Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That sale has disappeared from the site, probably as dodgy as Johnny U's facial hair....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

waveform wrote: »
    Comes with Street Racer, such an epic game.

I haven't played F-Zero yet, but it looks pretty basic at best compared to Street Racer.

I thought Street Racer was fairly sh1te :o

How much is an unboxed Knuckles Chaotix worth? US version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

EnterNow wrote: »
    I thought Street Racer was fairly sh1te :o

I'll have to play it again to see how if it's still as great as I thought it was back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

o1s1n wrote: »
    They're both model 1s with oval buttons, so I think it should be okay.

Veccy cap kit arrived by the way. Mother was wondering was there a flux capacitor in there. Bless. :D
    Ah you'll be grand so, I think the psu's only differed between the model 1 & 2.

Sound on the kit, that was speedy enough.

Either coincidence or o1s1n's mam knows things about time travel. She's either "a" doctor or a resistance leader. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Sparks43 wrote: »

Send in the clowns.

Don't bother, already withdrawn. :rolleyes: The Sony Ninja-Lawyer-Aibo didn't take long unpersoning him.

205301.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hey guys, anyone know what a reasonable price to pay for a boxed Jaguar would be.
    I'm watching one on ebay, its at 33pounds now with postage 23
    Only thing is it says its untested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Kolido wrote: »
    Hey guys, anyone know what a reasonable price to pay for a boxed Jaguar would be.
    I'm watching one on ebay, its at 33pounds now with postage 23
    Only thing is it says its untested.

In my experience untested=broken 90 percent of the time. If they're selling something, how hard is it to plug it in and turn it on?
    Maybe they don't have any games for it but they could still plug it in a check for a power LED.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Steve SI wrote: »
    In my experience untested=broken 90 percent of the time. If they're selling something, how hard is it to plug it in and turn it on?
    Maybe they don't have any games for it but they could still plug it in a check for a power LED.

Yeah thats what I thought also. Says there is one game with it, so I don't see how it can't be tested.
    Might give this one a miss.

Kolido wrote: »
    Yeah thats what I thought also. Says there is one game with it, so I don't see how it can't be tested.
    Might give this one a miss.

You could always ask him/her to plug it in a test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Jag won't power on without a cartridge installed, on LED nothing just a brick as far as I know. Although some say its still just a brick even when fully functional.

£53 is too much for an 'untested' one.

Jag won't power on without a cartridge installed, on LED nothing just a brick as far as I know. Although some say its still just a brick even when fully functional.

£53 is too much for an 'untested' one.

Didn't know that, I don't power my one up that often anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

In my experience, a lot of the time it also means -

'it has an RF cable only and I can't tune the thing in so it must be broken'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just got outbid on a nice copy of Saturday Night Slam Masters, first the Jacket and now this. The universe doesn't want me spending money!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh yeah? What's the current bid on?

Theres a guy in Ireland selling a few Snes boxed games. Shame they're all so expensive. Look lovely though

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/wmcwmc82/m.html?hash=item33762b53ca&item=221025883082&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I bid 36 and that was the final figure so a bid came in, could have been a huge proxy bid, and knowing that game it was so

KIM-1 Vintage Computer

Might interest those who are into their computer history and know what this is.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/16/commodore-kim-1-hits-ebay-auction/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170842882921+#ht_500wt_898

• Advertisement

You ever see this Steve, an IDE adapter for the FZ 10's?

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?27794-IDE-adapter-for-3DO-FZ-10

You ever see this Steve, an IDE adapter for the FZ 10's?

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?27794-IDE-adapter-for-3DO-FZ-10

I've not seen that before no. It looks like an handy thing to have for the future.
    Any benefits apart from the ability to read CD-RW discs?

Any benefits apart from the ability to read CD-RW discs?

Discs??

P1011072_2.jpg

Very handy indeed...I wonder if they're still available. I wouldn't mind hacking up an FZ-10 for this, if it meant keeping the FZ-1 alive & as more of a display piece. Let the FZ-10's be the workhorses I say :D

EDIT - Damn, I seen that as a HDD & not as a CDR drive. Still, if it saves laser wear

Discs??

P1011072_2.jpg

Very handy indeed...I wonder if they're still available. I wouldn't mind hacking up an FZ-10 for this, if it meant keeping the FZ-1 alive & as more of a display piece. Let the FZ-10's be the workhorses I say :D

EDIT - Damn, I seen that as a HDD & not as a CDR drive. Still, if it saves laser wear

I wonder what would be involved in making up some sort of HDD interface for this. Bunch of (legally owned ;)) ISO's sitting on a hard disk with a menu.

I wonder what would be involved in making up some sort of HDD interface for this. Bunch of (legally owned ;)) ISO's sitting on a hard disk with a menu.

That's what I originally thought it was :( Both have PIO modes surely, is it possible?

3DO lasers are cheap enough not to be bothering with such hassle.

3DO lasers are cheap enough not to be bothering with such hassle.

Yeah, but in ten years will you be able to get them? Thats the worry I have...parts availability down the line

If it was cheap enough I'd order it in a flash and store it away. It's easy enough to grab a few lasers for the 3DO now as The Last Bandit posted about a while back but in 10-20 years that will certainly change. And in 10-20 years you will have a better chance of already having or getting an IDE drive.

Anyway, if you could mod this with an interface for a HDD that would be the shiznitz :D

Holy Shiznitz!!!

P1011349_3.jpg
    3DO_ISO_Loader.jpg

Best to read that full thread guys :D

• Advertisement

If it was cheap enough I'd order it in a flash and store it away. It's easy enough to grab a few lasers for the 3DO now as The Last Bandit posted about a while back but in 10-20 years that will certainly change. And in 10-20 years you will have a better chance of already having or getting an IDE drive.

Anyway, if you could mod this with an interface for a HDD that would be the shiznitz :D

In 20 years time we'll be using a suppository based neural interfaces into the matrix so tangible functioning hardware won't be a concern.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement