Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Plan for the weekend:
    • Comparative Essay
    • Physics homework
    Nice day today; game of football. Grand Prix and Premiership on Sunday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

If I do Larkin, Heaney, Kavanagh and Kinsella one has to come up don't they? I mean they haven't ever asked 3 women have they? and Frost was up last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I have studied from 7 this morning till now. Doing more after lunch :P I have gotten used to doing these hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Just finished HL Maths 2000 Paper 1.. Got a good lot of it out so was pretty happy! Failed it in the mocks and now its looking like I could get a C! (I hope :pac:) :D
    Plan for the rest of the day:
    • Revise Heat and Magnetism in Physics + plus do at least 5 exam qs for each.
    • Do 2 French Reading Comps (Q1+2)
    • Do one Q5 Music Composition
    • Do essay plans in History for:
      Civil Rights Movement/Bus Boycott
      Moon Landing
      Lydon Johnson
    • Do 2010+2009 paper for Engineering.
    This is gonna be fun.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I plan to..
    1. Do a french essay on emigration, racism, Olympic Games, poverty and drugs
    2. Do a full Biology paper
    3. Research for Hamlet notes
    4. Learn a sample answer for Biomes/Soils in Geography

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Might as well write my plan down to encourage me to stick to it...
    -At least 3 years of business Qs 1 2 5 6 7
    -Maybe a history essay? :rolleyes:
    -Do at least 2 years of algebra, sequences & series, differentiation and maybe even have a shot at a few Q5s. And by this I mean take down the answers and try to get it. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm having a bit of trouble with higher Irish, not too fond of it and I find the essays quite difficult, but I just want at least a D1 in it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Hi guys,

Hope study is going well. Take a break outside today. It's gorgeous:)

Business
    Home Ec
    Geography
    Economics 
    Ag science
    English 
    Chemistry
    Irish

What ye think of above subjects? Repeating come Sept. Call me crazy!
    Not sure between Chemistry and English? Which would have the better marking sysyem to achieve high grade at higher level?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

shinesun wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hope study is going well. Take a break outside today. It's gorgeous:)

Business
    Home Ec
    Geography
    Economics 
    Ag science
    English 
    Chemistry
    Irish

What ye think of above subjects? Repeating come Sept. Call me crazy!
    Not sure between Chemistry and English? Which would have the better marking sysyem to achieve high grade at higher level?
    Thanks

It depends on the person really. I do better in English than chemistry, but I know people who struggle with English and love chemistry. It doesn't really come down to the marking scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Since everyone else is doing it, I'll do my plan for the day too.

-Walk the dog.
    -Sleep.
    -Watch the deadliest catch for a good 5 hours.
    -Sleep.
    -Have some pizza.
    -Watch some Rules of Engagement.
    -Sleep.

As you can see I still haven't quite grasped this Leaving Cert thing. JihtJ.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've done 2 hours of economics and 1 english question A so far.
    It's looking like a productive day! :). I think I might cancel going to my friends house I don't want to stop the studying now. I have a lot to do still. I didn't do the geography yet thats what my next 2 hours will be :). I'll study some of Kavanagh's poems and I need to do business questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm gigging tonight so i've spent all day playing piano lalalalalalala :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

2010 Biology exam paper - check!
    Music revison page, 2009 melody and harmony- not check!
    Maths trig questions- not check!
    Hmm this isn't going so well :D

Anyone have any tips to learn Geography essays fast? :/ I am trying to get a few learnt today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I'm gigging tonight so i've spent all day playing piano lalalalalalala :)

That's cool! What kinda stuff do you play?

David1994 wrote:
    Anyone have any tips to learn Geography essays fast? :/ I am trying to get a few learnt today!

Probably inappropriate but you did ask. :P

I make funny stories out of them or keywords. I need to revise them one thing that really stuck with me was the one I did to remember Tara Mines info for environmental sustainability, it was shameful :o

To remember that it was a big mine for lead and zinc I told myself "Tara was a huge whore" and it was polluting the environment (she was spreading STDs)...they planted trees, you can figure that euphemism out. People wanted the mine shut down (Tara had to close her legs) but workers needed employment (the men needed wimminz :pac:). Thats all I remember atm but yeah, if you're as immature and easily amused as me that might work ;)

Oh god I need to shower after this post. In before my infraction :L

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Probably inappropriate but you did ask. :P

I make funny stories out of them or keywords. I need to revise them one thing that really stuck with me was the one I did to remember Tara Mines info for environmental sustainability, it was shameful :o

To remember that it was a big mine for lead and zinc I told myself "Tara was a huge whore" and it was polluting the environment (she was spreading STDs)...they planted trees, you can figure that euphemism out. People wanted the mine shut down (Tara had to close her legs) but workers needed employment (the men needed wimminz :pac:). Thats all I remember atm but yeah, if you're as immature and easily amused as me that might work ;)

Oh god I need to shower after this post. In before my infraction :L

OMG! Thats pure gold :D I like your style! :P
    Seriously though that is a good idea. Btw the part "Tara was a huge whore" cracked me up :P

Hahahaha, thank you :P It came to me in a moment of desperation before my mock, the question actually appeared, I was chuffed. :L
    I must say I was pretty proud of it too :P Its actually written on the back of my notes, god help me if my teacher ever sees :L

I do it for Hamlet quotes too but the difference is my teacher actually does it :pac: We'd find some quote where Hamlet is mad at his mother and my teacher's like "basically what hes saying here is Ma, stop ridin' your dead husband's brother you SLUT", its hilarious :D

Haha no problem my good sir :P I would pay to see your teachers face if she saw it! This should be a study technique that is taught to first years :P
    Could ya imagine! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Maths 10 circle qsts done :D
    Irish 2 essays done :D
    History 3 documents done :D
    Accounting - Tabs done:D
    Business qst 3s to do:mad:
    English functional qsts to do:mad:
    French - Not even bothered to do anything:cool:
    Have anyone stopped going to school yet ?? I think I'll stop Monday I'm learning nothing there :/ Maths teacher was gone all week which is the only reason I go while all we did in English was watch How many miles to babylon :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

So what's this thing about NUIG Arts where ya don't need Maths or a Science subject?? Does this mean I don't have to pass maths?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Today wasn't a good day studywise :( I seem to work well every 2 days it's weird :P But tomorrow I've a french listening grind thing for 5 hours so hopefully that'll help me in that section! It always brings me down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

What a show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Since everyone else is doing it, I'll do my plan for the day too.

-Walk the dog.
    -Sleep.
    -Sleep.
    -Have some pizza.
    -Watch some Rules of Engagement.
    -Sleep.

As you can see I still haven't quite grasped this Leaving Cert thing. JihtJ.gif

lol. Is that Dave Grohl ? Kinda random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I know I'm lucky to have a job this summer, and I need the money obviously, but fcuking hell it's depressing to have nothing to look forward to after the lc. Like I'm literally working from the day I finish exams to the 31st of August, can't take one day off...ugh :(

Ok I am going to study for 1 hour in a few mins :P I took a break for 2 hours and shouldnt have as I am now unmotivated :/

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Martin_94 wrote: »
    lol. Is that Dave Grohl ? Kinda random.

Yessir, it's from the 'Learn to Fly' video.

David1994 wrote: »
    Ok I am going to study for 1 hour in a few mins :P I took a break for 2 hours and shouldnt have as I am now unmotivated :/

I can never study at this time, you're maaaad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Namlub wrote: »
    I know I'm lucky to have a job this summer, and I need the money obviously, but fcuking hell it's depressing to have nothing to look forward to after the lc. Like I'm literally working from the day I finish exams to the 31st of August, can't take one day off...ugh :(

Oh god I know that feel. In fairness I amn't working everyday, but everyone in my year is like "I'm going to Spain!! I'm going to Italy!!" and I'm like "I'm working in Woodies!! :D"

I cant say I'd envy you even if you are lucky. Can you not even take results day off?! I mean, how are you meant to get your results at 9am if you're working? Or if its not til later...you could hardly be like "Yay, 500 odd points, off to work now", thats not fair :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Least you didn't work through the lc be grateful miss :P summer can get totally boring at times but work will keep it interesting :) and you won't be working every single day of the week :P you'll get at least 2 days off a week :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement