only 12 needed.
    I don't put much store by the polls but if there is a yes vote it will only go to prove one thing and one thing only. The Brits were right all along. The Irish are endemically stupid specifically in matters of politics and economics.

I don't seem to recall 'the Brits' saying "The Irish are endemically stupid specifically in matters of politics and economics". Do you have some issue with the actual contents of the treaty or not? Because it's very ironic to be telling us we'll look stupid if we vote Yes but at the same time not actually having a real reason to vote no.
    Tellin' stories, painting pictures, ritin' poetry and plays and producing a few decent comedians is all well and good but when it comes to playing on the world stage we haven't a clue. Heck, we even have one or two good economists but who is listening to them.

So nothing to do with the contents of the treaty then.
    Get a grip Ireland - the Euro is a failed project and its time to get out. There is a war coming over this issue and if we do not get out now we will not be allowed be neutral.

Em... okay... right
    Explain why fishermen were throwing good fish back in the sea even if they were dead and why the sugar business was shut down.

It's either Irish political stupidity or the EU made them do it.

Go figure.

I don't seem to recall saying the the EU fisheries policy was perfect. And our sugar business was kept afloat because of EU subsidies, which are now gone. And this has nothing to do with what we were actually discussing.

And unsurprisingly this has nothing to do with the contents of the treaty.

Btw I'm going to stop replying to you now as your posts are only fit for the conspiracy theory's forum.

It's to do with waiting to see what we are really dealing with!
    Would you walk across the M50 with a blindfold on?

Meglome the realpolitick is that if France does not ratify, then many other member states won't either. The ESM won't work without an economy as large as France, and politically they are too important. Merkel's cards are marked as a string of state-election defeats such as North Rhine Westphalia have shown, and she will either have to buckle to Hollande/SPD's growth agenda or lose office, whereupon a new treaty will likely follow.

Re:meglome

I,like yourself have to interpret these figures, as we didn't calculate them ourselves. It involves trust, and trust isn't there.
    A figure of 8.5 billion since the 50's is ludicrous considering we have/had some of the best fishing grounds in Europe and the scale of the european fleets fishing them.

I noticed you avoided my point. That 200 billion figure has no back-up to it whatsoever yet you have chosen to believe it. There is no 'interpretation' of the figures needed they are the most accurate figures available in the world, using landed catches. You're just choosing to not believe them.

Do you think fish are made from gold or something? 8.5 billion euro in fish is one hell of a lot of fish.
    In relation to our navy, as I said, more of the boats are in dry dock than out at sea at any given time.

Proof is?
    Why does the EU exist? Well it tends to give out "free" money to countries that need it, builds them up to heights they never could have imagined in their widest dreams, and then it takes it all from them. Kind of a Trojan horse situation. .

And are you going to explain how they took it all away from us? I seem to recall us doing this to ourselves while being warned multiple times by the EU about our property bubble.
    Again, there is no rush for a may31st result. Most people know it. Considering the sh1t that has happened here, caution is a minimum requirement to deal with the situation. Unfortunately Kenny and crew don't know the meaning of the word, and that really is worrying, but not a surprise.

A few months won't do any harm. What's a few billion(at worst) anyway considering we will never be able to repay what we owe already.
    Is also the height of "hubris" to assume something worse will happen if we wait a few months

Well that's okay then as long as someone has a crystal ball and knows it'll all be fine in the future. Do you not see the massive difference between saying "sure it'll be grand" and knowing what will actually happen?
    I'm assuming nothing, I'm preparing to vote on a treaty which now legally has to be run, and I'll vote the best way I can. That's the only sensible thing to do, anything else is just playing Russian roulette while believing nothing can go wrong.
    Meglome the unfettered power of the ESM board to force Ireland to increase the size of its contribution to the ESM was explained yesterday morning on "Marian Finucane" on Radio1 by Cormac Lucey.

Indeed but I was really asking where in the treaty this supposedly happens. As I read it and didn't see that bit, or at least how it's described by Cormac Lucey.
    Here you go. The source indicates it may even be as high as €600 billion in losses to the State when fish processing is included. Also remember that quota violators are hardly likely to keep records of their catch.

So I ask you for proof and you give me a link to a leaflet from an anti-EU group headed by who I can only describe as a bit of a headcase, Patricia McKenna. There are so many things factually incorrect on that leaflet I wouldn't know where to start.

Also I'd suggest you search for the text they quote "we estimate European vessels have taken up to €200 billion worth of fish out of our waters". It comes up with 4 links one of which mentions Jim Corr and none are from the Irish Fisherman's Organisation. nuff said.

• Advertisement

Meglome the man quoted from the Irish Fisherman's Organisation is hardly a nutcase.
    meglome wrote:
    Indeed but I was really asking where in the treaty this supposedly happens. As I read it and didn't see that bit, or at least how it's described by Cormac Lucey.
    it's contained in the related ESM Treaty, which is interdependent with the Fiscal Compact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement