Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

silly - love the before and after pics, might be stealing that idea.

attached is my latest bump pic - took it last week, 29 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

kildareash wrote: »
    barremic wrote: »
    thats a great picture/idea.

I wont let my other half near me with the camera, I feel huge, but I should really let him take some pictures.

I just feel so frumpy.

I felt the same and then I took a bump pic and posted it up a few weeks ago and I actually thought I looked ok (from the side!).

Myself and OH are going to experiment some day, I've googled pregnancy pictures and there is some really good ideas that I'm going to try and copy.

Love the before and after pic with bump and baby.
    My friend is a photographer, so she'll be kind with the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Im inspired, I wouldnt mind but I love photography, and have taken lots of pictures for other people and events.

Its just when it comes to me. But I have googled it now and seen some shots that I might not be too embarrassed doing, especially the black and white ones.

I think I might try a few of the ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

trions wrote: »
    silly - love the before and after pics, might be stealing that idea.

attached is my latest bump pic - took it last week, 29 weeks!

Trions you are lovely and neat!!

I'm getting there with the photos, tried uploading a few times but kept coming back with an error so will just keep trying!

Someone earlier was talking about pelvic pain, I'm starting to get that. I could barely move last night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Love the bumps ladies! I seem to be carrying very high!
    Trions, I used to get the leg cramps back at the start of 2nd trimester. I started doing stretches before bed and then when you feel the cramp starting ( I know they come like a bolt out of the blue) just point your toes up towards your knees, I found instant relief when I did that during a cramp.
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Trions yes, we are going ;)

It will be nice to meet you in person :)

i attached picture we made 2 weeks ago when we visited National Stud.
    I'm huge :P

Oh I am up for the meet up but if I have to work I might have to bail!! Although it's close enough to my due date so I might be bringing a baba!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

You all look awesome ladies! One of my OH's friend is in labour atm!!! Been getting a good few pains myself the past while, herself better stay put!

Mink, PM'd you my facebook!!

Closed group is defo better/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Girls ye all look great :D

Mink I pm'd you my facebook too: and like that it would deffo have to be closed! I couldn't have people knowing my boards username!!

Silly I love that pic with the bump and then with the baby... it makes me feel a bit teary when I see it though!

Kildareash with only barely being over on the GTT its unlikely you'll need insulin: I know you must be disappointed: but they'll really mind you so try not to worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Is anyone else getting horrible leg cramps at night - very painful, have been tired and sore all week:(

re the leg cramps.... I'm doing a pilates class to help with SPD, which im finding very beneficial for anyone else cursed with this flipping thing!!! I mentioned to my instructor that my legs are cramping up a lot. The pain is really awful. She said its down to blood flow. Said the following would really help (can be awkward position to get into with bump :))

Lie on the floor on your back and place your legs straight up and against a wall. If you could do this for 5-10 mins before bedtime it should make a difference.

pilates-100.jpg

Hope it helps you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ok the facebook group is more or less up and running. It's a closed private group - so no need to worry re your FB friends finding out your Boards ID, and we won't give out any real name on here!

Just PM me your FB name, I'll add you as a friend and then add you to the group. Then you can all add each other as friends or whatever you want to do.

I'll try set up an event on it for the Portlaoise meet up too.

30 weeks today, holy bejaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

WWC1 wrote: »
    re the leg cramps.... I'm doing a pilates class to help with SPD, which im finding very beneficial for anyone else cursed with this flipping thing!!! I mentioned to my instructor that my legs are cramping up a lot. The pain is really awful. She said its down to blood flow. Said the following would really help (can be awkward position to get into with bump :))

Lie on the floor on your back and place your legs straight up and against a wall. If you could do this for 5-10 mins before bedtime it should make a difference.

pilates-100.jpg

Hope it helps you x

hi wwc1 thanks ill give that a try which classes are they?
    im nervous about starting up anything new cause im never sure if theres a diff between normal ones and preg ones
    i dont want to be the 8months preggers person that every1 in the class is tutting at
    ive been doing a bit of swimming and am thinking of doing a pregnancy yoga class thats on locally
    .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

Mink wrote: »
    Ok the facebook group is more or less up and running. It's a closed private group - so no need to worry re your FB friends finding out your Boards ID, and we won't give out any real name on here!

Just PM me your FB name, I'll add you as a friend and then add you to the group. Then you can all add each other as friends or whatever you want to do.

I'll try set up an event on it for the Portlaoise meet up too.

30 weeks today, holy bejaysus!

thanks mink just pm'd my details for fb
    im afraid i work wknds and need the money theese days so i wont make the meet-up but enjoy all of ye who do:D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

32 weeks today here which is really scary :)

You know my name...I am the only me on the whole of Facebook :D Feel free to add me although I wouldn't like to see our thread die a death because of a Facebook group - after all not everyone uses Facebook & we know we have readers from other months :) boards has been great to have & I would like to see our thread continue at least until our babies arrive :D

I am getting used to referring to her as Mrs but I don't think either of us will become Mrs really...she is a Dr (phd) so will remain so :) not sure what I will do!

Re leg cramps - I found that keeping my water intake up prevents me getting them! The only times they try make an appearance is when I am away from home & don't drink enough :)
    Not sure if it works for everyone but it does for me!

Got up today at 10.30 napped at 12.30...sooo tired!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Me too, exhausted today, up at 8, back to bed for an hour by 12.

Went out last night for the first time in weeks, got all dressed up, it was a disaster, my poor OH everything he said was wrong. I was really snappy but couldn't help it.

We would have been better off staying in and relaxing on the couch. But I was aware he hadn't been out for ages, and I'm concious the baby will be here in a few weeks and we won't be able to have a Friday night out for a while!

I'm wrecked too, sitting here in work falling asleep in front of the computer.....

Also got a chicken fillet roll today for lunch and it was the most horrible thing I've ever eaten. One of my fav foods just ruined :(

Aww one of our friends had her baby girl Lily this morning. 6lbs 2 she's tiny!!

Now I'm all inpatient!

And to think some of our babies are not that far off that with 8 or so weeks to go :D

We are just back from our tour of limerick maternity :) was really nice to see labour wards etc!

I think we will have a relaxing rest of the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Hi all

Ive been keeping up to date with you all reading the posts but have been too busy lately to post myself(and lazy of course)... all the bumps look really well!!

I'm having trouble with pelvis pain for few weeks now, it depends wat position babs is in... which she cant seem to make up her mind!! Defo going 2 get 1 of those balls I had 1 years ago but must have thrown it out:(

Sorry wont be able 2 make sat 16th its my dss birthday.... hope u all have a ball and will be thinking of you all wheni'm having birthday cake:):)

Mink ill pm u my facebook... defo better for me that its private closed site!!

30 weeks yesturday 3/4 of the way there:p!!!

we had parenting classes today in Coombe.
    we meet Trions and her hubby :) She is so nice :)

classes were good, I'm more convince then ever to try without epidural :)

Saurelin wrote: »
    we had parenting classes today in Coombe.
    we meet Trions and her hubby :) She is so nice :)

classes were good, I'm more convince then ever to try without epidural :)

Thanks Saurelin - lovely to meet you and your hubby too! Found today really good - it scared poor hubby though, think he was happy being blissfully ignorant of what's going to happen... Feeling the same about about the epidural, especially after seeing the little stoned baby trying to breastfeed.... saying that on the day when in the pain hits I could be begging for all the drugs in the world!

Thanks for all the advice re the leg cramps - will try it all out, anything to stop the 3am jumping around the bedroom in pain trying not to wake hubby..

Saurelin meant to say earlier I'll be driving to Portlaoise if you want a lift - will pm you my phone no..

Mink - thanks for setting up the facebook page will pm u username..

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend

Thanks Saurelin - lovely to meet you and your hubby too! Found today really good - it scared poor hubby though, think he was happy being blissfully ignorant of what's going to happen... Feeling the same about about the epidural, especially after seeing the little stoned baby trying to breastfeed.... saying that on the day when in the pain hits I could be begging for all the drugs in the world!

Thanks for all the advice re the leg cramps - will try it all out, anything to stop the 3am jumping around the bedroom in pain trying not to wake hubby..

Saurelin meant to say earlier I'll be driving to Portlaoise if you want a lift - will pm you my phone no..

Mink - thanks for setting up the facebook page will pm u username..

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend

it will be really nice if you will give me a lift :)

My hubby was aware of some things but still he said that some of information make him scarred :)
    now he is checking online almost everything midwife said today ;-)

My right hip is driving me mad.
    I can't find any comfy position

God they are really trying to put you off epidurals up there :) our midwife has so far said 1 in 3 have an epidural. She has mentioned needing constant monitoring of the baby during labour & not being able to move but that some women need it. She hasn't of yet tried to scare monger people's personal choices or push one type of pain med over another!

Did they also mention how pethidine can make babies groggy & can affect their ability to breastfeed for several days?

Personally, I think the info you are getting about epidurals is a little biased and more to do with staffing pressures in a baby boom recession than anything to do with the epidural itself...but that's just my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I think its easier for a midwife to deliver the baby if you haven't had the epidural as you can feel all the pushing, under epidural your pushing but not sure if your doing it right cause you can't feel a thing (just the way I want it!)... I think I'm an expert cause I've watched so much one born lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    God they are really trying to put you off epidurals up there :) our midwife has so far said 1 in 3 have an epidural. She has mentioned needing constant monitoring of the baby during labour & not being able to move but that some women need it. She hasn't of yet tried to scare monger people's personal choices or push one type of pain med over another!

Did they also mention how pethidine can make babies groggy & can affect their ability to breastfeed for several days?

Personally, I think the info you are getting about epidurals is a little biased and more to do with staffing pressures in a baby boom recession than anything to do with the epidural itself...but that's just my opinion :)

I'm Portlaoise they said u won't be given pethidine if you're going to deliver within the next four hours because of the effect it has on baby.

I'm a bit confused about the epidural at the minute tho, anyone I know that's given birth recently is telling me to get it. One guy said his wife was up walking around not long after giving birth. My feelings have always been to try and last it out till I'm too far gone and then I can't have an epidural. Was thinking about the pethidine till I heard It goes into baby's bloodstream. I thought that wld be enough for me because I can't even take cough bottle that makes u drowsy without being knocked out for a few hours!

This is true but the midwife can guide you :)

I just don't like how some midwives seem to be pushing an agenda as such :) especially if they are not giving the draw backs of other pain relief options.

Saurelin - that's great will be nice to have company for the drive down... My back is killing me after today - too long spent sitting on uncomfy chairs, came home and went for a little nap just to stretch out - so lazy, just ordered a thai take away - mmmm

Two mums - didn't find the midwife too pushy today - if fairness to her she went through all the different types of pain relief and gave us the pros and cons of each, she didn't seem to favour on over another - she was definately very pro breast feeding but still went through how to sterilise bottles, make up formula etc... did you get the uppababy in the end? I got a call from the baby shop we ordered our travel system from - and it turns out the one we picked may not be available on time, thinking of the uppababy as back up plan - seems nice and lightweight?

• Advertisement

I wont go near that pethadine stuff- No sir e bob!! I have the idea of feeling drunk and I hate feeling out of control,

Supposed to of been studying all day, Instead have had two naps, made bbq sauce for chicken wings from scratch and spent 100e on clothes (I THINK) will fit me now and when I'm not pregnant(few maxi dresses,maxi skirts and a demin jacket)

Advertisement